The things we don't talk about | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The things we don't talk about

I wish people would talk more about the things they will only put on their bumper stickers. Seriously, it is OK to tell me controversial things to my face. One shouldn't have to have to face the other way and have two tons of metal behind their back in order to say something they believe in.

Last edited:
child and animal abuse. i believe as a society we are their only defense and have an obligation to keep our eyes open for these victims who can't speak or defend themselves, nor hesitate to pick up the phone and report them. i knew a young girl who had been abused and i hope to bring more awareness to this one day for her and for the million's that go unreported every year. april was supposed to be child abuse awareness month, and yet i saw not one commercial nor read one article in a newspaper, magazine, nothing. i think that is bullshit.

I think....

People do not discuss things they are not comfortable discussing.

People are often uncomfortable discussing things because of what others may think of them; they fear rejection of their intimate thoughts and pains.

There are a lot of reasons that a person may not want to talk about something, but the most important thing is, they shouldn't have to. If you would like someone to talk about something, you have the right to voice that but every person has the right to say no. Just because you think a thought or idea would be useful or helpful to others, or that it hurts them deeply and it would help them to share, does not make it so.

Every individual is responsible for handling things in a manner that they feel fits with their inner path, and I think that if a person doesn't want to share something difficult, I can work that into my inner path without judgment unto them or trying to theorize why this is the case.