[Images] - The Psychology of Conspiracy Theorists and Theories | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

[Images] The Psychology of Conspiracy Theorists and Theories

Rium

• Total voters
Can people stop putting words in my mouth please.
Leave me out of your little squabbles.

Conflating theories of conspiracy with the farthest out there ideas about God only knows what is double plus Orwell. Conspiracies, large and small, make up politics... the government isn't very transparent, or at least publicized beyond the narrative of being personality driven. When was the last time they talked about lobbyists in the mainstream media? I doubt the corporations/interests spend huge sums expecting/getting nothing in return. At the very least, there's the tip of the iceberg. You don't hear about the inner workings of the bureaucracies which are responsible for most of the things the government does... is it really so far fetched to think that there are things going on behind the scenes? When they act together, which they surely must in order to do whatever, you have yourself a conspiracy. We only know of the ones from before the FOIA had its teeth pulled out. That's not even close to crazy. And, if you think they government hasn't been covering up stuff about ufos, you haven't looked into it. That's not even close to crazy. Again, with so little public information, it wouldn't be unexpected for theories of what's going on to occasionally totally miss the mark. Combine that with disinformation campaigns and you've got so much noise that it's hard to pick out the crazy from the not crazy, and that just might tend to get people crazy. It seems like it should be so simple to just be decent to each other and leave each other be if they're not hurting someone... expecting decency seems to be where all of my political ideas go wrong. *sigh*

Finally a sensible post!

You understand that conspiracies happen all the time and that governments lie all the time

So once we know that...and frankly any adult should know that then it then comes down to assessing each theory that is raised

Some are going to be far out and wrong and others will be spot on

Whats funny is that the naysayers can make a thread attacking the 'psychology' of anyone who questions the government and that is apparently ok

But if a person who questions the government tries to defend their position they are attacked on a personal level whilst themself being accused of trying to 'attack' other posters

lol

Maybe we need to start a thread attacking the psychology of those who blindly believe authority? Why do they do it....is it a lack of intelligence or do they just allow their emotions to prevent rational thought?

For example do they only listen to a person if they like them?

Or another example of allowing emotions to suppress rational thought would be them being afraid to say anything different from the rest of the herd because they are afraid to stand out from the herd

Finally a sensible post!

You understand that conspiracies happen all the time and that governments lie all the time

So once we know that...and frankly any adult should know that then it then comes down to assessing each theory that is raised

Some are going to be far out and wrong and others will be spot on

Whats funny is that the naysayers can make a thread attacking the 'psychology' of anyone who questions the government and that is apparently ok

But if a person who questions the government tries to defend their position they are attacked on a personal level whilst themself being accused of trying to 'attack' other posters

lol

Maybe we need to start a thread attacking the psychology of those who blindly believe authority? Why do they do it....is it a lack of intelligence or do they just allow their emotions to prevent rational thought?

For example do they only listen to a person if they like them?

Or another example of allowing emotions to suppress rational thought would be them being afraid to say anything different from the rest of the herd because they are afraid to stand out from the herd

Oh, I feel another rant in the works.

Here's an image of how it makes me feel:
1079427-xzar.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tin Man
Because they rely on people being ignorant enough to fall for their lies

But basically they only needed to carry the lie for long enough to invade Iraq.....the lie was to justify the invasion

Once the lie is exposed, the news has moved on and so has peoples attention

Sadly a section of the public doesn't seem to learn each time and forgets that their government lies about everything

I don't forget so i get called a 'conspiracy theorist' by that forgetful section of the public who bizarrely like to act as the thought police for the government

Had it occured to you that the media eventually tells us about this stuff because online bloggers like me force their hand by being honest and brave enough to speak out?

I absolutely agree with your last line, which is why so many conspiracies don't add up, because there are too many people who would love to find the smoking gun for these things and would not hesitate to make it public.

Using your 'logic' then why haven't we had people in the mainstream media find the proof to the 911 conspiracy, or the moon landing, or most of the other conspiracies? Why this one and not the others?

If there are these groups that are as powerful as you say and work in the background and are tied in to the Republicans, then these groups have now somehow mismanaged the Iraq war and the weapons of mass destruction, which to me seems so much simpler to have faked than 911 and the moon landing.

Oh, I feel another rant in the works.

Here's an image of how it makes me feel:
1079427-xzar.jpg

If the way the public thinks is not important then why would the system invest so much energy and money into manipulating perception...do you know what i mean?

