Still want to have a baby? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Still want to have a baby?

I would like to grace the world with my children some day.
I figure, by that time I will have the money, wisdom, and interest to raise fine upstanding citizens of the world.

stupid people aren't going to stop having babies. That isn't my problem, but it will be for the child of someone I care about. Why not send them a little re-inforcement. I can't know if my children will aspire to become brilliant doctors, scientists, teachers, or film directors, or -other traditionally considered worthwhile pursuit- but i know I won't let them grow to be idiots, and i will not tolerate ignorance in my children (with age and so long as it can be helped).

plus, I'm going to be needing an heir.

We desperately need to reduce our population, and voluntarily keeping number of children down to one for a few consecutive generations is the most humane/kind/clean/healthy way to do it; if only humanity were an intrinsically responsible rather than intrinsically selfish creature.

We desperately need to reduce our population, and voluntarily keeping number of children down to one for a few consecutive generations is the most humane/kind/clean/healthy way to do it; if only humanity were an intrinsically responsible rather than intrinsically selfish creature.

The other problem is the people who volunatrily don't have children will be screwing themselves over. Look at Japan - no children, just old people.

Its kinda like how the people who save their money and refuse to spend durring an ecconomic recession are ultimately end up on top at the end of the recession, but the end of said recession will be no thanks to them. As a responsible person, would you be willing to screw yourself and your family over financially just to help end an economic recession? That's not cool either.

(I also don't believe people are selfish, they may look out for self interest, but not at the expense or disregard of others.... not all of them at least. you gotta have faith in people.)

The world needs responsible people, to help those who don't know any better. hopefully to create a better tommorow.

The other problem is the people who volunatrily don't have children will be screwing themselves over. Look at Japan - no children, just old people.

Its kinda like how the people who save their money and refuse to spend durring an ecconomic recession are ultimately end up on top at the end of the recession, but the end of said recession will be no thanks to them. As a responsible person, would you be willing to screw yourself and your family over financially just to help end an economic recession? That's not cool either.

(I also don't believe people are selfish, they may look out for self interest, but not at the expense or disregard of others.... not all of them at least. you gotta have faith in people.)

The world needs responsible people, to help those who don't know any better. hopefully to create a better tommorow.

Sadly, recent studies show that ALMOST invariably, people go with the path of least resistance, even if it is predominantly the 'worse' or 'bad' choice; But yeh, given a choice between enduring a few generations of being burdened with a higher population elderly generation in order to reach a place where humanity is no longer hurdling toward geno-suicide... wait, was there a choice? I suppose some of us could opt to hide in bunkers or fly off in space ships and start over after the inevitable comes. =3

It's not like acts of mass responsibility have unpleasant outcomes (better quality of life, less guilt, less stress, less need to overwork, less conflict, better environment, etc etc etc.) It is BECAUSE people focus so much on their 'personal needs' that their 'personal needs' have caused such a chain-reaction of mass damage to them and everyone else as well. They lack the bigger picture, or most every form of foresight at all.

I know it all sounds gloom and doom cynicism, but it's not without tons of data to back it up; I also wouldn't be as upset about it as I am if it hadn't been so darn avoidable in the first place. *shrug*

Hate the idea of dictating family size... look at China; the elders need so badly to be taken care of that they skew heavily male in their choice of offspring (assuming they're better able to take their parents in in later years.) The outcome will not be pretty. Still, if people DON'T choose to limit their breeding... if people don't solve this equation... than this equation will solve them.