The predetermined destiny of an INFJ | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

The predetermined destiny of an INFJ

I read somewhere that people that have been in tense situations in their formative years can become more intuitive. I am reading a book now that proposes (or at least I have understood it in my own way!) that similar to right or left hand as we develop in childhood we gain a preference of one over the other perhaps as a need to function or even survive in that environment.

This interesting, how nature vs nurture affect the MBTI personalities. When I feel stressed at work I act my shadow side ESTP.

While you’re at it, perhaps you should take this opportunity and give a lecture about the rules to other users as well. :)
That was a public lecture regarding the rules and mutual respect amongst members.
Thank you for validating my point.

Wow lucky you to have both your parents as NF! Did you grew up feeling understood and as a full member of the group? How did you feel in school?

As for me I was surrounded by sensing types and also extroverts which obviously made be feel alien. My mother secretly thinks I was planted in her by aliens.

It’s a quite common trait for INFJs to feel alienated and alone but if you’re blessed with another INFJ family member who are able to understand and support your development then maybe you won’t feel alienated?
I felt very much part of the group at home. My mother was an artist and my dad an advertising man so both had creative perspectives which they encouraged in us. I was a complete alien at school which I hated until I was about 15. I was unpopular and bullied at junior school, but very good academically as I got older and created a niche for myself that way - had a circle of school friends with similar academic and leisue perspectives in my later teens. I think just as important as the NF home environment is that we were all introverts, except perhaps one of my brothers - so there was no domestic social dislocation. It was a bit of a cocoon though that maybe meant I had a greater hill to climb adjusting to the great outside world. There were considerable differences within our family too - I and my middle brother went for maths and science at uni, which is very different from my parents who like I said were more on the arts creativity side.

giphy.gif

1. How many of you look physically different from the rest of your immediate family and/ or people in your close environment?
    I look like my family. There is a noticeable resemblance.
  2. How many of you grew up in a loving functional family
    Loving and functional. Communication about feeling was not great though. Raised by ISTJ Mom and ISTP Dad.

3. How many of you have at least one traumatic relationship with a family member of yours?
    My mother has control issues and my father emotionally checks out at times.

4. How many of you experience sleep paralysis?
    I'm not sure I've experience paralysis but I have woken up suddenly and I think I'm still in the dream and for mere seconds afterward see what i was dreaming about in my surroundings.

The destiny of an INFJ...
To become the greatest psychic potato in the universe.