It's because it DOES MATTER how the public thinks because it is the collective perception of the public that then shapes our reality

It then becomes a tug and pull between the truth seekers and the liars as they wage war over the consciousness of the public

if the public just go along to get along with the liars then they allow the world the liars want to take shape

So for example if people do not call out the government on their lies for example over the non-existent weapons of mass destruction that justified the invasion of iraq then suprise suprise the government then feels emboldened and they then take us into more wars....more death, destruction and wasted taxpayers money

Meanwhile the very same liars destroy our economy through the banking scandals and banking bail outs so that life becomes harder and harder for all of us

And all because people can't develop the spine to face the truth and speak it

I absolutely agree with your last line, which is why so many conspiracies don't add up, because there are too many people who would love to find the smoking gun for these things and would not hesitate to make it public.

There's two problems i see with what you are saying here

First of all you are being too vague.

You are talking about 'conspiracies' in general as if they are all the same; they're not so we have to deal with each one independently

Secondly you seem to think that people haven't been exposing all the conspiracies but they have!

This is what i'm trying to tell some of the naysayers...that just because they haven't got the information it doesn't mean the information isn't out there

The information is NOT PROVIDED by the system for example through the corporate media eg the evening news or through the education system but if you follow my various threads you will see information being posted REGULARLY that shows the true story behind events

Using your 'logic' then why haven't we had people in the mainstream media find the proof to the 911 conspiracy,

There is proof to the 911 conspiracy but the corporate media is not going to report it because it is subservient to the families who control the corporations and who orchestrated the attack

or the moon landing, or most of the other conspiracies? Why this one and not the others?

many of the public for example some of the characters who have posted in this thread won't bat an eyelid when they find out the government lied over Iraq; in fact they will continue as before abusing anyone who points this out as a 'conspiracy theorist'

But imagine if the mainstream media admitted that 911 was an inside job....what do you think would happen then?

There are some lies they can let go of without much damage to their system but the biggest lies they will cling to and cover up until their last breath to protect themselves from large scale public revolt

If there are these groups that are as powerful as you say and work in the background and are tied in to the Republicans, then these groups have now somehow mismanaged the Iraq war and the weapons of mass destruction, which to me seems so much simpler to have faked than 911 and the moon landing.

Try to understand what actually exists doesn't matter....the game is about what people think exists

It is easier to control what people think exists then what actually exists

What people think exists is a PERCEPTION of reality

So propaganda is about controlling the PERCEPTIONS of the public

They don't need Iraq to actually have WMD they only need the public to believe that they do

if the public do not seek any information outside of the corporate media they will never know any different

This is the principle of Platos cave. The public are in platos cave and the manipulators are controlling the images flashed on the cave walls

The iraq deception goes much deeper than the WMD lie. A few years before that war they had another war with iraq and that one started because the US sold slant drilling technology to the kuweitis who then used it to drill under the border of their neighbour Iraq in order to steal iraqs oil

Kuweit then stole iraqs oil and sold it really cheaply to the US. This drove global oil prices down which meant lower revenues for Iraq. The Iraqi economy was being driven to destruction so they asked the US if they could invade kuweit and stop the drilling. before this time Iraq had been a client of the US. The US said it was no business of theirs what Iraq did so iraq invaded kuweit

But once they did that the US sprung their trap and started demonising iraq to the world and started making a case for war. The US got a woman who claimed to be a kuweiti nurse to stand before congress and claim that the iraqis were committing atrocities to kuweiti babies in the hospitals but later on it transpired that the woman was not a nurse at all but rather the daughter of the kuweiti ambassador to the US

It was all a big deception. So the US got a group of countries together who it bribed or threatened into joining their coalition and then attacked Iraq

The US zionists ALWAYS attack and destroy soveriegn nationalist countries who are energy self reliant because they want to control them all and their resources; this is why they have destroyed iraq, libya, afghanistan and why they are seeking to destroy syria, yemen, venezuala, ukraine and ultimately Iran

Last edited:

Using your 'logic' then why haven't we had people in the mainstream media find the proof to the 911 conspiracy, or the moon landing, or most of the other conspiracies? Why this one and not the others?

You will find I think that logic falls on deaf ears in this regard. As does reason for that matter. I applaud you for trying though.

You will find I think that logic falls on deaf ears in this regard. As does reason for that matter. I applaud you for trying though.

