The Perfect Way to Quit Your Job | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The Perfect Way to Quit Your Job

YAAAY! I love that poster!

That is so ridiculous. Why is no one answering my question, and why has this turned into another pointless "the US sucks" thread?

I really hate this kind of behavior, and what's more, I don't think you are being very logical at all.

You break a law, you get arrested (in most cases). That is how laws work, people. Evidently, it is illegal to open emergency exits on planes and walk around the runway with a beer. My sympathies are actually with the flight attendant in this case, and I think if he was arrested the passenger should've been too, but the flight attendant probably was aware of the laws and probably will not be prosecuted to the fullest extent of them.

So, this is proof of the US's tyrannical abuse of freedom because.... (?) We have laws? Hell, in other countries, the flight attendant probably would've been beheaded.

I didn't mean to, but when someone says "wouldn't happen in the US. Edit: oh wait it did" it's just too tempting an opportunity to miss.

No it wouldn't be any different in the UK or Canada.

I don't mean to cause any waves, but I'm curious. How does one quantitatively rank abstract stuff like democracy and freedom of the press?

Janet: I don't know why the passenger wasn't arrested. Maybe he was at a later date. The article seemed to focus more on the flight attendant. Still, I don't think standing up and whacking someone with a suitcase can get you arrested. It's in terribly bad form, but I don't think it breaks any laws.

And I hate you all. Especially Shai, who claims to be logical and scientific but is really just mean.

Jesus, I make a joke and you guys act as though I've just punched your grandmother in the face.

Jesus, I make a joke and you guys act as though I've just punched your grandmother in the face.
//huggles
Yeah, both of us are use to more offensiveness-lax/less-sensitive forums.

But I really was just curious. I'm not mad or offended at all. :(

Oh, okay then.

Well to answer your question, the pic was supposed to be comical. It is abstract and you can't really quantify it. But the US can't really claim to be #1 (like it enjoys doing) for the same reasons.

Anyway, this isn't a US vs the world thread. In fact that guy is American and had the balls to walk out of the plane.

And I hate you all. Especially Shai, who claims to be logical and scientific but is really just mean.

No, that was really Chaz. They've switched back now.

By the way, I don't think it's meant to be offensive. It's just meant to knock us down a peg in a humorous way. I think Chaz lives in Canada, and gets tired of the U.S. flaunting superiority in ways that aren't qualified.

We may not be able to brag about our unique freedoms. However, we can brag about how strong our military is, as we have the strongest military in the world.

Perhaps we'd be better off claiming to be the most powerful nation. It doesn't matter how free other countries are if we can just march in and take their freedom away, now does it?

By the way, I don't think it's meant to be offensive. It's just meant to knock us down a peg in a humorous way. I think Chaz lives in Canada, and gets tired of the U.S. flaunting superiority in ways that aren't qualified.

We may not be able to brag about our unique freedoms. However, we can brag about how strong our military is, as we have the strongest military in the world.

Perhaps we'd be better off claiming to be the most powerful nation. It doesn't matter how free other countries are if we can just march in and take their freedom away, now does it?

No, he's from the UK. I know this because I used to think the exact same thing. :D

I guess the US could brag about its military, but bragging's so tacky. I mean, a little pride is good, but nationalism is ridiculous. Still, you make a good point about freedom.

Also, more related to the post at hand: http://www.cracked.com/article/18362_the-7-ballsiest-ways-anyone-ever-quit-their-job/

Except the greatest military in the world couldn't stop Canada from invading and burning down your capital... twice.

Anyway I'm actually English, and yeah, it was all meant in jest.

"After making his dramatic exit, he then walked to his car and drove away."

LOL. now that's a role model!

HAHAHAH yeah man should do that next time

I love this story! I can't really see any harm in what he did, so I really hope he doesn't get in too much trouble.

I love this story! I can't really see any harm in what he did, so I really hope he doesn't get in too much trouble.
Yeah, if they charge him with anything more than mischief I'd be pissed. You know they're will be all these people screaming that he's hurting society though.

Nobody is "screaming that he hurt society". I'm not, anyway. I hope he doesn't get in too much trouble either, but he did break laws.

I don't know if this is in reference to other posts I've made -- I suppose perhaps it could be referring to some of the legalize all drugs thread that I've questioned... and that has to do with actual irrevocable physical harm that happened to me. Not society. Is that what you meant?

Nobody is "screaming that he hurt society". I'm not, anyway. I hope he doesn't get in too much trouble either, but he did break laws.

I don't know if this is in reference to other posts I've made -- I suppose perhaps it could be referring to some of the legalize all drugs thread that I've questioned... and that has to do with actual irrevocable physical harm that happened to me. Not society. Is that what you meant?
I wasn't talking about you in even the slightest sense.

Except the greatest military in the world couldn't stop Canada from invading and burning down your capital... twice.

Anyway I'm actually English, and yeah, it was all meant in jest.

You're an Englishman? Strange, your writing seems no different than that of a typical Canadian or American. Nothing you've written that I can remember would seem terribly out of place here.

Anyway... we've only had the greatest military in the world since World War II, which decimated the militaries of Europe, and turned the US into a military machine. The British Empire also started to fall apart around that time. Prior to that time, we were much weaker than the British, and if they'd persisted in their war against us into the 19th Century rather than relenting when they did... they would have prevailed eventually. They basically gave us our freedom because they were tired of war, and probably tired of taking responsibility for our defense.

It's too bad this is off topic, or I'd have more to say.

Last edited:
You're an Englishman? Strange, your writing seems no different than that of a typical Canadian or American. Nothing you've written that I can remember would seem terribly out of place here.

Why would anything I've written seem out of place? Our cultures aren't exactly then different.

Yeah, if they charge him with anything more than mischief I'd be pissed. You know they're will be all these people screaming that he's hurting society though.

Why would anything I've written seem out of place? Our cultures aren't exactly then different.

Actually, British English is different from American English.

In America, "pissed" means angry. In Britain, it means intoxicated. That would change the meaning of her sentence quite a bit.

I've also heard that "mad" only means "insane" in Britain, while here it can also mean angry.

Last edited:
Actually, British English is different from American English.

In America, "pissed" means angry. In Britain, it means intoxicated. That would change the meaning of her sentence quite a bit.

I've also heard that "mad" only means "insane" in Britain, while here it can also mean angry.

You heard very wrong. Pissed means intoxicated and mad. Mad means angry as well as the way I just used it.

Also Dove could've had a whole different meaning for all you know, as she'd be using Canadian English, which differs from American English. You also have Australian English aswell.

Still, why would anything I'd say seem out of place? You realise I've always put the "u" in colour right? Although funnily enough, so do Canadians.