Saru Inc

Schrödinger's Pussy
Donor
Sep 13, 2010
MBTI
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
What are your thoughts on socionics? (For information go to: http://www.socionics.com/ ) I'm not sure how it differs from MBTI to be completely honest, however if anyone ever feels inbetween types, try out the socionics version.

A few basic things, the socionic descriptions tend to (in my experience) also describe one's physical appearance, which is dead on in some instances. A way to distinguish between MBTI and Socionics is socionics uses a lower j/p, as well as typically Socionics figures out J/P by stating J is rational, P is irrational. And thats why I test as a J in Socionics, and a P in MBTI. (Though I can get pretty irrational when my emotions control me.)

For example, in my case, I test as an INFP in Mbti, but in most instances (like 90% of the time) an INFP in mbti is an ENFp in Socionics. However, what makes even more sense and why I think I'm a J sometimes, is I'm part of a group of ENFjs who test as ENFps in Socionics, and thus even though I test as an INFP in MBTI, I'm an ENFj in Socionics. And I'd have to say, the ENFj description fits me DEAD ON. Because I'm very high in Fe and Fi, but not in an MBTI sense.

So go ahead, take the test! What's your type? The same? Different? How does it match up?

I'm looking forward to this. :m186:

Id.gif
Nd.gif
Td.gif
xd.gif

But I took another test on there and got INFp.

Last edited:
Socionics is just water-down MBTI in my opinion. Nevertheless, here are my results:

screencapture1c.png

I'm startig to see a pattern

In MBTI, the J/P indicates the which of the 2 most strongly preferred preferences has the extroverted attitude. A P indicates that the top perceiving function is extroverted (Se or Ne) and the top judging function is introverted (To or Fi) whereas a J indicates the opposite.

In Socionics, the p indicates that a perceiving function is dominant. For extroverts this is equivalent to how MBTI works, but for introverts it is the opposite. An INTP has Ti>Ne, but an INTp has Te>Ni.

When you get below the top 2 functions, Socionics and MBTI have different ideas of the order and attitudes of functions. In MBTI our 3rd function is the opposite function with the opposite attitude as the 2nd. In Socionics, it is the opposite function as the 1st and has the same attitude. An INTj is thus Ti>Ne>Fi>Se.

Socionics and MBTI do not define the functions identically either. Introverted Logic is essentially the same as Introverted Thinking (Ti), and Extroverted Logic is also the same as Extroverted Thinking. Introverted and extroverted intuition are defined almost the same, but there may be some slight differences. Introverted and Extroverted Sensing in Socionics each seem to deal with half of the functions in MBTI. Introverted Ethics may still be denoted Fi online, but it is actually much closer to Extroverted Feeling while Extroverted Ethics is much closer to Introverted Feeling. This basically makes INTj = Ti> Ne>Fe>Se/i.

The first time I took it I got ESTJ but that's because I was careless and did not look at which one was yes/no.

INFP was my result.

Last edited:
ISFX. But in all fairness I got bored of the test really quickly.

Yeah, still investigating the theory, but I'm apparently INTp in that (ILI).