More insults....that fall like water off a ducks back...but where is your penetrating analysis of what is going on in the world....oh yeah...you don't have any just insults pouring from a big mouth

There are plenty of whistleblowers who then get ignored and never make it into the mainstream media. muir posted about how there was a list of whistleblowers and witnesses who had suspicious deaths. There are scores and scores of whistleblowers about the ufos, astronauts, intelligence people, politicians, and declassified material, but the media treats it as a joke subject. So, they are there, it's just that people expect that they'll hear about it from the mainstream. There's a culture of telling people what they want to hear or what others want them to say in the media, and like universities, you'll get sacked if you talk about things they don't want to hear... in fact, most jobs are like this in my experience. The truth is that people in the mainstream media aren't looking for the truth, they're looking to entertain people and sell the line to the public to keep and get status. Investigative journalists researching conspiracies also have a history of having bizarre suicides, who aren't in the mainstream anyway.

The Iraq wars are an example of the mainstream media's extensive researching before jumping altogether to declare things facts which turn out to be utterly wrong and poorly investigated. IIRC, it was a single somewhat dubious CIA intel source who pointed at Iraq having WMDs while the rest of the agency said that it looked doubtful that they had any... who did the media report about? Hard evidence was conspicuously missing and it was a bunch of noisy warmongers, but everyone ignored that in a 'patriotic' fervor to go blow some people up. A patriot would have considered that he was sending his countrymen to go die and kill somewhere, and thought carefully about whether or not their lives were worth it. And that's the sort of discomforting truth that people don't like to hear about.

Edit: I don't mean to single you out with my stronger language.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kgal
There are plenty of whistleblowers who then get ignored and never make it into the mainstream media. muir posted about how there was a list of whistleblowers and witnesses who had suspicious deaths. There are scores and scores of whistleblowers about the ufos, astronauts, intelligence people, politicians, and declassified material, but the media treats it as a joke subject. So, they are there, it's just that people expect that they'll hear about it from the mainstream. There's a culture of telling people what they want to hear or what others want them to say in the media, and like universities, you'll get sacked if you talk about things they don't want to hear... in fact, most jobs are like this in my experience. The truth is that people in the mainstream media aren't looking for the truth, they're looking to entertain people and sell the line to the public to keep and get status. Investigative journalists researching conspiracies also have a history of having bizarre suicides, who aren't in the mainstream anyway.

The Iraq wars are an example of the mainstream media's extensive researching before jumping altogether to declare things facts which turn out to be utterly wrong and poorly investigated. IIRC, it was a single somewhat dubious CIA intel source who pointed at Iraq having WMDs while the rest of the agency said that it looked doubtful that they had any... who did the media report about? Hard evidence was conspicuously missing and it was a bunch of noisy warmongers, but everyone ignored that in a 'patriotic' fervor to go blow some people up. A patriot would have considered that he was sending his countrymen to go die and kill somewhere, and thought carefully about whether or not their lives were worth it. And that's the sort of discomforting truth that people don't like to hear about.

they would have the truth outlawed

So I learned no MBTI is safe from idiots. I think this was the last topping on that conclusion. Besides insanity being the norm, people living in blocked belief systems, denial, the most primitive and very pathological defense system.
Along with acting out.
MBTI has shown to be more and more irrelevant in people. I think it is the level of development and sanity that matters, I couldn't give 2 damns about the function stack. To think that NTs where less vulnerable to such bs. The world is so close to the dark ages in terms of people's nature. Last time I checked a comedy on dark age mindset, replace 1 word with something of today and it fits perfectly. I have found where sane people are, I'm so glad. Without networks I don't know what is more probable, meeting at-least one or meeting none in your life.

So I learned no MBTI is safe from idiots. I think this was the last topping on that conclusion. Besides insanity being the norm, people living in blocked belief systems, denial, the most primitive and very pathological defense system.
Along with acting out.
MBTI has shown to be more and more irrelevant in people. I think it is the level of development and sanity that matters, I couldn't give 2 damns about the function stack. To think that NTs where less vulnerable to such bs. The world is so close to the dark ages in terms of people's nature. Last time I checked a comedy on dark age mindset, replace 1 word with something of today and it fits perfectly. I have found where sane people are, I'm so glad. Without networks I don't know what is more probable, meeting at-least one or meeting none in your life.

