The predetermined destiny of an INFJ | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The predetermined destiny of an INFJ

real talk, @Xanadu I feel like you came off to strong at Asa
Defending friends is a noble thing which I think is respectful. I’m sura Asa can speak for herself though. I was trying to clarify but I wouldn’t butcher your message and take it out of its context so it loses its meaning. What the point of that?

Defending friends is a noble thing which I think is respectful. I’m sura Asa can speak for herself though. I was trying to clarify but I wouldn’t butcher your message and take it out of its context so it loses its meaning. What the point of that?
She didn't ask me to speak for her.

Many times I’ve heard from Sensing types that N types aren’t able to respond to a question without first having their own picture completely drawn first. This thread and forum proves them to be right. I’ve tried to start discussions and share experiences here but this is an introvert forum so I guess it takes awhile.

Grimm would you please elaborate on the mouse analogy or do you prefer to be passive aggressive?
I think you don’t read and understood the questions but instead overanalysing possible hidden meanings behind those questions.
To clarify there are no hidden meanings!
Okay, @Xanadu this thread is appearing to go no where but a downward sprial of you baiting and attacking.

Though I'm sure you find the topic quite important, other posters are simply asking for clarification as to why your opening post and title is a determinant of being an INFJ.
I agree with @Asa ,
@Xanadu - I'm asking you to clarify!

Do you want to know how many people on the forum share your traits/experiences regardless of their/your type? (If so, why is the thread named "The predetermined destiny of an INFJ"?)

Do you want to know how many INFJ's (specifically) share your traits/experiences?
Simple clarification of your perspective, minus the defensiveness, would be helpful to others that would like to engage in your discussion. After all it is words on the screen and others derive inference from the tone of said words.

The forum is not a place to create a thread and banter out of bordem. Please refer to the Rules of the Forum going forward. Give respect where it's due, please.

Statistics alleges that INFJ is a rare personality type yet I’m very blessed to have found two INFJ friends irl :)

What I’ve discovered thru our friendship is that not only do we share the same personality traits but our life conditions and experiences are also shockingly similar.
  1. How many of you look physically different from the rest of your immediate family and/ or people in your close environment?

2. How many of you grew up in a loving functional family?

3. How many of you have at least one traumatic relationship with a family member of yours?
  4. How many of you experience sleep paralysis?

I read somewhere that people that have been in tense situations in their formative years can become more intuitive. I am reading a book now that proposes (or at least I have understood it in my own way!) that similar to right or left hand as we develop in childhood we gain a preference of one over the other perhaps as a need to function or even survive in that environment.

1. I am the black sheep in my family and was always made fun of from my siblings that I was adopted, the differences were that great. I sort of put a lot of faith in the fact that maybe I was :)
2. Sort of loving, at times (in a really weird way), but dysfunctional most of the time.
3. Yes.
4. No sleep paralysis ever to my knowledge.

How many of you look physically different from the rest of your immediate family and/ or people in your close environment?

My brothers and I all look alike. You can tell its the same family

How many of you grew up in a loving functional family?

Loving, yes. Functional... NO.

How many of you have at least one traumatic relationship with a family member of yours?

Dad.

How many of you experience sleep paralysis?

I've experienced it a few times. Not regularly, though.

Statistics alleges that INFJ is a rare personality type yet I’m very blessed to have found two INFJ friends irl :)

What I’ve discovered thru our friendship is that not only do we share the same personality traits but our life conditions and experiences are also shockingly similar.
  1. How many of you look physically different from the rest of your immediate family and/ or people in your close environment?

2. How many of you grew up in a loving functional family?

3. How many of you have at least one traumatic relationship with a family member of yours?
  4. How many of you experience sleep paralysis?
I too have discovered, mainly in the Forum here, that I have similar personality traits to other INFJs. It's encouraging as confirmation that MBTI is actually distinguishing real differences between groups of people. There are still very wide differences between personalities within a category such as INFJ though - you can see this by looking at INFJ folks' Enneagram types which range primarily through 1,2,4,5,6,9. As far as your questions are concerned:
  1. When I'm with my two brothers, people recognise our relationship immediately. We have grown more alike as we got older - we are all in our 60s. We look more like our paternal grandfather than our mum and dad. One of my brothers is ISTJ, the other probably one of the NFs
  2. My family was very loving and functional. My mum was INFJ, and I'm pretty sure my dad was INFP. Both my folks actually encouraged NF behaviour - the main problem was a kind of dislocation from the rather ST oriented external world around us. They were also very supportive of my ISTJ brother, which is where there might have been problems. He's 8/9 years younger than me and my other brother so got spoiled rotten lol.
  3. No traumatic relationships in terms of discord. The main problems I have had is acting as carer for family members suffering from mental illness - one a blood relative, the other not.
  4. I don't suffer from sleep paralysis, and have only experienced it once or twice.
I'm certainly curious as to why you raised these particular questions - are these things that matter a lot to you and your two friends?

Okay, @Xanadu this thread is appearing to go no where but a downward sprial of you baiting and attacking.

Though I'm sure you find the topic quite important, other posters are simply asking for clarification as to why your opening post and title is a determinant of being an INFJ.
I agree with @Asa ,

Simple clarification of your perspective, minus the defensiveness, would be helpful to others that would like to engage in your discussion. After all it is words on the screen and others derive inference from the tone of said words.

The forum is not a place to create a thread and banter out of bordem. Please refer to the Rules of the Forum going forward. Give respect where it's due, please.

Evidently this thread carried on anyways without further clarification. If you read my previous replies I actually did clarify.

While you’re at it, perhaps you should take this opportunity and give a lecture about the rules to other users as well. :)

Evidently this thread carried on anyways without further clarification. If you read my previous replies I actually did clarify.

While you’re at it, perhaps you should take this opportunity and give a lecture about the rules to other users as well. :)

sure, I dont mind dictating like a plebefant

View attachment 59817
Hold up, buddy.

You're being a bit passive aggressive, there, and it's uncalled for - carry on with your thread.

I too have discovered, mainly in the Forum here, that I have similar personality traits to other INFJs. It's encouraging as confirmation that MBTI is actually distinguishing real differences between groups of people. There are still very wide differences between personalities within a category such as INFJ though - you can see this by looking at INFJ folks' Enneagram types which range primarily through 1,2,4,5,6,9. As far as your questions are concerned:
  1. When I'm with my two brothers, people recognise our relationship immediately. We have grown more alike as we got older - we are all in our 60s. We look more like our paternal grandfather than our mum and dad. One of my brothers is ISTJ, the other probably one of the NFs
  2. My family was very loving and functional. My mum was INFJ, and I'm pretty sure my dad was INFP. Both my folks actually encouraged NF behaviour - the main problem was a kind of dislocation from the rather ST oriented external world around us. They were also very supportive of my ISTJ brother, which is where there might have been problems. He's 8/9 years younger than me and my other brother so got spoiled rotten lol.
  3. No traumatic relationships in terms of discord. The main problems I have had is acting as carer for family members suffering from mental illness - one a blood relative, the other not.
  4. I don't suffer from sleep paralysis, and have only experienced it once or twice.
I'm certainly curious as to why you raised these particular questions - are these things that matter a lot to you and your two friends?

Wow lucky you to have both your parents as NF! Did you grew up feeling understood and as a full member of the group? How did you feel in school?

As for me I was surrounded by sensing types and also extroverts which obviously made be feel alien. My mother secretly thinks I was planted in her by aliens.

It’s a quite common trait for INFJs to feel alienated and alone but if you’re blessed with another INFJ family member who are able to understand and support your development then maybe you won’t feel alienated?