Snowflakes | Page 29 | INFJ Forum

Snowflakes

Are you a snowflake given this definition?

• Yes, I am a snowflake

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • No, I am not a snowflake

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • I just love people, and prefer not to arbitrarily negatively label my fellow human beings

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is obvious that people already take them seriously. The government has slowly made changes favoring many of the groups you mentioned: Occupy Wall Street, Islam, protesters of all kinds, and the victims of your generation who were supposedly raised on participation trophies. They are at least serious enough that it has inspired you to make a thread about them... well to make a thread about what a main stream media hostess had to say about them. You haven't provided much commentary on the subject.

Yeah, but the part of the government you speak of are pedophiles, you really want to be associated with their agenda?

[/QUOTE]Ironically you are using Tomi Lahren as source material, a conservative snowflake.[/QUOTE]

Full article here:

https://thinkprogress.org/all-the-special-snowflakes-aaf1a922f37b/

Snowflake has snowballed.

Before last year, snowflake-as-slang lingered on the fringes of the lexicon. It was a largely non-partisan slight — a mean, though not hateful, dig at millennials perceived to have an outsize sense of their own individuality and, by extension, importance. Helicopter parented to the hilt, millennials supposedly graduated from college (into a dismal economy with unprecedented mountains of student debt) too coddled for this cruel world, ill-equipped to face life’s indignities with dignity.

1jkGozFFkRxCw6ci__A6fpQ-1.jpeg

But as 2016 dawned, snowflake made its way to the mainstream and, in the process, evolved into something more vicious. The insult expanded to encompass not just the young but liberals of all ages; it became the epithet of choice for right-wingers to fling at anyone who could be accused of being too easily offended, too in need of “safe spaces,” too fragile.

You can see this linguistic evolution play out on Urban Dictionary: The 2008 definition of snowflake was “a person who think they are OMGUNIQUE!, but is, in fact, just like everyone else.” That was redefined in May of 2016 as “an overly sensitive person, incapable of dealing with any opinions that differ from their own. These people can often be seen congregating in ‘safe zones’ on college campuses.” A more aggressive definition went up the following month: “An entitled millenial SJW-tard who runs to her “safe space” to play with stress toys and coloring books when she gets ‘triggered” by various innocuous “microsaggressions’ [sic].”

1EXrHu38ssYjj11o-4ySqDg-1.png

fight club:

That use very likely has its genesis in Chuck Palahniuk's 1996 cult-favorite book Fight Club, in which a member of the anti-consumerist Project Mayhem tells the other members:

"You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone, and we are all part of the same compost pile."

Reactions: Eventhorizon
Yeah, but the part of the government you speak of are pedophiles, you really want to be associated with their agenda?
How am I all of a sudden associated with them? Are you totally fucked or what?

Reactions: acd and Reason
I think that if I were anyone in the Democratic party, if I were truly concerned with racism in America, I would have looked at my own party and said "Well there's no coming back from our racist roots in a way that won't be taken as a complete slap in the face to anyone concerned with it", and started from scratch. I mean your foundation IS racism. You can't get away from it.

Yes, but the pendulum swings, when liberals get the change they want, they become conservatives and the conservatives become liberals. My concern is that the snowflakes who require safe spaces will be completely unprepared when the harsh realities of life truly start to come into focus. You can give a man a fish and... I don't think anyone here is truly a snowflake, they would have already been triggered and run off to their safe spaces because they can't handle the micro aggressions.

Reactions: Skarekrow
Uh... "democracy/democratic" existed long before the political party of the same name did. It's a very basic thing. And yeah, the US is a republic, but guess what, the two things aren't mutually exclusive - the US is a democratic republic. That's an extremely obvious fact, one of the most basic things anyone could possibly know about this country.

A democracy is "a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives." How could you possibly dispute that this applies to the US? It's mind-boggling.

In theory, maybe, but in reality I think we all know that's not really the case...

How am I all of a sudden associated with them? Are you totally fucked or what?

