Snowflakes | Page 30 | INFJ Forum

Snowflakes

Are you a snowflake given this definition?

• Yes, I am a snowflake

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • No, I am not a snowflake

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • I just love people, and prefer not to arbitrarily negatively label my fellow human beings

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is really being converted to the ideals snowflakes are spreading, anyways? Have they converted anyone to their way of thinking? I suggest they have not, and that any media attention they get suggesting otherwise only exists because there is profit to be made on publicizing those peoples antics. If someone has been converted to thinking this way please step forward and tell us what the last straw was that made you switch your mind.

I think the question is, how as a snowflake cannot only anyone else take you seriously but how can you take yourself seriously.
Basically you take any liberal and you have mostly snowflake. So it's not like you are being converted to snowflakism, it's that you subscribe to liberal ideas. But I think it's just taking it a step further a d that most snowflakes are people who have not had to live in the real world yet.

Also I like the people trying to demonize the word snowflake. Apparently it's hurtful when really all that's being said is that people want to believe they have value no matter what they bring to society even if its nothing but parasitic mooching off others.

that's exactly what EH was saying
It's not exactly what I am saying but its true their are bad people on the extreme right. No denying that. But I think it's fair to say that a majority of people on the left extreme or not expect their lawmakers to be law breakers. Its just comes with the territory.

Reactions: Wyote
I think the question is, how as a snowflake cannot only anyone else take you seriously but how can you take yourself seriously.
Basically you take any liberal and you have mostly snowflake. So it's not like you are being converted to snowflakism, it's that you subscribe to liberal ideas. But I think it's just taking it a step further a d that most snowflakes are people who have not had to live in the real world yet.

Also I like the people trying to demonize the word snowflake. Apparently it's hurtful when really all that's being said is that people want to believe they have value no matter what they bring to society even if its nothing but parasitic mooching off others.

No, my question was the actual question.

Who is really being converted to the ideals snowflakes are spreading, anyways? Have they converted anyone to their way of thinking? I suggest they have not, and that any media attention they get suggesting otherwise only exists because there is profit to be made on publicizing those peoples antics. If someone has been converted to thinking this way please step forward and tell us what the last straw was that made you switch your mind.

Last I heard universities were folding like cheap suits, I did a quick Google search and this what I found of the cuff, you'll have to decide if the source is reputable or not:

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-furedi-safe-space-20170105-story.html

Quote from the above posted article:

Recently, when I’ve wanted to make a comment or pose a question in the FFC or in the classroom, I’ve found myself held back by a solemn voice in my head: Am I unintentionally making this into a “brave space”? As opposed to “safe space,” “brave space” is a place where some might have to step out of their comfort zones and be “brave” in order to voice their opinions regarding their marginalized identities.

Should I bring up the conflict between “Black Lives Matter” and “All Lives Matter” when there are people of African-American descent present? As a straight person, am I too internally biased to comment on issues related to queer people?

How can I talk about feminism as a man without causing any micro-aggression? And am I, someone from another country, eligible to judge U.S. issues, with the country’s long, distinct history of civil struggles for equality?

Reactions: Reason and Wyote
@Eventhorizon says - "I think the question is, how as a snowflake cannot only anyone else take you seriously but how can you take yourself seriously.”

Your grammar is a bit difficult to follow but I’ll try to answer with a question to you - who gave you the fucking position of Judge concerning who is a so-called “snowflake” and who isn’t? I’m sure there are triggered people out there but they exist is both parties.

"Basically you take any liberal and you have mostly snowflake.”

Insulting and overgeneralizing groups of people is exactly how discrimination and hatred is perpetuated - does is make your dick seem bigger to you or something - why is it the same old tune with you?
Can’t debate so you just insult.

"So it's not like you are being converted to snowflakism, it's that you subscribe to liberal ideas. But I think it's just taking it a step further a d that most snowflakes are people who have not had to live in the real world yet.”

Don’t hold back with the assumptions now. What would you know about the rich inner life of someone else?
What a pretentious and arrogant statement to make about people.
How do you know you are living in the “real world” EH and you aren’t the one floating around like a snowflake as you are obviously constantly triggered by anything “liberal” or to do with Obama or HRC?

"Also I like the people trying to demonize the word snowflake. Apparently it's hurtful when really all that's being said is that people want to believe they have value no matter what they bring to society even if its nothing but parasitic mooching off others."

