the

Si master race.
Banned
Feb 17, 2009
MBTI
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
Do you have a job somewhere? What kind is it?

I teach preschoolers to be adept for impending Kindergarten, currently. They have about as much desire to learn as high school students and are already as violent.

Reactions: gd65h8as7 and the
I started a partnership and work with local governments with their financial and non-financial duties. I also work for a software company writing enhancements, and teaching user groups.

Reactions: grt$5vb and Kgal
I'm a social worker. On contract with the state of New Jersey right now, living far from home in a hotel in Secaucus. We are the first responders for Disaster Case Management to help people get started on the recovery path. The mission is to set up and create a working office environment utilizing database software and confidential settings out of chaos. The survivors then meet with us - get enrolled and applied for the various resources they need. At this stage the most important end goal is to give them hope. Then the next wave of case managers will continue on in the stable environment we created and work with the survivors plans to facilitate recovery.

I work with people with disabilities to help them find and maintain employment.
I meet with clients, help them with cover letters and resumes and help them apply for jobs. I'm also the liaison for their employer when they find work. I work with such a diverse group of people with diverse circumstances and i learn so much from them ...it ranges from people who have degrees and decades of professional experience, but who have become injured or ill or impaired and could no longer function in their line of work to people who are mildly developmentally disabled. I haven't been doing it that long but I love it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Faye and grt$5vb
Customs brokerage. I am the middle man between Canada Customs and an extremely well known world wide business (which I shall not name) for all of their imports into Canada.

Reactions: the
That's a lot of dealing with people for supposed introverts.

I'm in video game QA, formerly as a team lead until I realized I'm a better second-in-command. I'm good with individuals but my leadership style and work ethic drives me to be too authoritarian and stressed out.

I currently work part-time as a graphic designer and production assistant at a print and signage shop; otherwise I work from home as a freelance graphic and web designer. I'm looking to a get a full-time job in the city as an in-house for either a company or agency.

I teach finnish language and literature in junior high and high school.

I am still a student, but I am a teaching assistant in economics at my college and I independently tutor science courses. While I like the work I do, I don't like the environment I do it in. I much prefer a quiet office environment, so right now I am pursuing an administrative-assistant position with a real-estate agency. I really hope I get the job...

Last edited:
Reactions: grt$5vb
I am the brewer at a brewpub. (that's right, free beer)

Reactions: grt$5vb and bamf
I'm working on securing my teaching license so I teach full time (and pay way too much to do it). On the side I substitute teach, tutor a group of high-achieving high school students, and teach beginner guitar lessons. I'm also going to grad school full time.

I'm a nursing student right now (aka: I'm paying to work my ass off in class and clinical, lol)...previously, I have been employed as a receptionist, a patient registration clerk, a teller, a medical records clerk, and a shoe salesperson. :)

I'm a manager for a commercial printing company.
I work directly with clients, and write up estimates and job tickets. Following the work through all the steps.
Got into the field 20 years ago and have done pretty much every job there is to do in the industry. I sometimes miss being on the production floor running a press etc. though.

I am a network and systems administrator at a University. I am also a student in psychology. I would like to change careers to be an academic/researcher in clinical psychology. I would also like to create and run two centres. One for 'rehabilitating' those with mental health issues. The other will be dedicated to providing alternative learning and coping strategies for both troubled and/or gifted kids.

And Sir Uberrogo... please do us the honor.

good thread. It's nice to read what people are doing with themselves.