The New Normal | INFJ Forum

The New Normal

I'm hoping the world will have woken up to the fact that we got off relatively easy but that we need to be prepared with systems in place for health, school, work, the food chain ... etc. They need to understand another pandemic WILL come, and may come sooner than they can fathom.

• No more PPE shortages. Build up the materials needed to fight 3 months into a major pandemic with the ability to create more as needed
  • Those in charge need to have the knowledge to call upon domestic companies to change production from their regular production to materials that are needed to fight the war against whatever it is.
  • Speaking of those in charge: no more science deniers. No more idiots. (This may be a dream that never comes to fruition.)
  • Ability to have companies and schools transition to work from home in 2 days turn around, practice runs for schools recommended. Many schools who have the ability may even choose to have students work from home every other day. As a bonus, they could save on the need to expand classrooms to fit the population this way. There are challenges here with the kids, of course. How do you get them quiet areas to study with internet access? Not every child has that.
  • Face masks. They're not just for the Japanese. They make sense in the seasons where we spread flu germs. Hopefully they become common.

Last edited:
I don't know :(

Updated standards in space requirements for architecture-- greater distance requirements, i.e. movie houses one seat apart and redesigned busses. Population density will really be a bigger problem now. It's as if humanity is being forced physically apart.

This bus design will have to be translated to architecture. Disinfection facilities will be required especially for high risk structures like airports and train stations.

I don't know :(

Updated standards in space requirements for architecture-- greater distance requirements, i.e. movie houses one seat apart and redesigned busses. Population density will really be a bigger problem now. It's as if humanity is being forced physically apart.

This bus design will have to be translated to architecture. Disinfection facilities will be required especially for high risk structures like airports and train stations.
Good ones. Building codes will need to change to suit the health department's criteria. DOTs will need to issue new standards for public transit safety, particularly when faced with another pandemic.

I also think more washing facilities will be popping up. Perhaps the entryway to every restaurant will now have a sink patrons must use before entering.

Good ones. Building codes will need to change to suit the health department's criteria. DOTs will need to issue new standards for public transit safety, particularly when faced with another pandemic.

I also think more washing facilities will be popping up. Perhaps the entryway to every restaurant will now have a sink patrons must use before entering.
Yeah. Same. Schools will be better designed like mini cities so that in case of an outbreak, it can also be used as a quarantine facility. Schools are the first institutions we use during disasters. There's so much to rethink.

Huge problem we're faced with are over crowded, run down apartment buildings. No one should be living in those conditions to start with. The government must step in and force property owners to fix all issues. We saw too many families harmed simply by trying to live in their homes. If the problems can't be resolved, put up FEMA camps (mobile homes), take the land, rip down the buildings and rebuild properly. Then move these families back in, no raise to rent.

The United States operates according to the interests of the wealthy and always has.

Yes. A change of heart has to come eventually or we will kill ourselves off.

More likely the AI would replace the upper class and move the rich bastards down to immigrant level with no rights.
Well, it would if I coded it. (Oops, back in that dream world)
I have a lot of admiration for immigrants.

AI when finally introduced properly could help with the face to face transactions.

I see this virus impacting how we eat in the long term. Vegetarian and Vegan lifestyles are easier to maintain. IMHO the food leaves us feeling healthier too. (I am not a either at the moment, but can see myself transitioning)

Huge problem we're faced with are over crowded, run down apartment buildings. No one should be living in those conditions to start with. The government must step in and force property owners to fix all issues. We saw too many families harmed simply by trying to live in their homes. If the problems can't be resolved, put up FEMA camps (mobile homes), take the land, rip down the buildings and rebuild properly. Then move these families back in, no raise to rent.

Yes. A change of heart has to come eventually or we will kill ourselves off.
oh man, informal settlements are like disease bombs. The weird thing is that many of its residents are asymptomatic--- at least for COVID 19. Go immune system yay!
AdobeStock_134898914_1.jpg