The Terrifying Trump | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

The Terrifying Trump

Maybe it's because you're not as intelligent as Sam Harris is.

Lol....

Threads and posts like this symbolises why the forum has been so dead in recent weeks. You are the bane of civilised discussion because you thrive on baiting people's emotions. I say I don't agree with Sam, and you reply with an attempt to poke my intelligence. It's both hilarious and sad at the same time.

Reactions: Siimplicity
I don't think the disgust that people feel for Trump needs explaining. If a person can't understand why people are so put-off by him, then they haven't been paying attention.

Whenever someone tells me that they are behind Trump, I feel like they have handed me a right to question their intelligence. And I do not care about their reasons.

I don't think the disgust that people feel for Trump needs explaining. If a person can't understand why people are so put-off by him, then they haven't been paying attention.

Whenever someone tells me that they are behind Trump, I feel like they have handed me a right to question their intelligence. And I do not care about their reasons.

I haven't told anyone I support him, I flashed a few memes on a silly thread and of course the online outrage brigade couldn't stand for that so they assume I must support him unconditionally like some kind of charismatic cult of personality. Yet, because I will go to many lengths to keep Hillary away from the White House, my intelligence is questioned. I could just as easily give the same line of questioning to those that would rather put Hillary in grasp of that power for whatever reason. I think there is a certain arrogance in many people that assume that it is the supporter of Trump that has all of the explaining to do. Hillary supporters deserve exactly the same treatment.

I'm just happy I currently live in Britain.

I haven't told anyone I support him, and yet because I will go to many lengths to keep Hillary away from the White House, my intelligence is questioned. I could just as easily give the same line of questioning to those that would rather put Hillary in grasp of that power for whatever reason. I think there is a certain arrogance in many people that assume that it is the supporter of Trump that has all of the explaining to do. Hillary supporters deserve exactly the same treatment.

I'm just happy I currently live in Britain.

Oh, I wasn't refering to your post. I'm not aware of who you are for or against.

Oh, I wasn't refering to your post.

I understand.

EW was an avid Trump supporter that I despised, and it seems that many people would love to garner the opportunity to lump me in with the mass of supporters that like him for whatever reason; almost like a witch-hunt. Nowhere near enough scrutiny has been placed on Hillary in recent weeks.

I don't even know why I'm replying to this thread. I honestly get more fearful of this election result the closer we get to November.

I understand.

EW was an avid Trump supporter that I despised, and it seems that many people would love to garner the opportunity to lump me in with the mass of supporters that like him for whatever reason; almost like a witch-hunt. Nowhere near enough scrutiny has been placed on Hillary in recent weeks.

I would agree that neither is an ideal choice, but when people pretend that they do not understand why people are so disgusted with Trump, I can't help but give them a sidewards glance. It's willful ignorance. And again, I am not refering to you, just the question asked in the OP.

I would agree that neither is an ideal choice, but when people pretend that they do not understand why people are so disgusted with Trump, I can't help but give them a sidewards glance. It's willful ignorance. And again, I am not refering to you, just the question asked in the OP.

Because Trump has an insane number of flaws which many of his supporters are unwilling to admit to, or are blinded by their ignorance to condemn it. But at least this is currently being exposed on a daily basis by almost every media outlet and commentator. The questions raised over Hillary's candidacy are minute in-comparison. She must not be allowed to be entitled to the Presidency on the back of her husband. I hope that the debates will flesh out the colours of both candidates and provide clarity, for all our sake.

Trump proposes his daughter, Ivanka, as a potential member of his cabinet when asked by a Florida journalist:

“I can tell you everybody would say, ‘Put Ivanka in, put Ivanka in,’ you know that, right?” Trump told First Coast News. “She’s very popular, she’s done very well, and you know Ivanka very well.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...-female-cabinet-members-trump-proposes-ivanka
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/05/politics/clinton-trump-ivanka-cabinet/
http://www.thewrap.com/donald-trump...tion-white-house-administration-very-popular/

Reactions: Skarekrow
I think what many people want and expect from Trump when he says to "Make America Great Again" is a return to the pre-subprime mortgage days where so many were profiting off an inherently flawed and fraudulent economic promise. So many people lost their jobs, pensions, and homes. Of course, they're still angry, but a return to those days would only lead to another collapse. It's utterly foolish and deceitful.

Idk @JJJA I was always under the impression you were for Trump based on your posts, which I didn't personally mind. That's your prerogative. I even vaguely remember you claiming he was very intelligent if not more intelligent than most because he wrote a book (that he didn't actually write.) But maybe I am remembering your post wrong. I'm not going to sift through your history, though.

