The Texting Habits of an INFJ? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The Texting Habits of an INFJ?

I don't text much, reason being my lack of contacts, I only have my parents listed there, sometimes I worry that when I do text however I sound to straightforward or cold.

Last edited:
If people text me, I will text back to them in response. In full, complete, grammatical sentences... even if that means I have to break the message into part one and part two. I don't text-speak beyond an occasional "LOL".

Which annoys the hell out of some people, for some reason.

And that is why I do it :p

I don't text much myself, though. What the hell is wrong with a good ol' fashioned phone call, anyhow?

Last edited:
If people text me, I will text back to them in response. In full, complete, grammatical sentences... even if that means I have to break the message into part one and part two. I text-speak beyond "LOL".

It annoys the hell out of some people, for some reason.

Which is why I do it :p

I don't text much myself, though. What the hell is wrong with a good ol' fashioned phone call, anyhow?

What she said!

Cell Phones are the devil!

Aside from that I prefer to text and IM because it gives me those extra thinking moments. I communicate better when I have a chance to think about how to reply.

I'm too lazy to learn how to use the texting feature on my phone. I'm such an old bat :)

I don't text much and often do not prefer to have conversations on the phone if I can help it. I rather talk in person, this way I can have a more personalized and powerful conversation in person; after all same topics cannot always be talked about again and again and I would like it to be of most quality.

If people text me, I will text back to them in response. In full, complete, grammatical sentences... even if that means I have to break the message into part one and part two. I don't text-speak beyond an occasional "LOL".

Which annoys the hell out of some people, for some reason.

And that is why I do it :p

lmao. i also use complete grammatical sentences with all the punctuation in my texts...i think i've even used a semicolon. bahahaha

I would much rather text than talk in person and I would much rather talk in person than talk on the phone.

That being said, I rarely initiate any of the 3, although I respond to others.

lmao. i also use complete grammatical sentences with all the punctuation in my texts...i think i've even used a semicolon. bahahaha

LOL. I use semi-colon all the time. When I'm describing something, it usually ends up to being like, 5 messages to the other person. Oh, I forgot. I do type in 'LOL' and the likes. Because I laugh. A lot. :m168:

I prefer actually talking to the person on the phone. You can pick up the other person's voice and how they are feeling much easier.

+1

But as I have to say nothing beats face-to-face.

I don't particularly enjoy texting. It's okay I guess. I prefer it to talking on the phone. When I do text, I never abbreviate words and try my best to use proper grammar and capitalization.

I've had very important conversations through text messaging. I also make frequent use of the "save as draft" function when I run out of space in a message. I'll finish what I have to say first and then send them all at the same time.

I only text with a couple people, mostly Ria. However, if I want to go in depth about anything I would rather talk in person. I don't like talking on the phone because silences are more awkward than in person. Anyway, I say lol more to indicate that I'm joking, not that I'm necessarily laughing out loud. I like texting, as well as emailing and instant messaging...I find I can express myself a lot better in writing, I suppose because I have more time to think about what I'm going to say and I don't have the pressure of someone looking at me when I'm speaking.

It seems that even the INFJs that do text don't text in the usual air-headed fashion.

It seems that even the INFJs that do text don't text in the usual air-headed fashion.

Right! I kind of figured such. I noticed my texts look like term papers in comparison to those who text me. I don't know any other INFJs besides us on this site either. :D
Posted via Mobile Device