Yeah I think we are in a dark age

But i wouldn't say it is to do with peoples nature because human nature has different aspects to it

So as Jung would say we have an 'animal nature' which in spiritual terms you could equate to the lower base chakras or in freemasonic terms you could equate to the generative organs

But then we have our hearts which communicate to the brain. The heart is of course the heart chakra and should provide compassion and empathy. It is linked to the right hemisphere of the brain

Then we have mind which is the seat of the ego which gets caught up in the petty squabbles (see above)

The left hemisphere of the brain is INTELLECT or 'lucifer' in religious terminology; a luciferian is someone who is imbalanced towards their left brain and obsessed with logic and categorisation and fails to balance that out with the right hemisphere which is to do with connectivity and wholeness. So lucifer is an imbalance towards INTELLECT

Intellect is not bad per se as long as it is balanced out with the right hemisphere

The system is designed to pull people into INTELLECT and to shun for example the arts and spirituality and things that see things more holistically

But INTELLECT is a myopic view of the world so it is not INTELLIGENCE which is the balancing of the two hemispheres of the brain and the balancing of the mind and animal nature with the heart's compassion

So there are people out there who are doing intellect tasks set for them by the system eg exams who then think they are intelligent when they achieve well at those left brain tasks; for example note how many people in this thread who don't question authority and who don't think for themselves cite their academic backgrounds as proof that they are intelligent!

But those same people are unable to see the manipulations being carried on under their own noses by their governments so they are not intelligent (yet)

Living in denial too is not intelligent because it allows the problems in the world to deepen and it causes cognitive dissonance within us leading to mental health problems as we attempt to live within a lie

Society will heal and the problems in the world will cease when people are able to become INTELLIGENT and COMPASSIONATE

There is nothing intelligent or compassionate about turning the other way and letting a corrupt government murder people around the world whilst stealing our own freedoms and wealth at home

That is not clever! That is stupid and cowardly

So anyway....yeah i don't think it is to do with nature rather with how we perceive the world and when people start perceiving correctly then they will feed other aspects of their nature and balance out the human creature better

The manipulators constantly seek to push humanity into the ANIMAL NATURE hence all the overt sexuality and gratuitous violence on TV for example and all the wars etc because they want to imbalance us to our animal nature side which then unleashes destructive forces and stops us engaging with our hearts and higher nature ('spirit')

Last edited:
Along with acting out.

What exactly are you talking about?

Ok conspiracy theorist!

lol

Honestly….call me whatever you wish.
It’s all semantics Muir.
Let whomever think whatever they want about me or you.

[h=2]The 2015 general election and conspiracy theories[/h] Posted on May 1, 2015 by Daniel Jolley

Millions of people in the United Kingdom will head to the polling stations on Thursday (7[SUP]th[/SUP] May) to vote in the 2015 general election. There will however be a large portion of people, whilst eligible, will not cast their vote.
Looking back at the 2010 general election, just 29.7 million out of the 45.6 million people eligible to vote did so. 15.9 million people therefore did not vote.
There may be many reasons for this, such as a disinterest in politics or the election process or competing time commitments. Another key contributor may however be the influence of exposure to conspiracy theories.
Research conducted by Karen Douglas and myself have explored this idea further. We found that when people were exposed to conspiracy theories that argued the government is involved in shady deals and plots, people reported reduced intentions to engage in the political process such as voting. This effect was explained by an increase in feelings of political powerlessness — which is the feeling that one’s action will not impact the political system.
Our research therefore suggests that exposure to government conspiracy theories may increase feelings that one’s action will have little impact, which may lower one’s intention to engage in political behaviours.

People need to vote. If people do not, such disengagement may be detrimental for society and could damage important social systems that are needed for society to function effectively.
Conspiracy theories, with the aid of the Internet, are becoming more popular. Twitter for example, is flourishing with conspiracy theories. This therefore begs the question: Will there be even less people out of the pool of eligible voters going to the polling stations on Thursday than in 2010?
Then, out of those who will not be voting, could conspiracy theories be playing a role? Research to date is suggesting they may be.
This really gets my goat, in all chatter that our resident conspiracsist "blogger" has posted, not bothering to vote seems to be the take away message, why should we? there is no recourse other than to accept the overwhelming might of the overlords, hoard some guns, shun vaccines and watch out for chemtrails.

