Free Mind

I'm a Dragon! Rawr!
Nov 16, 2010
MBTI
INFJinity
Reactions: TigersGoRAWR
No. *troll face* ;DD

I pwomise... I AM reading it :3

You can probably guess what my answer is going to be...

I've talked to Yahweh, and Yahweh has talked to me. How do I know? Because it cut over the top of everything that was happening at that present moment, but God did not come to me in person physically nor can I think of any event recorded that he has except through Yeshua (Jesus).

John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

This individual could of been talking to anyone, even Satan himself given by the answers that this 'man' was giving to the Atheists questions.

2 Corinthians 11:14

And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

If this man said to me if he were god, I would test him as instructed by his word in the bible.

1 John 4:1
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

2 Corinthians 4:4
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Coincidence? I think not.

Last edited:
Reactions: VH
When God does speak it tends to, ever so simply, change everything.

I don't do much direct talking to God these days...he knows my heart and it's deepest yearnings. I just spend time in his presence, less with my mind and it's constructs, more with my heart and truest self.

Last edited:
I really wish I could believe in God again. Life's been a wasteland since I stopped.

Interesting. So this is either made up, the guy was extremely high or it was actually god.

Assuming it was god, why talk to this guy in person. Why not you or me?

Also notice there is nothing about religion, just the existence of God.

Reactions: not sure
[MENTION=3545]bickelz[/MENTION], are you trying to tell me that perfection only belongs to God. lol. :) You put me in a better mood.

I really wish I could believe in God again. Life's been a wasteland since I stopped.

Life's what you make of it.

“[Faith in What We Don't See]The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It's our handle on what we can't see. The act of faith is what distinguished our ancestors, set them above the crowd.” Hebrews 11:1 MSG

Reactions: not sure
Interesting read. I don't see it as anything more or anything less. It seems to touch on some popular ideas at the moment in that there are other intelligent species out there, but many believe that they are trying to contact us in different ways. Some believe a technological revolution will be upon us soon as Light forces descend on our planet and show us the way to sublime living existence, but I think that overestimates our importance (assuming it is a reality), whereas another believes that existence with such species happens through energy which can be accesses through other parts of the mind than our daily-consciousness, such as through dream-projecting and meditation. Such an approach doesn't depend on our importance as a species, but rather highlights the possibilities life-energy holds. I find it interesting, but I'm not sold either way.

In the end though it really doesn't matter what we believe will happen, like this link points out, because reality will continue to happen. I think there's an interesting mixture of philosophy and fiction in the post, but I disagree that the path to enlightenment is through manipulation. Adaptation sounds like a much more fulfilling path, and more organic because it connects to the simplicity of life around us.

Reactions: Free Mind
That guy has attributed a telos, or purpose to evolution (besides survival) and has personified it.

What is slightly disturbing is that he has implied that he was speaking with his future self - that he is still an atheist because he need only believe in himself.

Self adoration and deification are always very, very disturbing things.

Last night when I made my first post I only briefly read the guy's blog but something just seemed really out of character about it. I'm going to take the time to analyze it alongside scripture and then I'll post an opinion plus an explanation. This is more of a situation you would need to use a good dose of theology for. Unless and this is what I'm thinking, its complete BS and he's taking everyone for a troll joy ride.

God did touch on a few concepts I've read of - outside of religion. Light energy manipulation. That we have the power to create. We are all one and God too. He said he is a "merged" entity.

What I didn't understand is why he didn't talk about why we have to go through suffering? I'm not talking about external forces such as being killed by marauding raiders or tornados. I'm talking about betrayal, abuse, shame, murder, and poverty at the hands of the oppressors. How does that help us along the "technical evolutionary path" he's talking of?
I have read quite a few science fiction books that describe transforming ourselves into data and "living" in the machine.
Wait a minute. Isn't this the reverse of the movie "the matrix"?

I agree with [MENTION=1009]bamf[/MENTION]
I'd rather be one of the adaptive types and live in harmony with the dolphins. So much for me wanting to emulate God. Hahahahahaha.

Interesting article [MENTION=3379]Free Mind[/MENTION]

That guy has attributed a telos, or purpose to evolution (besides survival) and has personified it.

What is slightly disturbing is that he has implied that he was speaking with his future self - that he is still an atheist because he need only believe in himself.

Self adoration and deification are always very, very disturbing things.

I don't think he's personified evolution. If you're uncomfortable with God speaking to you in person and this is the personification you're talking about, then that would be the precise reason that he would never reveal himself to you.

He's also speaking of someone younger than himself, not older.

I'm gonna say... I think this is complete and utter bs.

First, it just seems highly unlikely they'd be able to remember all of this conversation so perfectly. That's my main key.

Second, who's to say this wasn't just a deep conversation with someone on a train, not unlike those we all have here, embellished with "oh hey I'm God" and such? Ideas (ie: "I think God evolved.") being turned into truths "God" said (ie: "[God] evolved.")? I can do that too. I am God and this article is complete and utter bs. Worship me nao.

Interesting read, however. Good points and stuff.

Last night when I made my first post I only briefly read the guy's blog but something just seemed really out of character about it. I'm going to take the time to analyze it alongside scripture and then I'll post an opinion plus an explanation. This is more of a situation you would need to use a good dose of theology for. Unless and this is what I'm thinking, its complete BS and he's taking everyone for a troll joy ride.

I'm interested in reading what you have to say. If you still want to, that is. ^^

I'm interested in reading what you have to say. If you still want to, that is. ^^

Sure, but I have allot of reading to do, but I will do it. Though, the review will be based off what is written in the bible and it will be a Christian perspective of the event (if you don't mind).

Sure, but I have allot of reading to do, but I will do it. Though, the review will be based off what is written in the bible and it will be a Christian perspective of the event (if you don't mind).

I don't mind at all. :p

i love this article. whether it was 'god' or not is COMPLETELY irrelevant. it is what it is. can you use it or not?

im very glad you've exposed this to me [MENTION=3379]Free Mind[/MENTION].