The Future of War is Here | INFJ Forum

The Future of War is Here

*sighs* I am jumbled..

That's horrible. They should use this technology to deliver flowers to difficult to reach locations.

*reads title*

...I don't see any giant robots in this thread.

Now we just have to build the rest of AMEE
(Red Planet)

amee-profile.jpg

I had a scholarship to go to Utah State University which I decided to turn down. It's interesting that such a heavily LDS school would develop such a potent weapon.

I can't wait until the gun rights activists start clamoring about their right to bear arms and how every individual in America should have the right to own one.

I'm pissed off. I'm developing an RC ATV with a .22 rifle system.

Bastards beat me too it.

War used to be fought on a personal level where one could see their enemy face to face, witness the fear and horror on another human beings face and watch another human being die by one's hand. This became the 'horrors of war'.
Now, war is being developed as a remote and virtual business where one only sees 'targets' from afar. One can become detached from the sights and smells of blood and death and rotting bodies.
How much easier is it to kill a person or a group of people when they are but images on a computer monitor?
How much more susceptible is an individual to state propaganda when war is 'dehumanised' and turned into a score of 'kills' which one receives awards and rewards for?
How far a step was it from Xbox war sims to actual war?
Such is our Brave New World.

Skilled video gamers might soon become highly sought-after for purposes of war.

I'd better start practicing.

I'm pissed off. I'm developing an RC ATV with a .22 rifle system.

Bastards beat me too it.

You are an ENTP. Shouldn't you already be working on the EMP generator that would knock them out?

You all are a bit behind the news.

This shit is already in operation.

You are an ENTP. Shouldn't you already be working on the EMP generator that would knock them out?

Or the hacks necessary to take control of them and turn them on the one attacking you?

Precisely this, or are you referring to the less-versatile Predator drones?

Predator has been around forever and a day. I'm not talking about them. Or the Global Hawks, or the Reapers.

Things like the sniper copter and more. If I had links to show you more I would but I have only what I've been told. Hear say and therefore useless to everyone.

Sorry.

*returns to shadowy corners*

It should not be called a sniping system, as that takes away from an art that uses one projectile placed into a target the size of a shirt button and the game is over. Military sniping is not semiautomatic fired multiple rounds from a robotic flying helicopter.

Predator has been around forever and a day. I'm not talking about them. Or the Global Hawks, or the Reapers.

Things like the sniper copter and more. If I had links to show you more I would but I have only what I've been told. Hear say and therefore useless to everyone.

Sorry.

*returns to shadowy corners*

Visit the rumour mill and we'll forgive you.

That's pretty cool. Anything that can help reduce casualties on our end is a good thing in my book. I am not one for romanticizing the aspects of war, as I find that rather pointless and counter-intuitive, since the objectives of war (not just simply killing the enemy, mind you) are much more easily and efficiently achieved when approached from an impersonal mindset.

Last edited:
That's horrible. They should use this technology to deliver flowers to difficult to reach locations.

This brought on an interesting thought for me...
Isn't it weird that so many increases of technology, especially with the Internet, do so much to bring people from all over the world together

but i wanna know WHY the Xbox 360 controller?:m102:...

thats what catches my eye the most...:m197: