The INFJ Super 'Ti' Support Thread

Mogura

Community Member
Dec 18, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Dunno
Are you one of those INFJs that just don't get "those other touchy-feely, unicorn-loving*" INFJs? Do you roll your eyes when you see descriptions, such as "Mystic", "Psychic", "Counselor", etc. applied to your type? Is your personal motto, "I love humanity... it's just the people I can't stand..."? Are you attracted to science, mathematics, and/or technology? Is logic your religion? Did you test as an INTJ or an INTP, but upon interacting with the INTx crowd, felt that something just wasn't right? Are you a sensitive, yet manly-man kind of male, or a "tomboyish" female (well, at least on the inside)? Do you perceive yourself as icy cold on the outside whilst stoking the hot flames of passion on the inside? Do you consider INFJ career options to be complete and utter poppycock (I mean, come on! Clergy?!?)?

If any or all of the above apply, then you very well could be an INFJ with a well developed Ti function. Your tertiary Ti function may in fact be so well developed that it overrides your auxiliary Fe function. How about that? Now it makes sense, all those people asking, "What's wrong?" or "Why are you so unhappy?" when you are lost in positive, constructive thought ("Nothing's wrong, dammit! It's just that my Ti disengages my Fe!").

If you are indeed an INFJ with a well-developed Ti function, welcome. (Actually all INFJs of varying function use are welcome, as are other types). It ain't easy being the lone blue sheep among the black sheep in terms of personality types. But hey, who said it can't be awesome?

So, what I've done (or am attempting to do) here is carve out a little niche in cyberspace so we Super 'Ti' INFJs can discuss ideas, issues, questions, etc. that are near and dear to us. Also, it gives our Fe-rich brethren a chance to poke and prod us as well.

Do check back often, as we will be raising questions, entertaining discussions on an ongoing basis. You certainly wouldn't want to miss out!

So, Super 'Ti' INFJs, make your presence known! And don't forget to help yourselves to some spicy chai...

*Nothing against unicorns or the INFJs that love them, but wouldn't it be cool to isolate the gene or group of genes that code for the narwhal's horn, and then incorporate it into a horse's genome so that one could grow a real horn?

Last edited:
Hehe yeah I think my Fe function is total crap =(. I think my ENTP friends know how to use it better than I do.

Wasnt there another thread recently that said that if you have an over developed tertiary function then you probably have a mental disorder?

Reactions: middle1
Yeah this is pretty much me, assuming I am an INFJ. I have tried on the NT suit for a while but it really just didn't seem to fit me. I'm not even really all that nice half the time, but I do try to be civil.

I actually have wondered in the past if I might be an INTJ or INTP. I was kind of quick to leave INTJ at the door though because I am just not that much of a mastermind honestly. I am more flit from subject to subject like an INTP but I am pretty sure I am not an INTP either. My husband is a definitive INTP and for the most part he and I think nearly identically but he will split hairs a lot more than I do and doesn't seem to like metaphor as much as I do.

And I get that question all the time. The "what's wrong?" when I am just thinking. In fact I am relatively solemn looking most of the time and I find it really difficult to express excitement over things, even when I am genuinely happy about them. I will smile but it isn't really evident just how excited I really am based on what can be seen from the outside.

Wasnt there another thread recently that said that if you have an over developed tertiary function then you probably have a mental disorder?
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I do.

If any or all of the above apply, then you very well could be an INFJ with a well developed Ti function.

It's actually more often a case of undeveloped Fe or ignored Fe for the most from what I have seen for INFJ's. Not always of course. I just see properly developed Ti as one that works well with Fe, and is able to control and regulate Fe. Further one in which Fe can regulate Ti as well. Each pair of functions needs some sort of balance in order to function. In most cases when an INFJ says they care about humanity but they hate people and social interactions (and further don't get them), I am inclined to think their Fe is squashed improperly or is just undeveloped.

It ain't easy being the lone blue sheep among the black sheep in terms of personality types.

It's actually pretty common from what I have seen.

Also, disregard for psychics, fluffy unicorn stuff, etc. really has little to none to do with with MBTI as well.