More assumptions based on your opinion and your biases.
Trump and the GOP are not parasites?
Just the liberal “snowflakes”....even though red states use food stamps far more than their blue counterparts...damn parasites.
Let’s make sure and blow up the social safety net...enjoy your tax increases...enjoy the jump in insurance premiums.
Too bad we aren’t Hedge Fund managers right? ;)

"Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin openly conceded Friday that eliminating the estate tax does benefit the wealthy, despite President Trump's assertion that it was being cut in the tax reform framework to help farmers.

"Obviously, the estate tax, I will concede, disproportionately helps rich people," Mr. Mnuchin said at the Institute for International Finance conference in Washington, D.C.

But yeah....keep ignoring facts that you don’t like (Ewww, I don’t like your sources, I would rather watch the propaganda Fox and Brietbart vomit up)...surround yourself with only things that echo your own personal mental comfort...exactly like a true “snowflake” would be expected to behave.

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
I don't think we are saying there aren't douchbags on the extreme right, there are absolutely, but I think we are currently discussing the douchbags on the far left. I think the point is that the whole point is that snowflakes are trying to convince a generation that when the going gets tough, go to your safe space. They tried stress cards in the military, when you were stressed out you put a red card and the drill instructor was supposed to take it easy on you. The enemy, robber, rapist whatever, is not gonna care if your triggered and you need to go to your safe space... Are there douchebags on the right, absolutely, but I'm curious I never got a look at the driver of that car, anybody get a name or read a non politized article about the driver that wasn't speculating? Certainly, was a huge media win for the left! The driver should switch sides...
I don’t feel the influence of any so-called “snowflakes”...I never got a participation trophy as a child and I certainly have seen the very underside of humanity as a Paramedic and when I worked in the ER prior to getting into surgery without being “triggered”.
IMHO I don’t believe in providing a “safe space” for people unless they have some kind of mental disorder or past trauma that would cause them to be hypersensitive about certain subjects.
It’s fine to protect your children from seeing or experiencing certain things because they are not old enough yet to mentally and emotionally deal with such things, their brains have not fully developed in that capacity.
However; if someone is in college...suck it up (besides the above described omissions ^^) and learn how to live in the real world with all it’s BS and horribleness around the globe...I don’t believe in burying your head in the sand one way or the other. (of course there is also good in the world with the bad ;) )
It’s fine to be sensitive to certain people when subjects sensitive to them are approached, that doesn’t make anyone a “snowflake”, it's common courtesy and polite...a rarity more and more it seems.
It’s not a partisan issue....or one at all really.
And no....we didn’t have any red cards when I was in boot camp.

Last edited:
Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
I don’t feel the influence of any so-called “snowflakes”...I never got a participation trophy as a child and I certainly have seen the very underside of humanity as a Paramedic and when I worked in the ER prior to getting into surgery without being “triggered”.
IMHO I don’t believe in providing a “safe space” for people unless they have some kind of mental disorder or past trauma that would cause them to be hypersensitive about certain subjects.
It’s fine to protect your children from seeing or experiencing certain things because they are not old enough yet to mentally and emotionally deal with such things, their brains have not fully developed in that capacity.
However; if someone is in college...suck it up (besides the above described omissions ^^) and learn how to live in the real world with all it’s BS and horribleness around the globe...I don’t believe in burying your head in the sand one way or the other. (of course there is also good in the world with the bad ;) )
It’s fine to be sensitive to certain people when subjects sensitive to them are approached, that doesn’t make anyone a “snowflake”, it's common courtesy and polite...a rarity more and more it seems.
I feel like the stress card thing is the military's version of an urban legend. We didn't have them either in 98'. So I can only conclude these soft-ass Baby Boomers were the ones who had them haha.

@Eventhorizon says - "I think the question is, how as a snowflake cannot only anyone else take you seriously but how can you take yourself seriously.”

Your grammar is a bit difficult to follow but I’ll try to answer with a question to you - who gave you the fucking position of Judge concerning who is a so-called “snowflake” and who isn’t? I’m sure there are triggered people out there but they exist is both parties.

"Basically you take any liberal and you have mostly snowflake.”

Insulting and overgeneralizing groups of people is exactly how discrimination and hatred is perpetuated - does is make your dick seem bigger to you or something - why is it the same old tune with you?
Can’t debate so you just insult.

"So it's not like you are being converted to snowflakism, it's that you subscribe to liberal ideas. But I think it's just taking it a step further a d that most snowflakes are people who have not had to live in the real world yet.”

Don’t hold back with the assumptions now. What would you know about the rich inner life of someone else?
What a pretentious and arrogant statement to make about people.
How do you know you are living in the “real world” EH and you aren’t the one floating around like a snowflake as you are obviously constantly triggered by anything “liberal” or to do with Obama or HRC?

"Also I like the people trying to demonize the word snowflake. Apparently it's hurtful when really all that's being said is that people want to believe they have value no matter what they bring to society even if its nothing but parasitic mooching off others."

More assumptions based on your opinion and your biases.
Trump and the GOP are not parasites?
Just the liberal “snowflakes”....even though red states use food stamps far more than their blue counterparts...damn parasites.
Let’s make sure and blow up the social safety net...enjoy your tax increases...enjoy the jump in insurance premiums.
Too bad we aren’t Hedge Fund managers right? ;)

"Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin openly conceded Friday that eliminating the estate tax does benefit the wealthy, despite President Trump's assertion that it was being cut in the tax reform framework to help farmers.

"Obviously, the estate tax, I will concede, disproportionately helps rich people," Mr. Mnuchin said at the Institute for International Finance conference in Washington, D.C.

But yeah....keep ignoring facts that you don’t like (Ewww, I don’t like your sources, I would rather watch the propaganda Fox and Brietbart vomit up)...surround yourself with only things that echo your own personal mental comfort...exactly like a true “snowflake” would be expected to behave.

Actually, the tax increases to the rich actually benefit them more for some reason (not actually sure how it works) tax reductions to businesses are supposed to inspire growth. The companies are supposed to use the extra money to hire more workers, expand business etc. In contrast, raising minimum wage to $15/hr causes companies to cut staff and hire part time so they don't have to pay benefits in order to make up the loss.

Canadian military had them briefly, but they didn't work out (for some reason the drill instructor didn't honor the program???) I got it first had from someone who was there... after I was already in for a few years...

Also, you get the people who just wanted a woman in the Whitehouse... although I'm not against that, HRC is a complete psycho and I say that without prejudice.

I feel like the stress card thing is the military's version of an urban legend. We didn't have them either in 98'. So I can only conclude these soft-ass Baby Boomers were the ones who had them haha.

Military went from hardcore after the war until the wage freeze 80's and got progressively worse.

I got this of a Can military website... I heard the cards existed briefly and it failed so badly in practice, students never used them again:

"It is more of an expression than a reality. I have, in fact, been yellow carded twice. That is the way I would describe it.

Was there a actual card involved? No.

Did it cause an intervention / semi-formal process? Yes.

Did it modify behaviour(s)? Yes."

--------

I think because it was short lived and idiotic they buried the program

I will not try to convince you otherwise, you are entitled to your opinion. But let me seize this opportunity to emphasize that I most completely, wholeheartedly disagree with you on this. People who identify with neither gender not only exist, but are one of the most marginalised communities there is in so many countries. We must do the utmost so that their fundamental rights are respected, worldwide.

Amen, I am now done with this thread.
https://www.joshuakennon.com/the-six-common-biological-sexes-in-humans/
http://www.who.int/genomics/gender/en/index1.html
http://scopeblog.stanford.edu/2015/02/24/sex-biology-redefined-genes-dont-indicate-binary-sexes/
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/q-a-mixed-sex-biology/

Like any good introvert, I like to read, so here is some reading material.
"Gender is the range of characteristics pertaining to, and differentiating between, masculinity and femininity. Depending on the context, these characteristics may include biological sex (i.e. the state of being male, female, or an intersex variation), sex-based social structures (including gender roles and other social roles), or gender identity.[1][2][3] People that do not identify as having a male or female gender are often grouped under the umbrella terms non-binary or genderqueer. Some cultures have specific gender roles that are distinct from male and female, such as the hijras of South Asia. These are often referred to as third gender.
My 11 year old son, who may or may not also be INFJ, and I were discussing just yesterday the dangers of dualistic thinking. Just as a general observation for all writers: you're, your, there, their, and they're.

Yay Science.

Too bad your name isn't Gene Hox, or I could have made a very lame joke about how Snowflakes are formed.

(For the non evo-devo people, hox genes control the body plan of an embryo. You know, so you don't end up like me, with your head up your ass. :p)

Basically you take any liberal and you have mostly snowflake. So it's not like you are being converted to snowflakism, it's that you subscribe to liberal ideas.
You know EH, you could have saved us a lot of time by just making a poll asking "Are you a liberal?", cause that's apparently your definition of a snowflake anyway.

You know EH, you could have saved us a lot of time by just making a poll asking "Are you a liberal?", cause that's apparently your definition of a snowflake anyway.
No really not. Only liberals can be snowflakes but not all liberals are snowflakes. Plus the whole premise was based on the article I quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.