The Future of War is Here | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The Future of War is Here

That's horrible. They should use this technology to deliver flowers to difficult to reach locations.
Hehe!
I agree with Helpful Elf.
My feelings are disgusted. All the intelligence that we posses, and all the technology we create with it and we're still killing and making plans for killing.

but i wanna know WHY the Xbox 360 controller?:m102:...

thats what catches my eye the most...:m197:
Because it's a good controller with a well structured and documented USB interface and it's pretty clunky so presumably easier to mod due to extra space?

Because it's a good controller with a well structured and documented USB interface and it's pretty clunky so presumably easier to mod due to extra space?

They prefer to kill creatively.

They might even launch a game later on, based on actual missions.

This makes total sense. The controller is already out there and millions of people are already "trained" on it. Makes for an easy conversion from civilian to soldier.

What scares me about this whole deal is how video-game like the experience will be for soldiers. They look at pixels on a laptop screen, they're holding an Xbox controller. Honestly, what if someone thinks they're actually playing a game? Oops. Besides, we're already desensitized to killing/maiming in video games. I've got bad feelings about this...

Milon-Agreed, it is getting scary. And I also agree with your thinking and personally feel that it's that way on purpose.

The Space Dynamics Laboratory at Utah State University developed the Precision Weapons Platform guided turret and rifle system.

Didn't they already make a movie about something similar to this?

*NOW feels really old.*

I'm pissed off. I'm developing an RC ATV with a .22 rifle system.

Bastards beat me too it.

:/ I already attached a gun to a RC plane. It's nothing new really :/

the idea for the rc all terrain car was for covert assassinations.
the idea for the rc plane was for dropping bugs and emps.

Well, I'm allready in the Infantry trained to kill... doing it with a controller would at least keep my ass from getting shot up.

I think war will move more and more to machines fighting for industrialized countries. In essence, you can create an army that doesn't need to be trained and doesn't have a mind to think about what it is doing. It obeys without question or conscience.