Star Signs and Personality Tests | INFJ Forum

Star Signs and Personality Tests

Free Mind

I'm a Dragon! Rawr!
Nov 16, 2010
MBTI
INFJinity
Scorpio is not akin to INFJ but the type of Scorpio I am, as in the more detailed version, is pretty accurate and aligns with INFJ well.

I don't buy into astrology. I'm a Capricorn and I can identify with some of the typical description, but it seems more like other types than INFJ.

I dont know. Normally I dont believe in this stuff at all, but one thing that is weird is that most of my friends are/were virgos like me and many of them are/were at least NF. My best friend is an Enfj and shes a cancer too.

Here is the thing.
YOUR SUN SIGN IS NOT YOUR PERSONALITY.
Your moon sign is.

Reactions: 894tt3h9
Scorpio Sun, Virgo rising and Taurus moon.

Probability mandates that every astrological sign would belong to every MBTI type, although I have not verified. :p

Reactions: Nixie
I am a Leo with a Leo moon and an Aquarius rising. My step-son has the same birthday as me. And the same rising sign. He's also INFJ. So, that makes me think there can be some correlation.

I wonder if the fire water signs have a higher chance of being feelers, while the earth and air might be thinkers. Perhaps fixed signs are more likely to be J?

Each sign is divided into 3 decans. Within those decans there are differences. So, third decan Leos (like myself) may be a little more reserved and intense than the more flamboyant 2nd decan leos. I know two 2nd decan Leos that are both ExFJ.

Whenever you read general descriptions about Leo, it's always, life of the party center of attention extrovert. However, I'm not like that at all. There are other characteristics of Leo that are very much me. Warmhearted, loyal, stubborn.

I don't know. But what I do know is I am both very much a Leo and very much an INFJ. :)

And I feel that the description of Cancer on that website (which I don't fully agree with) can also back up my MBTI which I found out yesterday.

You should find out your moon, rising and planets. You can get your full chart (free) done here

I tried it. Don't know what time I was born at, but the descriptions given were only moderately accurate. Felt like Forer effect to me. I've never been very trusting of astrology, though. I don't understand how the positions of planets, the moon, and the sun affect the personality of someone born on Earth. I assume it's a spiritual thing?

Yes, very much so; however, you have to look at the detailed, personalized readings to actually understand it. I'm a Taurus, with a Pisces moon and a Taurus rising sign. Combined, it ends up sounding a lot like me and a lot like my INFJ experience. Separate, Taurus only sounds vaguely like an INFJ. But I seriously doubt that to have a certain MBTI you have to have a certain sun/moon/rising sign, though perhaps there is something to be said for certain signs tending one way or another. I suspect it's just how the elements of your entire chart interact.

I just want to point out, by the way, that to believe in astrology you don't have to think that the suns/moons/planets *cause* the personalities, merely that they reflect them. Which does tie in with a certain spiritual outlook on the world, I suppose, but it's a little different. I wouldn't swallow it at all, except that my detailed readings are scarily accurate, so I really can't dismiss it.

That having been said, if there was a sun sign/moon sign/ascendent/planet that was correlated to INFJs, I'd have to put my money on Pisces.

Your sunsign in my opinion doesn't really say all that much about you, just a little bit. I find a lot of use in astrology, in particular natal charts. This is because it takes into account many more factors then just one single piece.

I am a taurus, and it fit it pretty well, but it doesn't align with INFJ well, and there a lot of holes with it. Again, sunsign alone doesn't say much.

More detail:
Taurus sun
Scorpio moon
Libra ascendent

Those three combinations alone actually add quite a bit more detail.

*points at my signature*

My sun sign is Scorpio, moon is Taurus, and rising is Virgo.

All of that really does sound an awful lot like me but I don't know how much I buy into astrology.

Last edited:
Reactions: NeverAmI
I tend to look at star signs in a similar way to alchemy: there was genuinely something there (which in the case of alchemy was actual interactions between chemicals, and in the case of astrology was distinct personalties) but they lacked a scientific explanation for it, so they used whatever explanation seemed the most plausible at the time (which in the case of astrology was that the Heavens were making it happen).

So yeah, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a certain amount of overlap between star signs and MBTI types - those distinct personalities are still there after all, it's just that the MBTI does a better job of identifying them.

I feel as though the only advantage of natal charts is that they give more information to pick out what may apply to you, a form of confirmation bias in other words.

I'm a Sun Gemini, Scorpio Ascendant and Moon Sagittarius.

Geminis sound a lot like Ne doms, and having auxiliary Ne, I can identify with some of it, I can identify with my ascendant too, but Sagittarius is just way off line.

Rising Sun is in Leo,
Sun is in Gemini
Moon is in Virgo.

And I am a Gemini.
I fit almost every single personality trait that describes the Gemini personality. I also fit a lot of Leo and also a lot of Virgo. I don't think any of them tie into the INFJ personality type at all really. Then again, I can come off as many different types, most notably INTJ and ISFJ. So who knows, there may be something there.

I am waiting to hear back from my mother on the exact time of my birth so I had to make a guess within the hour of which I was born, so this may change.

are you a capricorn? lol

Libra

The personality types from astrology may have similarities to other theories but assigning people a type depending on when they were born and the position of the stars is just pure nonsense in my opinion.

Reactions: 88chaz88
Here is the thing.
YOUR SUN SIGN IS NOT YOUR PERSONALITY.
Your moon sign is.
Then what is your sun sign supposed to be?

My sun is Scorpio and my Moon is Virgo.
Ick. Virgo. I don't think astrology is valid. Something about constellation calculations being a tad off in recent centuries. But I identify with the Scorpio sign due to the Forer effect for sure. The Scorpio description is the coolest description in the whole zodiac and well, I want to be cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: the
I've heard the moon sign is your inner, emotional world, and the sun sign is your...way of approaching the world? Something like that.