Regardless. Trump or Clinton... Both are awful choices.

Governments are not businesses and attempting to justify your qualifications on your business acumen is highly fallacious. A business' objective is profit. A government's is the protection of its citizens. Our education, healthcare, and criminal-justice systems should not be out for profit. Only the very wealthy benefit if we continue to let this go unabated!

Idk @JJJA I was always under the impression you were for Trump based on your posts, which I didn't personally mind. That's your prerogative. I even vaguely remember you claiming he was very intelligent if not more intelligent than most because he wrote a book (that he didn't actually write.) But maybe I am remembering your post wrong. I'm not going to sift through your history, though.

Regardless. Trump or Clinton... Both are awful choices.

I was making a dig at a forum member. I certainly don't think Trump is an intellectual, but I think many people make the same mistake with him as they did with George Bush; assuming they are smarter than him based on a few quotes. Arrogant assumptions to make. He's incredibly inarticulate and often says some ridiculous things, but stupid? I wouldn't go that far.

Reactions: Eventhorizon
@JJJA The difference between Trump and Bush or Reagan, is not the degree of intelligence. Trump is different than those two not because he lacks their intelligence it is because he does not surround himself with intelligent people and he also seems to have to have no awareness of his limitations, either in knowledge or intellect. That is scary and should give everyone cause for alarm. The President cannot and should not be expected to know everything, but he should be surrounding himself with the best and brightest advisors. Look at the people who stood up for him at the convention, a large collection of family members and employees. On more than one occasion Trump has indicated he is advising himself.

Examine a foreign policy question, his stance on US-Russian Federation relations. Some might say that the US should be softer on Russia and try to engage them in negotiations to bring them back into the into the community of nations. If Trump believes this, as his statements on this topic have indicated, then why on earth does he seem to be indicating that the US might not act if one of Baltic states was invaded? If we are going to be softer on Russia, the Russians need to know where the limits of our tolerance for their behavior are. If Putin believes that he has carte blanche to do as he pleases, don't you think he is going take advantage of that?? The President or even presidential candidate needs to think things through before he speaks. So far I have grave doubts that Trump is willing or able to do that.

He's incredibly inarticulate and often says some ridiculous things, but stupid? I wouldn't go that far.

How is that not the very definition of stupid? Do you have some other indicator of stupidity or are you just stupid yourself?

stupid
adjective
1. lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull.
2. characterized by or proceeding from mental dullness; foolish; senseless:
a stupid question.
3. tediously dull, especially due to lack of meaning or sense; inane; pointless:
a stupid party.
4. annoying or irritating; troublesome:
Turn off that stupid radio.
5. in a state of stupor; stupefied:
stupid from fatigue.
6. Slang. excellent; terrific.

Dictionary.com definition.

Please focus on the topic and attempt to refrain from ad hominem and attacking other forum members. These are of course divisive topics, but since we're adults I imagine we can try to have a civil discussion that doesn't devolve into insulting other people.

Have to say...picking hedge fund managers, bankers, etc. as his cabinet should tell you something right there.
I’m sure he’s really going to reform Wall St...because he’s the common mans’ Champion...really for reasons not limited to - having a big mouth, being the “angry” at the establishment representative, fear-mongering, lying, demeaning candidates and their families, making fun of disabled people, making racist remarks that is still very much alive in the US...yes, blue lives matter, no one is disagreeing with that...and yes all lives matter too...but the whole point of black lives matter was to raise awareness that they are being treated unfairly by our criminal justice system (even though whites and blacks are neck in neck in violent crimes committed).
They are more likely to be shot...2.5X more actually than their white counterparts.
Trump and the republicans have already discounted minorities of all races, not to mention women.
The convention was fear fear fear fear fear fear - I’m Trump and only I can fix it.
His economic plan released recently will continue to funnel money from the working class to the 1% as they enjoy the tax breaks we don’t have the pleasure of being able to use...cause you’re too poor...I’m too poor...
The bottom 80% captured a pathetic 8% of all new wealth in the country last count (it was somewhere around there).
His cabinet again, speaks for itself.
It is not a group that will favor the people over business.

Last edited:
"Well, there are a couple of Wall Street hedge fund billionaires, at least two mortgage fraudsters, America’s discount cigarette CEO, the king of crumbling strip malls, Nixon’s former lawyer who moved to Neverland, a fracking crazy oilman who attributes rising stock prices to Trump, a second generation Goldman-Sachs investment banker, and a corporate raider who profited from both the 2008 crash and 9/11.

If you were expecting to find an economist among Trump’s economic advisers … have you been paying attention? This is Trump.

Now that is some scary shit.