The Last Air Bender | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The Last Air Bender

In fact, M. Night Shyamalan has earned a place right next to Jeph Loeb on my shit list.

He has been on my list for long time. Ever sense the Village. Sadly most people worship the ground he walks on. I think people refuse to actually care if a movie is good or not. As long as it distracts them.

For any fans of the show with the DVD box sets show your friends the show and either point them toward the DVDs or lend them yours. So they can see how truly awesome the show is. I actually thought about buying a new set of DVDs just to rent out to people.

I saw it.

http://i.imgur.com/SL93L.gif

It was pretty bad. Don't pay for it. If you've seen the show, don't watch it. Same shit done in a poorer manner.

If you haven't seen the show. Watch the show. Do not. DO NOT LET THIS BE YOUR FIRST EXPOSURE TO THE SERIES!

AND I MEAN IT!

really?! oh bummer, I was looking forward to it..

but I agree, I highly recommend anyone who's considering to watch the movie, to watch the series first! So you get to appreciate the original work and story line.

Yeaaaaahhhhhh, I'm going to pass on this one.

I never watched Avatar so I didn't want to go see this movie, although my roommate was excited for it. I told him to not get his hopes up because we both knew how the live action movie with Dragonball turned out. So on Thursday he went to go see it with his girlfriend and came back verily disappointed. Since I never watched the Avatar show (is it an anime or a cartoon? Is there a manga for it?) he got his laptop out and showed me pretty much the major plot point episodes and told me exactly how the movie destroyed the series.

Although good news for me is I've now started to watch Avatar. Its aimed at kids but I still like it. That's actually another point my roommate brought up. It's a Kid's show, but not a kid's movie.

Havn't seen the movie or the series but with ratings like this on IMDB;

Movie - 4.4

Series - 9.2

Proves my point even further. I have not seen a good film adaption to date, based off any manga, anime series or video game.

Although good news for me is I've now started to watch Avatar. Its aimed at kids but I still like it. That's actually another point my roommate brought up. It's a Kid's show, but not a kid's movie.
It's not anyone's movie.

Movie - 4.4

Series - 9.2

Proves my point even further. I have not seen a good film adaption to date, based off any manga, anime series or video game.
Wow, it got a four.

I'm surprised.

Also Avatar the Last Airbender was written by Americans, and is animated by some studio in Korea.

I don't even know if Japan ever even enters the picture.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daeledin
Wow, it got a four.

I'm surprised.

Also Avatar the Last Airbender was written by Americans, and is animated by some studio in Korea.

I don't even know if Japan ever even enters the picture.

Sorry, I should of said animation.
Anime is the japanese term for it.

But yeah, I haven't seen a good movie adaption of an animation series either.

Heres the sad thing, it got a lower star rating than Twilight Eclipse.

Last edited:
Yeah and I heard that movie actually killed a man.

Metacritic hates TLAB (Rating: 20%)
Rotten Tomatoes hates it even worse. (Rating: 8%)

The general critical consensus is "OH THE HORROR!". It's too bad, the animated series was really good.

I thought it was very good.

Well I guess you have horrible taste.

Burn!

Reactions: Blind Bandit
I can't help but wonder if this movie earned it's bad wrap because of what it's trying to live up to... :m192: That seems to be the death of any good movie these days...

Anyway, to those of you that have seen it, does the movie actually end, or does it leave off with a cliff hanger? I'll end up seeing it regardless (for free, friends are forcing me out of my books to see it...), but I want to know if it tries to rush through all three seasons of the show or end with a stupid cliffhanger :m100:.

Series = Amazing, top to bottom.

Movie = Not well done at all. If I were ten years old and had never seen the series, the movie might have loved it. Unfortunately, I'm neither of those things, and this movie was very poorly directed, poorly acted, and very poorly written. The special effects were pretty good, but they came from ILM, so that can't be blamed on the director.

I had a feeling it was going to be this way a few days before the movie came out. This is one of those moments where I was unhappy to be right.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
It's cliffhanger.

And people who haven't seen the show think it's horrible more then people who have. At the very least people who've seen the show have a deeper understand of what it's trying to do. Going into this without seeing the show is the equivalent of...

Give me a second.

It's like going into the climax of a Final Fantasy game, not the final boss fight, I mean being in the middle of a final fantasy game, that part that has all the plot twist and shit, and being expected to understand wth is going on.

It's cliffhanger.

And people who haven't seen the show think it's horrible more then people who have. At the very least people who've seen the show have a deeper understand of what it's trying to do. Going into this without seeing the show is the equivalent of...

Give me a second.

It's like going into the climax of a Final Fantasy game, not the final boss fight, I mean being in the middle of a final fantasy game, that part that has all the plot twist and shit, and being expected to understand wth is going on.

Well, maybe the cliffhanger will yield a sequel and the second movie *doesn't hold breath* will be better than the first... kind of like how the Twilight Saga apparently went...

However, it'll probably turn out to be like most every other sequel and turn out to be worse than the original... Unless they dump what's his face, the guy who thinks he can sit behind a camera and have his audience take him seriously anymore (I think dumping the director helped some of those other franchise movies, though, so it might work!).

Who knows, maybe it'll turn out like Eragon and drop the series on its butt as things currently stand.

Well, maybe the cliffhanger will yield a sequel and the second movie *doesn't hold breath* will be better than the first... kind of like how the Twilight Saga apparently went...

I hate to admit that the new Twilight movie was actually good, because it means I have to admit that I got tricked into watching the first one (had no idea about the sparkly vampires in little girl romance novels) and got my arm twisted into seeing the second one... which then got me emotionally invested in the series (which I really don't want to admit, hehe)... but the new movie was actually good. There were only two minor scenes of sparkling, the drama built well, took some wonderfully unexpected turns toward moral high ground, and the fight scenes were probably the best I've seen in the vampire/werewolf genre to date.

Who knows, maybe it'll turn out like Eragon and drop the series on its butt as things currently stand.

I'm also cool with this.

This news makes me sad, can we turn this into a favorite ATLAB qoutes thread?

I'll start,
"It's Sparky Sparky Boom Man!!"

This news makes me sad, can we turn this into a favorite ATLAB qoutes thread?

I'll start,
"It's Sparky Sparky Boom Man!!"

Thread jacking already?

"MY CABBAGESSSSSSSS!"