The Last Air Bender | INFJ Forum

The Last Air Bender

VH

Variable Hybrid
Feb 12, 2009
MBTI
NFJedi
A lot of fans of the Avatar animated series were upset when they found out that the Avatar movie had nothing to do with Aang, and were even more upset to find out that M. Night Shyamalan was directing this film.

the_last_airbender.jpg

For all of you, I offer hope...

http://www.thelastairbendermovie.com/

It looks like it might actually be good.

A lot of fans of the Avatar animated series were upset when they found out that the Avatar movie had nothing to do with Aang, and were even more upset to find out that M. Night Shyamalan was directing this film.

the_last_airbender.jpg

For all of you, I offer hope...

http://www.thelastairbendermovie.com/

It looks like it might actually be good.

I hope so. I'm so worried M Night will crush the story and make me hate him even more. I've not liked many of his movies.

It looks ok, I should have started this thread so long ago. Thanks Von I owe you something awesome of your choosing.

Super bowl spot / teaser trailer

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeTzlC6mN4E"]YouTube- The Last Airbender Super Bowl Spot "Trailer" HD[/ame]

my friends freaking happy now. Hes been waiting for this for ages

my friends freaking happy now. Hes been waiting for this for ages

Nothing compares to the wait for season 3. 8 months of not knowing how the series was going to go and everything had gone to shit.

Plot;

Water. Earth. Fire. Air. In the old days, there was peace between the four nations of the world. The Avatar -- Master of all four elements -- kept peace between the the Water Tribes, the Earth Kingdom, the Fire Nation, and the Air Nomads. Only the Avatar has the ability to Bend (manipulate) all four elements, but one day, he Vanished. Then the Fire Nation attacked, forcing a war on the other three nations for one hundred years. Now, for the good of the world, it's up to 12-year-old Aang (Noah Ringer), the new Avatar, and the last of the Air Nomads (Airbenders), to return peace and balance by putting an end to the war and mastering all four elements. Aang must accept his destiny by stopping the Fire Nation's war and defeating the Fire Lord for good.

For an anime, yes, but for a movie? :m075:

Plot;

Water. Earth. Fire. Air. In the old days, there was peace between the four nations of the world. The Avatar -- Master of all four elements -- kept peace between the the Water Tribes, the Earth Kingdom, the Fire Nation, and the Air Nomads. Only the Avatar has the ability to Bend (manipulate) all four elements, but one day, he Vanished. Then the Fire Nation attacked, forcing a war on the other three nations for one hundred years. Now, for the good of the world, it's up to 12-year-old Aang (Noah Ringer), the new Avatar, and the last of the Air Nomads (Airbenders), to return peace and balance by putting an end to the war and mastering all four elements. Aang must accept his destiny by stopping the Fire Nation's war and defeating the Fire Lord for good.

For an anime, yes, but for a movie? :m075:
Watch the series first if you haven't already.

Been looking forward to this for quite some time now. It has already pissed off fans of the animated series, but honestly they all seem like whiny twits to me. So what if they're not all asian, this movie looks awesome.

Dragonball the live action movie raped my childhood.

Could this be considerably different?

I believe it will be. M Night is a brilliant director. Wong is a retard.

Edit: I am unsure about some of the acting though. It could be fixed by the second movie, which I believe they have every intention of making.

Last edited:
Been looking forward to this for quite some time now. It has already pissed off fans of the animated series, but honestly they all seem like whiny twits to me. So what if they're not all asian, this movie looks awesome.

Yes us whiny fans are such little babies. cough :m051:

As a long time fan. I think a lot of the fan criticisms are heavily warranted and show that M night is playing with a great hand (the story). He just has to get out of the way and the let the movie rely on the story not his "skills".

It better, or I will do unspeakable things to M Night.

I believe it will be. M Night is a brilliant director. Wong is a retard.

Edit: I am unsure about some of the acting though. It could be fixed by the second movie, which I believe they have every intention of making.

M night sucks as a directer and if he can get his ego out of the way for The Last Air bender films then I will hate him a little less.

There should be 3 one for each book / season. As long as things go the right way.

I'm going to see it because I'm a fan and well it might bring other new fans into the show.

If anyone wants to watch this movie, watch the show first. You need to see what show looked like and see the real thing.

New longer trailer

[youtube]SxbHooiZRGE[/youtube]

Last edited:
Reactions: Bored Now

Yes, after seeing DBE, I was scarred for life. :m142:
Its put me off watching live action movies based on manga's or animes.

I'm worried for this film to say the least. Some parts look epic some not so much.

I need more then just couple of trailers.

I'm worried for this film to say the least. Some parts look epic some not so much.

I need more then just couple of trailers.

I have to agree! We only hope it turns out ok.

I.CAN"T.wait for this movie to come out!
I didn't see DB live action movie, but I have a feeling that Avatar: The Last AirBender wont dissapoint. :m177:

OK so who has actually seen the movie? I saw it the other day.

What are your opinions on all the negative press? Agree? Disagree?

haven't seen it, want to see it, the series is incredible and I am so buying it, want to see the film reckon it won't be as good but i'm hoping, either way the series is still excellent.

I saw it.

SL93L.gif

It was pretty bad. Don't pay for it. If you've seen the show, don't watch it. Same shit done in a poorer manner.

If you haven't seen the show. Watch the show. Do not. DO NOT LET THIS BE YOUR FIRST EXPOSURE TO THE SERIES!

AND I MEAN IT!

Reactions: Blind Bandit
I think a lot of the fan criticisms are heavily warranted and show that M night is playing with a great hand (the story). He just has to get out of the way and the let the movie rely on the story not his "skills".
quoting myself for reference.

its clear M Night (who is and has been a horrible director) didn't think that the story was good enough on its on. He changed too many things. And I only hope they stop making the movies to save whats left of the shows good name.

Fucking M night why don't you crawl in a hole and never make another movie. A fan of the show my ass. You couldn't put your ego aside to make a good movie. The things he changed where fair to often very important plot points.

Some fans summed it up well.

[youtube]KHi1zaN0ooc[/youtube]

Last edited:
In fact, M. Night Shyamalan has earned a place right next to Jeph Loeb on my shit list.