Reactions: Saru Inc and rawr
I thought you couldn't be proficient in or prefer using one of your later-on-the-list functions until you were proficient in using your first few...

I know that, say for example, an INFP can't be great at using Te and suck at using Fi or Ne. It all works in tandem...

I thought you couldn't be proficient in or prefer using one of your later-on-the-list functions until you were proficient in using your first few...

I know that, say for example, an INFP can't be great at using Te and suck at using Fi or Ne. It all works in tandem.

This too. The functions can work, but they won't work naturally as they are supposed to.

Lol! Description fits me, more or less, but Indy's right; it's more of an INFJ who is more balanced - not quite about using Ti more, but using Ti to balance your Fe.

We're not INTJs, we're just more balanced INFJs. And all unicorns have acid rainbows flying out their butts. Just ask [MENTION=2495]88chaz88[/MENTION];. He's seen 'em. :D

That Fe has been squished or undeveloped could very well explain the avoidant attitude towards people/humanity in some INFJs, but what about keen interest in scientific subjects? Are all scientist/engineer INFJs dudes (or dudettes) just Fe retards?

That Fe has been squished or undeveloped could very well explain the avoidant attitude towards humanity, but what about keen interest in scientific subjects? Are all scientist/engineer INFJs dudes (or dudettes) just Fe retards?

Nope. I am a chemistry major and I plan on getting a PhD. I love science. I also have quite well developed Fe and am a rather social person.

How does one go about developing an undeveloped Fe?

Observe how people with healthy Fe use it, and then go out to the world and try it yourself.

But what do I know, my Fe sucks big time. I'm one of those Ni-Ti INFJ's that has a mental disorder lol

Last edited:
But...But..But..what's wrong with unicorns????:mcute::mcute:

They are SHINY!!!!! can fly, and live in rainbows :D, which they can shoot out of their horns!!! INTO OUTER SPACE...to create auras!!....:mhula:

Anyways...

I believe this is actually not uncommon. Reason being is that INFJ's have tertiary Ti and secondary Fe, which in turn will make the INFJ seem more like a thinker. They are said to be cold on the outside and warm on the inside.

I am personally an INFP, but I adore science. It sparks my curiosity. I also love researching, I always have that quest for knowledge. Being a feeler does not necessarily mean one can't succeed in this areas.

Wrong. Unicorns are fat and ornery beasts with poor eyesight. The sillier tales of a fictitious animal date only gradually evolved during the middle ages. When the ancients mentioned the unicorn (or monoceros) their descriptions clearly matched that of the rhinoceros (not the more well known African varieties of the White or Black Rhinos, but rarer one horned Asian variety.)

The best thing to do, is as SoT said, is to observe others, then put it to practice. In particular try and work Fe in ways that you find odd or unconfortable. The only way you will be able to become "proficent" is if you learn how to actually use it actively. It shouldn't be hard if you are an INFJ.

This is how I work(ed) on my Se, by putting it to active practice in ways that I am unconfortable with. It's the only way I'll learn, and I have learned a lot and made a lot of progress.

Wrong. Unicorns are fat and ornery beasts with poor eyesight. The sillier tales of a fictitious animal date only gradually evolved during the middle ages. When the ancients mentioned the unicorn (or monoceros) their descriptions clearly matched that of the rhinoceros (not the more well known African varieties of the White or Black Rhinos, but rarer one horned Asian variety.)

I beg your pardon, but I regret that it is in fact you who happen to have been misinformed. I have seen a unicorn, which appeared before me in gentle breezes of whirling sparkle. Its raiment consisted in a pristine, glimmering white coat, and a long flowing mane and tail that seemed one moment palely violet, then red, then orange - or maybe all colours of the rainbow at once. Its horn was almost too bright to look at, and appeared to be formed of a sort of celestial dust, like a nebula cloud in rapid flux. It opened its mouth and in soft musical tones offered me transportation to a more beautiful world which of course I promptly accepted! And as I secured my arms around its neck it leaped onto a cloud from which it kicked off into flight and carried me far far away. Behind the moon, beyond the rain... I am sorry to be the agent of your enlightenment in this matter, but I thought that if I were you, I'd want to know the truth.

Reactions: Bird and dark_angel