Summertime | INFJ Forum

Summertime

Discussion in 'The INFJ Typology' started by Altruistic Muse, Aug 18, 2009.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
More threads by Altruistic Muse
  1. Altruistic Muse

    Altruistic Muse Community Member

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2009
    Threads:
    104
    Messages:
    593
    Likes Received:
    64
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4?
    This is going to seem a bit bizarre and morose but as long as I can remember I have never liked summertime. There is too much time on my hands to think about things, too much stillness, and a weird feeling that because everyone else is happy cos the sun's out, I should as well.

    It kind of mirrors the uncomfortable feeling I get when everyone else is happy and I have to balance the mood, or the way that I sabotage things that are going too well in my life. But I would say that autumn is definitely my favourite month. There is a kind of understated warmth about it, and I feel much more comfortable when the evenings are longer and as everyone else gets down because of winter actually I find it cosy. I think every time I have been depressed has been in the summer, and every time I have split up with a boyfriend has been then as well. I find it strange the way since I was a kid i have got into this loop of changing atmospheres and moods with the seasons.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nela

    Nela Community Member

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2009
    Threads:
    5
    Messages:
    678
    Likes Received:
    26
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    I also experience that the seasons and the weather seem to influence my mood, but it's the other way around with me. Summer is about the only time of the year I'm actually happy. I can get really depressed during winters. But I understand what you said about having too much time on your hands and thinking too much during summer. This can be so exhausting..
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Orion

    Orion Strength through understanding
    Donor

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2009
    Threads:
    30
    Messages:
    2,107
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    244
    Trophy Points:
    622
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2
    Nicola, can you make thread where I don't completely agree with everything you say? It's getting quite annoying :tongue1:

    I don't like the summer mainly because it's too hot. Sweating all the time is minging. My favourite season is spring, it's just the perfect balance between winter and summer and there's this sense that it's the beginning of a new year, like starting fresh over again.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. OP
    Altruistic Muse

    Altruistic Muse Community Member

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2009
    Threads:
    104
    Messages:
    593
    Likes Received:
    64
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4?
    Haha! I do apologise Yield :tongue1:. Yep I know, and I have very fair skin so I get burnt, and I get headaches all the time etc. That gets annoying! Spring is my joint second with winter. I like both of them, but autumn is definitely my favourite!
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. laurie

    laurie Snowblind in Dreamland

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2009
    Threads:
    20
    Messages:
    1,382
    Likes Received:
    96
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    I find spring and autumn are my best seasons feeling-wise. But they're also the most stressful because my exams are in late winter - spring and late summer - autumn.
    I find that I have more energy around those times which is useful ^^" Winter makes me depresse and summer's just too hot.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Quest

    Quest Community Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Threads:
    5
    Messages:
    778
    Likes Received:
    41
    Trophy Points:
    587
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    x
    I know what you mean. And besides that, it's too hot. You step outside and can barely breath. Give me Fall or Winter anyday and I'm happy.
     
  7. IndigoSensor

    IndigoSensor Product Obtained
    Retired Staff

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2008
    Threads:
    762
    Messages:
    14,154
    Likes Received:
    1,297
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2 sx/so/sp
    I don't like summer for the reasons everyone has already said.

    Another factor is I LOVE winter. I live for snow and cold weather. If I could move to a place where it is 20 degrees year round, I would be very happy!
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. rainrise

    rainrise Community Member

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2009
    Threads:
    29
    Messages:
    743
    Likes Received:
    23
    Trophy Points:
    577
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    me too! i LOVE winter...i'm so fond of Canada's weather
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. arbygil

    arbygil Passing through

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2008
    Threads:
    382
    Messages:
    11,688
    Likes Received:
    1,368
    Trophy Points:
    881
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    I hate summer. It's too dang hot! And it's just miserable because I don't feel like doing anything and my thinking feels "stunted." I love autumn, though. Can't get enough of it because it actually feels like a season change. The weather finally cools off and it feels like a fog's lifting from your brain.

    I like Spring ok, but Spring sometimes gets too hot for me.
     
  10. AUM

    AUM The Romantic Scientist

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2009
    Threads:
    132
    Messages:
    2,838
    Featured Threads:
    2
    Likes Received:
    1,989
    Trophy Points:
    802
    MBTI:
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Yep, same here. I hate summer mostly because of the heat. I become more tired and I start to sweat like a friggin pig all the time. I find myself staying more indoors in summer than when it is winter. Temperature here right now is 93F and it is not even 8am yet!
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Jana

    Jana Searching...

