Sony's Decision Not to Release "The Interview" | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Sony's Decision Not to Release "The Interview"

How did we know that Kim is behind this again?

Actually it's being released in a select few theaters with help of the american government.

Also. Please refrain from bashing countries.
I don't feel like bashing countries not involved with this particular incident and countries not proven by any tangible evidence to be involved is a very healthy thing for the world right now.
Perhaps it is better to clean up one's own act before assaulting that of others.

I also wonder why all the wailing liberal agitator groups like anonymous and the ilk arent targetting states like north korea which seem capable of this, or their allies, like the Russians or Chinese, instead of the people they do, who're a bunch of red necks by comparison.

Because these groups also have the power to see and verify the truths of this world.
That said, a Hacktivist group did pull the plug on N. Korea's internet according to CNN.

Last edited:
At first I thought the whole premise of the film trivialised the actual (apparent) situation and I think it was reckless to make it at all.

It's because I feel the Western nations are, through international business, doing so much worse and then pointing fingers at almost cartoonishy antiquated dictator-figures who pose no real threat to them, they just won't be their puppet. The West has no problem with psychopathic despots who play ball...until they don't.

I'm not against the whole thing exactly. Team America was hilarious and was about killing the then-leader of North Korea as well. America seems to be killing a lot of its problems lately so, I don't know, it is in kind of poor taste I think. I see it as being too accessible and not absurd enough (the opposite of Team America), but then I haven't seen it.

To me, they did the right thing. Unless every single one of my employees agreed to release the movie regardless of consequences, I would not put them and their livelihood in danger to uphold some idea of "good" for the sake of the public's satisfaction. Sony Entertainment is not a country and I don't think it should be held to the same expectations.

Plus, the movie will be leaked any how and people will get to see it, whether Sony profits from it or not. This isn't George Orwell's 1984: Kim Jong Un is a little antiquated with his attempts at censorship.

I honestly think this whole thing is being blown out of proportion.

Just watched "The Interview" last night. It was ridiculously funny. I would recommend to anyone who likes that kind of humor.

I somewhat doubt we will be able to verify whether or not N. Korea was ever actually involved or not:

http://gawker.com/a-lot-of-smart-people-think-north-korea-didnt-hack-sony-1672899940

There hasn't been any evidence around the Sony incident to suggest that Korean hackers were responsible. Not an iota.

It's just been people latching onto NORK's typically reactionary response to the idea of the movie, coupled with a mountain of assumptions and assertions that have a pretty fucking small chance of ever being substantiated.

I don't understand why the idea is gaining so much traction apart from people just really wanting North Korea to be guilty of something (apparently all the absurd shit they've done so far isn't enough).

Last edited:
Actually it's being released in a select few theaters with help of the american government.

Also. Please refrain from bashing countries.
I don't feel like bashing countries not involved with this particular incident and countries not proven by any tangible evidence to be involved is a very healthy thing for the world right now.
Perhaps it is better to clean up one's own act before assaulting that of others.

Because these groups also have the power to see and verify the truths of this world.
That said, a Hacktivist group did pull the plug on N. Korea's internet according to CNN.

I tried reporting the rep you sent me there because I think the mods should keep an eye on anyone who appears to have mood swings like that but it didnt take, in any case I think you should probably try and get some help some place instead of visiting forums and hoping that strangers will provide you with the support you need by validating your views and opinions.

Does anyone else find it strange that a country that looks almost completely dark on a map of the world at night has access, computers and people able to hack anything?

I had no plans to see it in the theater but the second I heard that Kim Jong Un was crying about it I knew it was going to have to. Its partly funny but mostly not because while he is a little crying boy hes a little crazed serial killer psychopath crying boy. Those are real people dying and suffering in that country. This world is so fing messed up.

It's very unlikely that NK did this

It's very unlikely that NK did this

I know why you feel that way but its possible they outsourced the cyber attacks, whether to a state actor or freelancer its probably not important.

The same guys sent agents to intimidate barbers in the uk for offering to cut hair in Kim's style as part of a dictators hair cuts publicity stunt.

I know why you feel that way but its possible they outsourced the cyber attacks, whether to a state actor or freelancer its probably not important.

The same guys sent agents to intimidate barbers in the uk for offering to cut hair in Kim's style as part of a dictators hair cuts publicity stunt.

my problem with that is that the hacker first released all of this information claiming to be some kind of hacktivist group, and then later claimed that they were NK. You want my opinion, it was some bored high school students maybe college kids. Sony has notoriously bad security and new evidence poping up shows that it was probably an inside job.

my problem with that is that the hacker first released all of this information claiming to be some kind of hacktivist group, and then later claimed that they were NK. You want my opinion, it was some bored high school students maybe college kids. Sony has notoriously bad security and new evidence poping up shows that it was probably an inside job.

Maybe, I'm sure there is going to be plenty of stories in the coming months, there is also the possibility that both attacks, the one on Sony and the one on NK were both carried out by so called hacktivists, I actually think that the portrayal of the same individuals are radically irresponsible and dangerous with immaturity in Die Hard 4 is probably correct.

Its mad when you think that the sorts of people who troll online forums are now at a point were they could troll entire regimes, especially when you consider that those regimes could possibly have the character of trolls themselves, serious when the same guys have access to serious hardware, bioweapons and suitcase bombs.

It'd be something if the next war in human history, possibly one of a cataclysmic nature, is eventually discovered to have been sparked from some basement or bedroom by some punk kid who has no friends and dislikes his parents, teachers, neighbour kids etc.

Maybe, I'm sure there is going to be plenty of stories in the coming months, there is also the possibility that both attacks, the one on Sony and the one on NK were both carried out by so called hacktivists, I actually think that the portrayal of the same individuals are radically irresponsible and dangerous with immaturity in Die Hard 4 is probably correct.

Its mad when you think that the sorts of people who troll online forums are now at a point were they could troll entire regimes, especially when you consider that those regimes could possibly have the character of trolls themselves, serious when the same guys have access to serious hardware, bioweapons and suitcase bombs.

It'd be something if the next war in human history, possibly one of a cataclysmic nature, is eventually discovered to have been sparked from some basement or bedroom by some punk kid who has no friends and dislikes his parents, teachers, neighbour kids etc.

I don't know, we've gone to war over dumber things

I don't know, we've gone to war over dumber things

I dont know if they were dumber but maybe you may consider them to be as big a sham.