Strong Ti in INFJ | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Strong Ti in INFJ

I think differences in enneagram types are the culprit.

The artistic, emotionally sensitive, creative INFJs are the 4s. This happens to be the most common e-type among INFJs so most of the INFJ profiles have been written based on INFJ 4s. If you take a look at this study correlating enneagram types with Big 5 parameters (bottom of page 15) it shows that 4s tend to score low on emotional stability: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/articles/SHLresearch.pdf Being in image triad 4s also strive to create a certain image of themselves that highlights their uniqueness and draws attention to them.

I am 1w9 myself and don't identify with any of those traits from INFJ profiles either. I'm emotionally stable and overall undemonstrative and more given to rationalization rather than "emotionalization". May be you are e1 too?

Hi Lexika ! Do you think type 9w1 is common for INFJs, and if not, why? I mean INFJs love peace, do they not ? I do. I can easy read behind your text that you think intelligent. THX

Ti is the only thing that keeps an INFJ standing.
It is also the only thing that limits our Se input (Which is important because we are over sensitive towards Se(-Fe) input)
We are subjective, thus our Subjective functions are comfortable (Ni and Ti)
In the absence of Fe validation, Ti is our only function that can keep us motivated.
An INFJ is often misunderstood, specially if the INFJ is rather intelligent. In that case, Ti is required to think twice before the INFJ extroverts itself.
Fe dominance is often not accepted in childhood by the environment, thus the subject will naturally develop his Ti as (s)he is forced to.
The INFJ is very conscious over the fact that it can extrovert 1 thought/feeling in different ways (Perspective switching), Ti is what is being used to choose the right perspective.
Thus in general, if you have a well developed Ni, you must also have a well developed Ti to maintain the balance

-Jah

Last edited:
Hi Lexika ! Do you think type 9w1 is common for INFJs, and if not, why? I mean INFJs love peace, do they not ? I do. I can easy read behind your text that you think intelligent. THX
Fairly common imho. I believe Carl Jung and Herman Hesse were both INFJs 9w1.
I also have a friend who is Fe-INFJ 9w1 so/sx. He is all about peaceful tactful relations between people.

I am a INFJ 9w1 and is all for peaceful and tactful relations. So Lexika, you got absolutely right.

So yeah I am an INFJ type four enneagram and to be quite blunt. Summing us up as you have is quite offensive. Also I think it is pretty obvious why the MBTI official profile developed by the people who created the MBTI is the authorative source. If you can't understand that then I feel bad for you and hope you stop being so stubborn and use logic. I apologize if this came out offensive in anyway I don't mean for it to be I am just being straight forward.

Reactions: Paladin-X