The list of Grievences | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

The list of Grievences

Adding another one:

Sometimes too emotionally stunted to make friends in real life, and expect others to make the first move.

Guilty, guilty, guilty.

......I have no words. Been there, done that.

Oh.

Tend to emotionally backing themselves up to the metaphorical wall before exploding.
Emotional detachment.
'faking it'
Being too random or confusing
caught using random words people might have no idea (like..say, Tropes. Or any specific terms)
Holier, Righter, Juster than thou.
Can be VERY stubborn.

Ability to make other's feel comfortable around you and close to you, without being able to feel comfortable expressing oneself to those others who feel close to you, and feel completely comfortable around you.

This is just a particular manifestation of an inability to trust, combined with a strong capacity and desire to be trusted.

Reactions: Ria
Uhm, but we seem to be so overly aware of our flaws in this thread. I did use the word Unending. I think we are overcompensating try to avoid missing our flaws but posting this deluge.
I'd make a post positives thread but we're not the type to boast openly.

I know just the way to fix the boasting tendency. :)
If you don't make the thread, I will :p

-----------------------

I'm adding tendency to be uptight... Chillax... geez

Also the automatic mistrust sometimes hurts my ego. Stop it.

I find most of the other things listed are easily tolerated.

The ones I struggle with the most these days are hypersensitivity and inability to accept criticism. I've been a lot of things on this list, have worked through some of them and have learned to accept others. Still working, though...

• Not being motivated enough
  • Thinking we're always right
  • Seeing fault in everything
  • Thinking outside our domain
  • Too mysterious for some people
  • Way too sensitive
  • Stubborn to a fault

I know just the way to fix the boasting tendency. :)
If you don't make the thread, I will :p

Sad that there are so few responses so far! We do need to recognize our strenghts as well as our faults. :) I'll post in it tomorrow... too tired now...

......I have no words. Been there, done that.

Oh.

Tend to emotionally backing themselves up to the metaphorical wall before exploding.
Emotional detachment.
'faking it'
Being too random or confusing
caught using random words people might have no idea (like..say, Tropes. Or any specific terms)
Holier, Righter, Juster than thou.
Can be VERY stubborn.

Good ones, especially those highlighted. But i don't feel too bad about faking it since most of the people i meet are just as fake or even more so. If you try to be honest or real, they look at you weird like "what's your problem." So, after a while of getting that kind of response, you just play along like everything is "whatever." And emotional detachment is sometimes just a defense mechanism because people don't want to just leave you the heck alone, and don't seem to get "it." When someone is not in the mood, they're just not in the mood - don't keep pushing! just sayin' :m052:

Mine are:

Conspiracy theorist tendencies

Too much criticism I give that i can take, but others don't understand it's not personal.

Perfectionistic (tries so hard I exhaust myself. Had to give up design because projects are constant work and constant improvement required between every class period).

Tends to avoid people because socially uncomfortable even though I can make conversation.

Occasionally have behavior interpreted as arrogant/condescending (but remember, most of this comes from my ESTJ Dad).

Emotional detachment when needed.

Hypersensitivity both emotionally and physically. I get overstimulated way too easily and it hurts or makes me uncomfortable. (loud noise, sad friend)

Easily emotionally manipulated. Not good in some situations.

Convoluted thought process; convoluted self. Thank god for INTP's in this case.

Well, it's hard to say. MBTI types aren't the end-all to a personality. Most of these grievances I've heard can apply to almost any type given various upbringings. An INFJ raised a certain way can be either very well adjusted or a complete nightmare to be around.

My own personal list?

I can tend to be mistrusting of others... of the "Fool me once, etc. etc. etc." mindset.

My other flaw is that I internalize that mistrust instead of stating it outright.

Another is that if or when I explode at someone, it's harsh... I mean really harsh. I mean, you can practically see Satan sitting on my shoulder putting the words in my mouth - harsh. All that Ni comes pouring out verbally and everything a person has seen, done thought or said gets slammed back at them.

I tend not to give verbal or nonverbal clues to what I'm thinking when I'm upset. My wife gets pissed off at me to no end for this one!

When the stress starts to build up because of an outside issue/person, I start playing my life like a game of chess. I plan everything 5 moves in advance internally and when the time comes, I skip the formalities and just go straight to the point. People usually say I "blind sided" them.

Plenty more I'm sure, just ask my wife!

And from someone's mockery of him we get two memes, one of which can work without being an inside joke:

"but but its not only only". I love that, its a good way to whine about being caught in having no reason for doing something.
For example, saying something is a good idea while someone proves that its an awful idea, then you realize you haven't got a leg to stand on so you just whimper and say "but but it's not only only".

I feel quite dumb but I really
just do not understand this.