SWINE FLU! | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

SWINE FLU!

From what I understand the reason officials are so afraid now (now it's been established that it's no worse than your average summer flu) is that the Spanish flu which killed 50 to 100 million people worldwide in two years. The first time it popped up it wasn't bad either, but during subsequent flu seasons it became much more virulent.

Of course, nobody knows if the same will happen with swine flu, but better safe than sorry? Personally I have asthma so if the dutch government approves a vaccine I'll be taking it.

Oh, you have no idea how funny it is to me when people think swine flu is universally deadly. I had it this past spring and didn't even have to visit the doctor. Matter of fact, it happened to hundreds of kids in my school.

The only annoying part was that half the kids were gone the last few weeks of school because their parents were paranoid.

From what I understand the reason officials are so afraid now (now it's been established that it's no worse than your average summer flu) is that the Spanish flu which killed 50 to 100 million people worldwide in two years. The first time it popped up it wasn't bad either, but during subsequent flu seasons it became much more virulent.

Also, this flu is unusually deadly to a generally healthy population - young adults.

wcurve.png

H1N1 has a local peak in death rate at ages 25-34, and is less deadly than usual for older people.