[h=1]Paranoia and Conspiracy Theories[/h]
Dr. Schwartz's Weblog By Allan Schwartz, LCSW, Ph.D. Jun 21, 2013
Allan Schwartz, LCSW, Ph.D. was in private practice for more than thirty years. He is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the states ...Read More

The conspiracy theories are many and weird. For example, all of us have heard about the government cover up of visits by extra terrestrial beings to planet earth. Some people claim to have seen flying saucers in the sky while yet others claim to have been kidnapped by these beings, brought to their saucer and submitted to intrusive physical examinations.
One of the more painful theories is that the murder of 18 children in the New town massacre was committed by the government to give them an excuse to take guns away from Americans. In fact, some conspiracists assert that the massacre never occurred. They insist that it was a media event created toward the same goal of taking our guns away.
The horrific 9/11/01 attacks on the World Trade Center have also been blamed on the government as a way to get us into war in Iraq. Another version of this plot is that the Israelis attacked the World Trade Center in order to blame it on the Arabs.
One last example of these theories is that the United States never did land on the moon and that the entire thing was a charade to fool the world during the Cold War.
The list of these theories can go on for some time.
What are the reasons for these beliefs in plots and why do they all involve government cover-ups?
Psychologists have been speculating for some time about this.
First, it’s important to say that conspiracies do happen. In fact, there is a kernel of truth or possibility behind all of these theories. Perhaps that is the reason why so many Americans believe in these theories. Given the national feeling of suspicion towards government at this time, it becomes understandable that there would be a tendency to believe in these conspiracies. Whether it’s the damage Richard Nixon did in our ability to trust government or Ronald Reagan’s assertion that “Government is the problem,” or a cultural aspect of American life that has always distrusted authority, we have an immediate tendency to believe that the government is up to no good.
Then, too, psychopathology is involved in the process of weaving these theories. Psychologists state that those whose personalities tend to be authoritarian are more likely to believe in conspiracies. In need of a sense of control over events, conspiracies provide them with an explanation for those events over which they cannot exert control.
It is also thought that the process of finding conspiracies behind these events is due to a strong sense of individualism. Individualists, if they feel that their independence is threatened find dark forces behind that are threatening to rob them of their freedom. That is why we hear the anti gun control people state that even having back ground checks would result in the government having lists of gun owners who could then be pursued later on, when the government want to remove those guns. In this, there is a sinister belief that the government is all powerful, all controlling and about to swoop down on all of us in order to enslave the American people. That is quite paranoid thinking.
All of this is happening as America tries to function in a world that seems increasingly chaotic and war-like. It will be important for all of us to hold onto some kind of objective way of thinking and not get swept into the paranoia. Remember, we have a democratically elected government. The next presidential elections, as of the writing of this article, will be in 2016 with important congressional elections coming in 2014. It’s important to fight paranoid thinking by reminding ourselves that all we have to do is vote.
Your comments and questions are encouraged.
Allan N. Schwartz, PhD
Keep Reading By Author Allan Schwartz, LCSW, Ph.D.
https://www.mentalhelp.net/blogs/paranoia-and-conspiracy-theories/

If nothing is ever what it seems to be, why is it that anything can come in to fill the vacuum and that the least likely now becomes the most likely?

This really gets my goat, in all chatter that our resident conspiracsist "blogger" has posted, not bothering to vote seems to be the take away message, why should we? there is no recourse other than to accept the overwhelming might of the overlords, hoard some guns, shun vaccines and watch out for chemtrails.

I believe there's a conspiracy to discourage large groups of people from voting by having them believe in conspiracy theories that make them believe that voting is a waste of time.

Edit: I don't mean to single you out with my stronger language.

There's a big difference between the 'whistleblowers' mentioned in most posts about conspiracy theories and real whistleblowers like Edward Snowden and even more with Republicans conceding that they screwed up. I honestly think that the republicans admitting to their mistake on the WMD and the Iraq War is one of the worst things to happen to conspiracy theorists. Wait, maybe they're just doing this to throw us off the trail...no, I don't think so, the egomaniacs in the Republican party have to be hurting big time admitting that they made a mistake.

Again, the problem is that real 'conspiracies' and real problems that need to be ferreted out and brought to the light get lost in all the false stuff being promoted by 'conspiracy theorists' who keep twisting things to fit their narrative. I'm all for finding out the truth and supporting real whistleblowers but not for blindly supporting every weird theory that comes out. It seems for conspiracy theorists you have to believe everything they claim without questioning anything. That's a huge double standard in my opinion. 'Don't believe them, they're all lying, but believe me, I'm not.' Sorry, I don't fall for that propaganda either.