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2009
    Threads:
    81
    Messages:
    2,080
    Likes Received:
    387
    Trophy Points:
    642
    MBTI:
    infj
    Is there any chance that you all are my long ago lost sisters and brothers:)!!!
    I am totally automn person, than I get energy and optimism. Summer - too long, too warm, too boring, just too everything:) I don't even lik ice-cream that much...
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. Orion

    Orion Strength through understanding
    Donor

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2009
    Threads:
    30
    Messages:
    2,107
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    244
    Trophy Points:
    622
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2
    Ah autumn. When the pavements and streets are filled with wilting leaves and there is a tint of sepia to everything....

    This thread reminds of one of my favourites korean films "Spring, summer, autumn, winter...and spring"
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. Entyqua

    Entyqua Forgotten
    Retired Staff

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2008
    Threads:
    280
    Messages:
    10,016
    Likes Received:
    533
    Trophy Points:
    755
    MBTI:
    INF
    Enneagram:
    messed up
    Spring and autumn are my favorite seasons.

    I hate summer its too hot, I am very fair skinned so I cant go outside with out spf 3000 on or I turn into a bright red swirling ball of pain. I hate the feeling of sunscreen. I love to swim, but again see previous sentence.

    I love spring because it is rebirth, the world wakes up from a frozen slumber, it sheds away its dead skin and blooms beautiful new green and lush trees, Lilacs bloom in the spring, my favorite flower. The world is waking up, it makes me feel that there is hope again.

    I love fall because the colors are so amazing. The tones of the dying leaves, The air is clear and fresh. Its just beautiful. And of course it houses my favorite holiday (halloween, all hallows eve, Samhain).

    Winter is like death to me...Everything is dead under the frozen earth. And Im clutzy...
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. Appoggiatura

    Appoggiatura Community Member

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2009
    Threads:
    7
    Messages:
    196
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    7
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    I don't know
    Summer is my least favorite season :(.
    It's sweaty and hot. I feel sluggish. There is nothing meaningful to do...I wish I could really wind down once in a while and actually enjoy having *nothing* to do.
     
  15. IndigoSensor

    IndigoSensor Product Obtained
    Retired Staff

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2008
    Threads:
    762
    Messages:
    14,154
    Likes Received:
    1,297
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2 sx/so/sp
    I must say, this is refreshing to read. It seems like everyone I know (IRL and online) loves summer and everything about it, and they all stare at me when I tell them I hate summer.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. Nela

    Nela Community Member

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2009
    Threads:
    5
    Messages:
    678
    Likes Received:
    26
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    :m015:

    I guess it also depends on where you live. My summer lasts (if I count the days that the sun is actually shining)..1 month maybe. The rest of the year it's cold and rainy. So I would give anything for a couple of days of sun. :)
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. Faye

    Faye ^_^
    Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2009
    Threads:
    311
    Messages:
    7,276
    Featured Threads:
    4
    Likes Received:
    4,607
    Trophy Points:
    892
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Gridania
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    I don't like it because I am lonely (all my good friends are from school) and I feel like a worthless POS for not having had a job and volunteering. I've also run out of good activities to waste my time with.

    Summer ends for me in 3 days though, so it doesn't matter.
     
  18. Shai Gar

    Shai Gar Guest

    Summertime and the livin's easy,
    Fish are jumpin', and the cotton is high.
    Oh yo' daddy's rich and yo' ma is good lookin',
    So hush, little baby, don' yo' cry.

    One of these mornin's you goin' to rise un singin',
    Then you'll spread yo' wings an' you'll take the sky.
    But till that mornin', there's a-nothin' can harm you
    With Daddy and Mammy standin' by.
     
  19. OP
    Altruistic Muse

    Altruistic Muse Community Member

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2009
    Threads:
    104
    Messages:
    593
    Likes Received:
    64
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4?
    Ha, that's not an answer at all! But I'm putting that song on now....
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  20. Orion

    Orion Strength through understanding
    Donor

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2009
    Threads:
    30
    Messages:
    2,107
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    244
    Trophy Points:
    622
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2
    Hi five!

    Same here! Summer ends in september and it'll all be over!
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page