christmas

is such a boss bitch.
Donor
Oct 9, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
today i bought some "feminine wash" because my ISFJ friend says it makes her vagina feel so fresh and clean. i've never had an issue with regular soap and water. not so fresh feeling? take a fucking shower.

i know the old saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it", but i'm always looking for improvements.

is feminine wash necessary or just a gimmick?

Reactions: jyrffw54
IMO gimmick. If things are getting nasty down there apart from normal soap 'n water on the outer bits in the shower, then chances are you need yeast cream or antibiotics, not feminine wash lol...

However, I can see maybe the benefit of using more gentle soaps rather than a highly scented body wash/bar soap. Those are sensitive bits down there and a lot of soaps are harsh and have too much added scents and such, which can mess with the natural PH of your body and actually trigger yeast infections. But I really don't think it's necessary to have something catered specifically "for a vagina". Just a mild glycerin soap or vegetable oil based soap most likely would do the trick perfectly.

Oh and only wash the vulva, don't go pushing soap up INTO your actual vagina hole. That's a quick way to make a vagina very angry. And angry vag = sad and probably itchy burny woman.

Edited to add:

Also, the tiny angry feminist inside me feels the need to say for the record that for the most part I feel like those feminine washes and douches are catering to a crowd of women that have been made insecure of their bodies and don't want their vaginas to smell like anything remotely close to a vagina. Most likely because some dude once told her her vag stank because it smelled like vag or maybe at worst vag+sweat.

Last edited:
Reactions: grt$5vb
What about douching?

Those are sensitive bits down there and a lot of soaps are harsh and have too much added scents and such, which can mess with the natural PH of your body and actually trigger yeast infections. But I really don't think it's necessary to have something catered specifically "for a vagina". Just a mild glycerin soap or vegetable oil based soap most likely would do the trick perfectly.

yar, i'm gonna try this Summer's Eve wash out to see if it's a yeast infection in a bottle. it smells unscented, but i didn't read the back of the bottle well enough.

No gimmick for me. Some of us may have more sensitive skin than others. JMO. If you never had a problem, don't bother.

yar, i'm gonna try this Summer's Eve wash out to see if it's a yeast infection in a bottle. it smells unscented, but i didn't read the back of the bottle well enough.

If it is unscented and a mild soap it will likely not do any harm at least, although I still doubt it being necessary as opposed to other possibly less expensive mild soap options.

This thread makes me very uncomfortable.
[video=youtube;CO5tFO8lZ2A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO5tFO8lZ2A&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Back at you ladies.

Reactions: acd and Jill Hives
Where do you find these things......

Edit: in response to FA, I neither need Vaginal soaps nor help finding them.

I feel like for the most part it's probably a gimmick. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a vagina smelling like a vagina!

today i bought some "feminine wash" because my ISFJ friend says it makes her vagina feel so fresh and clean. i've never had an issue with regular soap and water. not so fresh feeling? take a fucking shower.

i know the old saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it", but i'm always looking for improvements.

NOOO! your vag has it's own natural way of cleaning itself.. with Ph and stuff... soap messes it all up!
Water should suffice!

Reactions: the
I know I don't have to look at this thread... but please stop talking about pH, smells, soaps, washes, natural processes..... arghhhh.

Someone get me a time machine - the Doctor perhaps - so I can go back and live when people wouldn't even publicly admit to using the bathroom at all.

Reactions: Blackmountainside
Again, nothin' wrong with vaginas.

I know I don't have to look at this thread... but please stop talking about pH, smells, soaps, washes, natural processes..... arghhhh.

Someone get me a time machine - the Doctor perhaps - so I can go back and live when people wouldn't even publicly admit to using the bathroom at all.

Quaint.

Reactions: Flavus Aquila

if you need a special wash for your twat you probably need to see a gynecologist.
just sayin'

Reactions: acd
I feel like for the most part it's probably a gimmick. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a vagina smelling like a vagina!

a vagina should have no 'smell' unless you just had a sex marathon or something.

LOL yeah you said it. The door's that way!

:p

a vagina should have no 'smell' unless you just had a sex marathon or something.
I don't mean that as an odor, but that they don't naturally give off the scent of roses and I wouldn't want my partner's to. Randomly sniffing a healthy vagina shouldn't really result in a smell, but when things are getting heated up there is definitely a noticeable difference in aroma from the vagina compared to the knee cap or back.

Vaginas definitely have a smell. o_O I mean it shouldn't be wafting up at you as you are walking along or anything, but there is definitely a certain scent associated with a vagina even in its normal healthy state.

Reactions: Kmal