That boring feeling | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

That boring feeling

My personal opinion is that if I make it to eighty then I'll probably be that jaded, senile old bastard that everyone on the block avoids and looks at with pity. Why? Because I'm currently a young, jaded, senile bastard.

Relatively ordinary with dreams of the extraordinary

No, other people are boring. All they want to do is drink, party, and have sex. How boring.

No, other people are boring. All they want to do is drink, party, and have sex. How boring.

Yeah... um.... hrmmmm... how boring.

Who cares what other people think. I have never met a person who could comprehend my ridiculous complexities... The day i do
Meet that person I might care if they think I'm "boring" or not... Probably not.

Who cares what other people think. I have never met a person who could comprehend my ridiculous complexities... The day i do
Meet that person I might care if they think I'm "boring" or not... Probably not.

Is there a heavy emphasis on the "ridiculous" part? I'm thinking there is Mario.

Is there a heavy emphasis on the "ridiculous" part? I'm thinking there is Mario.

Surely, nothing about complexity is ever not ridiculous.

Surely, nothing about complexity is ever not ridiculous.

Especially when you are being serious....right??!! I know you have yelled (or growled) "I'm serious" at more than one person...

Especially when you are being serious....right??!! I know you have yelled (or growled) "I'm serious" at more than one person...

I dont think I have ever had to insist that I was being serious before, If I have something like honestly serious to say (which is subjective even to my own value set "I see serious as something that involves me and the other person" not usually something just about me) I usually toss a disclaimer in there and people generally are aware of it by my mood and or demeanor.

But when I say complexity I mean the bizzarre twists, conceptions, memories, hypocrisies, guilts, foresights, etc which are constantly running around in my mind at any time and become filters with which I analyze things and things people say or do, these complexities are often kept rather quiet and in the background when I am BSing with people, but if its someone I am emotionally evolved with communication gets really confusing and convoluted internally and hard to bring across because there are 100 different variations on whatever I am talking about internally being balanced against how I know the people I am talking to will receive the communication, and often times that communication is shit off simply because I dont know someone well enough in a situation to judge how they will take it, so I stop it.

I can be really neurotic with my thoughts, in the way I check them, anaylze them and cross reference them to the rest of everything I know to draw connections, I think this is a thing of consequence as it has made me completely leery of "small talk" with people, I just cant do it well, its too rigid and too formal in a way.

But yes long tangent short,

I never had to growl, possibly because of the fact that when I want to put something out there I am very direct. Then again it could also be the way I am and look, I think being male helps too.

Reactions: Nixie
I think I'm probably boring to many people. I just find pleasure in simple things. :)
Being easily amused is grand.

Reactions: Edith
I don't feel bad about what they think of me, I feel bad that they have to be around me :(

Reactions: Sriracha
I don't feel bad about what they think of me, I feel bad that they have to be around me :(
:( Feelings :( Other people's feelings :( I care so much :(

If you feel bad about being boring then maybe you can try juggling or pole dancing for them.

INFJs who are willing to act like idiots are always the life of the party where I've been!

Yeah, I feel really boring when I am alone a lot. The I hear some people speak about what they do during their day and well, it makes be worthy of being the Dos Equis guy.

*nods and tips bottle* "Steh theursty mah frend."

Reactions: bickelz
Your definition of "boring" seems to be based on their opinions, and not yours. What do you find boring? What stimulates you?
I used to think along those same lines, until I started being more egocentric :p
That might sound bad, but for me, it was actually a good thing. I respect my own opinions, now. What stimulates me is the discussion of ideas, and conversations that involve the use of the imagination. That is what entertains me. It is for the same reason that I like things like books, experimental music, and subjects in school that deeply involve theory.
IMO, people who are loud and rambunctious don't usually have as much to contribute by way of the things mentioned above... so to me, being loud and stuff is pretty boring... in some ways.

urbandictionary: INTJ

Personality type from Myers Briggs. Otherwise known as the Mastermind. INTJ's are emotionless juggernauts that have no respect for you and don't care if you don't like them.

You're an emotionless juggernaut (LOL) and you don't care if I like you or not!

Just so you know, these are my family we're talking about. No friends, not random strangers, not co-workers. Those people I could care less about. Unlike a lot of this country, I know I must be odd for having a close-family that actually does care and keep in touch with one another :p So call me whatever you want for actually caring about how I must make my family feel when they're stuck with me for long periods.