<shrugs> just sayin', truth is sometimes difficult to hear and I think a lot of people don't want to hear it.

P.S. didn't say specifically you, but the agenda as supported...

Yes, but the pendulum swings, when liberals get the change they want, they become conservatives and the conservatives become liberals. My concern is that the snowflakes who require safe spaces will be completely unprepared when the harsh realities of life truly start to come into focus. You can give a man a fish and... I don't think anyone here is truly a snowflake, they would have already been triggered and run off to their safe spaces because they can't handle the micro aggressions.
Hardly. The kkk can't become the righteous for minority issues one day and no one question it.

Reactions: the
Hardly. The kkk can't become the righteous for minority issues one day and no one question it.

Give it 100 years or they might go by different name... People are already tearing downstatues, banning books... The youngest generation will be lucky if they learn about WW1. History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes...

I'm not talking about vigilantes, I'm talking about when the left finally get all the things they are fighting for, they will become conservative because they will want to keep what they have fought for. Conservatives will become liberals because they will want to change something about the status quo. I can't picture what it will be like but it happens...

Last edited:
too*
Sorry to break it to you, but even if you were a good debater, I'd have to disagree with you. You don't understand reality at all. Men can only understand their perception of what surrounds them

I'll have you know he's not just a good debater, he is a master debater and stop correcting him, he's also a cunning linguist!

<shrugs> just sayin', truth is sometimes difficult to hear and I think a lot of people don't want to hear it.

P.S. didn't say specifically you, but the agenda as supported...

What truth is that exactly?And what agenda?

Let's recap.
We went from justifying the actions that "snowflakes " take, one justification is that the government now takes their issues more seriously (mission accomplished). To the government consisting entirely of pedophiles... so what's your point here?

Is your point that since snowflakes manipulated the system to get what they want and that it somehow doesn't count because the government is a bunch of pedophiles? I'm gonna push back and say it counts more to get a win from a bunch of shitty people, than a bunch of open-minded, good-hearted people.

Reactions: Wyote
You mean the same KKK who was marching along side the Neo-Nazis at the “Unite the Right” torch carrying rally that turned deadly when some conservative asshole ran people over with his car and then Trump dismissed them as “some very good people”?
Of course that dude wasn’t a terrorist...just immigrants.
So brilliant!

*sigh*

(I’ll post the whole article in my thread later)

Just something that certain people here might find interesting to read and/or incorporate into their thought process possibly?

What truth is that exactly?And what agenda?

Let's recap.
We went from justifying the actions that "snowflakes " take, one justification is that the government now takes their issues more seriously (mission accomplished). To the government consisting entirely of pedophiles... so what's your point here?

Is your point that since snowflakes manipulated the system to get what they want and that it somehow doesn't count because the government is a bunch of pedophiles? I'm gonna push back and say it counts more to get a win from a bunch of shitty people, than a bunch of open-minded, good-hearted people.

Nope... totally legimate win, but I'm not really willing to discuss it further, so you win :)

Reactions: Wyote
You mean the same KKK who was marching along side the Neo-Nazis at the “Unite the Right” torch carrying rally that turned deadly when some conservative asshole ran people over with his car and then Trump dismissed them as “some very good people”?
Of course that dude wasn’t a terrorist...just immigrants.
So brilliant!

I don't think we are saying there aren't douchbags on the extreme right, there are absolutely, but I think we are currently discussing the douchbags on the far left. I think the point is that the whole point is that snowflakes are trying to convince a generation that when the going gets tough, go to your safe space. They tried stress cards in the military, when you were stressed out you put a red card and the drill instructor was supposed to take it easy on you. The enemy, robber, rapist whatever, is not gonna care if your triggered and you need to go to your safe space... Are there douchebags on the right, absolutely, but I'm curious I never got a look at the driver of that car, anybody get a name or read a non politized article about the driver that wasn't speculating? Certainly, was a huge media win for the left! The driver should switch sides...

Status
Not open for further replies.