The New Normal | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

The New Normal

Covid-19 is that child who has no problem yelling out that the Emperor has no clothes on.

I can only hope that those who have seen our failings controlling this virus at this writing will continue to see and call out those who may work to hide the realities that may harm society in the long run. Perhaps a new morality may set in.

Biology is self explanatory i think. It just is.

I just wanted to chime in here with some, I think, interesting info(related to the race~biology portion of this discussion). Has anyone seen this story from a while back? I remember reading this back in 2010; a non-albino Caucasian baby was born to two Nigerian parents: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-baby-shocks-black-parents-medically-possible/

Although I found it very interesting, for some reason, it didn't surprise me. With the magnitude of genetic variation in the African continent, this is bound to happen from time to time.

Reactions: mintoots
What will the New Normal look like once we have a vaccine to help ward off COVID-19 and hopefully be able to keep up with mutations of it?

In response to the topic, I'd like to speculate, briefly:
  • Non-US countries - I think a lot of them will be fine. Many of them handled the pandemic far better than the U.S.A. Imo, it's business as usual for many places.
  • In the US - I think there is bound to be an uprising of anti-vaxxer factions, along with Neo-fascists and fanatics, who will grow more and more aggressive and violent in response to problems handling viruses, technology, and new social-economic changes in the coming years. I think America is headed for a violent uprising and a social breakdown.
  • Worldwide - (I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but maybe a little paranoid), I do fear a possible near-future of countries using bio-chemical weaponry as part of their strategy to dominate or in retaliation to real/perceived threats, which is terrifying.

Reactions: Wyote
I just wanted to chime in here with some, I think, interesting info(related to the race~biology portion of this discussion). Has anyone seen this story from a while back? I remember reading this back in 2010; a non-albino Caucasian baby was born to two Nigerian parents: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-baby-shocks-black-parents-medically-possible/

Although I found it very interesting, for some reason, it didn't surprise me. With the magnitude of genetic variation in the African continent, this is bound to happen from time to time.
Woaaah. That's cool. Reminds me of this woman.

New normal is just old normal for me.

I've completely ignored covid and associated behaviours since it started.

I've always been cautious not to visit my elderly relatives or acquaintances if I had any colds whatsoever, so there has been no change there either.

The only thing covid seems to have changed a little, is that the filthy unhygienic fuckers might have a 20% greater chance of washing their hands on the way out of the shitter.

Reactions: Ulla Lulla
New normal is just old normal for me.

I've completely ignored covid and associated behaviours since it started.

I've always been cautious not to visit my elderly relatives or acquaintances if I had any colds whatsoever, so there has been no change there either.

The only thing covid seems to have changed a little, is that the filthy unhygienic fuckers might have a 20% greater chance of washing their hands on the way out of the shitter.
You're more optimistic than I am. :laughing:

Reactions: Jexocuha and Wyote