The value of a "crush" | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

The value of a "crush"

I 'crush' on the opposite sex... what makes me feel like a giddy 16 year old girl is what I would consider a crush.

I admire people too, but it is not a 'crush'.

I 'crush' on the opposite sex... what makes me feel like a giddy 16 year old girl is what I would consider a crush.

I admire people too, but it is not a 'crush'.

I agree. I can admire someone but that doesn't mean i have a crush on them. So, i'm not sure about the friend crushes. To each his own. I can think someone is "cool" for lack of a better term, and not have a crush. A crush imo, is a little more than saying i think you're cool. It means you feel a little more than that. Crush has an element of attraction to it i think. The feeling that if both cared enough (although it doesn't have to go in that direction) that there could, not should necessarily, be more.

If someone compliments you, you may respond differently depending on their motives. If they're simply being complimentary, you may think, that's cool or appreciate it for just that. But if they're complimenting you because of a crush, then it's a bit different. You may flattered, uncomfortable, or become even more interested if they spark your interest, and you feel the same.

Last edited:
I agree. I can admire someone but that doesn't mean i have a crush on them. So, i'm not sure about the friend crushes. To each his own. I can think someone is "cool" for lack of a better term, and not have a crush. A crush imo, is a little more than saying i think you're cool. It means you feel a little more than that. Crush has an element of attraction to it i think. The feeling that if both cared enough (although it doesn't have to go in that direction) that there could, not should necessarily, be more.

If someone compliments you, you may respond differently depending on their motives. If they're simply being complimentary, you may think, that's cool or appreciate it for just that. But if they're complimenting you because of a crush, then it's a bit different. You may flattered, uncomfortable, or become even more interested if they spark your interest, and you feel the same.

EXACTLY!

bump! (Just for the fun of it)

I think you have a "crush" on someone when the things that you like about them are partially (or even entirely) imagined. You see a person reading your favorite book and perhaps assume they love it, too. This isn't necessarily true, but it does provoke interest, and it's things like that paired with a pleasing physical appearance, I think, that make up a crush.

A crush is a state of unexplainable excitement.
You really don't know why you feel as you do, but the excitement is crazy-making.
It is not always sexual, either.

Value of a crushes?

They make everyday mundane situations fun or exciting in defiance of all reason.

Value of a crushes?

They make everyday mundane situations fun or exciting in defiance of all reason.

YES!

I agree though after awhile it might go the other way too. makes you not wanna do things esp if the feelings are not reciprocated.

YES!

I agree though after awhile it might go the other way too. makes you not wanna do things esp if the feelings are not reciprocated.

In that situation, half the fun is trying to pretend you don't have a crush.