Sugar fast | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Sugar fast

Ugh... I saw that once and was like... Huh? Also watch out; the corn industry is pushing congress to be allowed to 'hide' HFCS as 'corn SUGAR' so it sounds less evil... I've already seen it shown up on some hot dog labels and it's not even allowed yet.
God the more I hear about the food industry, the more scared I am. Seriously. Argh.

God the more I hear about the food industry, the more scared I am. Seriously. Argh.

I know what you mean... if you are skittish, never ever watch FOOD, INC. Then again, if you want to be healthy, you probably should. =P

This is why I cook, though... I'm more in control, though some seemingly normal foodstuffs are still questionable... chemically-riped fruit and vegetables... genetically modified organisms... hormone infested meats falsely made to look fresh via carcinogenic nitrites. It's sad that what we call 'organic' now is what used to be normal, and what we consider normal now is essentially fake food coming off a factory floor instead... and people eat it!

Also, making your own food is WAAAAAAAY cheaper. With exception of the cheapest breads.

Now the thing to do is grow some of my own; maybe herbs and small veggies that can become parts of sauces?

I know what you mean... if you are skittish, never ever watch FOOD, INC. Then again, if you want to be healthy, you probably should. =P

This is why I cook, though... I'm more in control, though some seemingly normal foodstuffs are still questionable... chemically-riped fruit and vegetables... genetically modified organisms... hormone infested meats falsely made to look fresh via carcinogenic nitrites. It's sad that what we call 'organic' now is what used to be normal, and what we consider normal now is essentially fake food coming off a factory floor instead... and people eat it!
Oh, I've seen it. I know all about Monsanto and all that crap too.

/shudders

Now the thing to do is grow some of my own; maybe herbs and small veggies that can become parts of sauces?
Chives and oregano grow even when you don't want them too, start there XD. Had a big afro of oregano in my mother's yard for year until she actually dug it completely out. Its perennial which means it comes back each year. Chives were the same, and those are still there. Green onions are similar. For the chives, I don't pull out the bulb to eat, I just trim off the green parts, so they become perennials then too.
Also, garlic, but you have to start now and wait a year or 2 for a full sized bulb to finish growing. This all grew in Calgary and its got extreme temperatures and heavy dryness, so as long as it can grow against a wall for some shelter it ought to survive forever!

Oh, I've seen it. I know all about Monsanto and all that crap too.

/shudders

Yuh yuh... funny how wide a revolving-door they have with elected officials, too... they and military and oil.

Chives and oregano grow even when you don't want them too, start there XD. Had a big afro of oregano in my mother's yard for year until she actually dug it completely out. Its perennial which means it comes back each year. Chives were the same, and those are still there. Green onions are similar. For the chives, I don't pull out the bulb to eat, I just trim off the green parts, so they become perennials then too.
Also, garlic, but you have to start now and wait a year or 2 for a full sized bulb to finish growing. This all grew in Calgary and its got extreme temperatures and heavy dryness, so as long as it can grow against a wall for some shelter it ought to survive forever!

Nice, I use those all, actually... oregano is a particularly common addition for me.

I really want to have a garden, and grow all my own veggies. Its a lot of work though. that and I have a black thumb.

Ok meal 2.

Whole grain sandwich ham turkey and provalone. dijon mustard and pepper.
real mayo is out not HFCS, but sugar.
Canned soup was a big bust had the HMCS in it. surprisingly enough the cup o noodles i buy for the kidlets have NO sugar, or corn starch in them. They may not be the healthiest thing in the world, but hey. im going for sugar first. ill fight the rest in 28 days.

I can tell my meals are energizing me more, but im still coming off an illness so i feel like balls regardless.

I was COMPLETELY starving after breakfast this morning. So starving in fact I kept looking for things to munch. I didnt, thank god, but the urge was difficult to combat.

I too am embarking on a sugar fast. I am going to slowly make my way in eating purely organic food over the next several months. It will take a budget adjustment but I am tired of the terrible foods available these days. I feel like if everyone started eating organic than the GMO stuff would be less popular and eventually fade. But the way the world works these days makes it almost impossible to afford a healthy lifestyle.

One step at a time I guess.

I too am embarking on a sugar fast. I am going to slowly make my way in eating purely organic food over the next several months. It will take a budget adjustment but I am tired of the terrible foods available these days. I feel like if everyone started eating organic than the GMO stuff would be less popular and eventually fade. But the way the world works these days makes it almost impossible to afford a healthy lifestyle.

kudos, this has been my gripe as well. it costs more to eat well. it pisses me off.

Well, keep in mind that what you save now by buying industrialized food will cost you a lot more later in terms of medical care.

kudos, this has been my gripe as well. it costs more to eat well. it pisses me off.

Me too. I don't have a family or anyone to feed so I guess in that respect I am lucky. But growing up my family couldn't afford the more expensive foods so until recently I hardly even knew they existed. So now I'm trying to battle a lifetime of sugar and corn syrup consumption to get myself healthy. But at least I'm aware now!

I am thinking about going on a sugar fast starting...oh NOW.

What is "okay" to eat during this fast?
(in terms of the best fruits ect)

Hey Entyqua!

Here's my $0.02. It's definitely beneficial. As far as fruits, be aware that bananas and grapes should be eaten less than other fruits (if at all). They lack the proper fibre (or amount of fibre; I forget) bound to the sugar molecule to prevent a glycemic spike. This is part of what people try to avoid when going on a sugar fast. Other fruits have a good amount of fibre, which the body can better handle/process. We didn't go too in depth into the mechanism in class, but I thought I'd share some of what I've learned.

meal 3
I had wild boar and brown rice with a little cheese and some garlic and green beans. water to drink all day. I think I am bout to 64 oz of water intake today. I get hungry for sugar I drink water.

Today was so hard. the only fruit i have at home is bananas so I may have over done it there, because it was fruit. I have to go to the store and get some other fruits tomorrow. I was hungry every two hours. That is pretty common for me. Its always been that way even when I was thin. so I will need to find a way to have more frequent small meals.

BUT the best part about today is that I DIDNT CAVE! I didnt give up and pour me a soda thinking "its just one" I didnt have me some of the delicious twizlers i bought for brain food for nano. I stuck to it.

Awesome, good job for not caving! I know how hard it can be. I am a self professed food addict also. D: And it is sooo easy to start craving sugary things again. But it definitely gets easier, and then even thinking of that stuff makes you feel icky. You can do it!

I really want to have a garden, and grow all my own veggies. Its a lot of work though. that and I have a black thumb.

Ok meal 2.

Whole grain sandwich ham turkey and provalone. dijon mustard and pepper.
real mayo is out not HFCS, but sugar.
Canned soup was a big bust had the HMCS in it. surprisingly enough the cup o noodles i buy for the kidlets have NO sugar, or corn starch in them. They may not be the healthiest thing in the world, but hey. im going for sugar first. ill fight the rest in 28 days.

I can tell my meals are energizing me more, but im still coming off an illness so i feel like balls regardless.

I was COMPLETELY starving after breakfast this morning. So starving in fact I kept looking for things to munch. I didnt, thank god, but the urge was difficult to combat.

A healthier alternative to canned soup. Do a big cooking day once a week make a bunch of soups. Freeze them. Tastes better too.

A healthier alternative to canned soup. Do a big cooking day once a week make a bunch of soups. Freeze them. Tastes better too.

I want to do that..but my roomates will eat them all...sigh

I wanna join!

:mwaa:

As I eat my starbursts and SOBE.

:m069: