Snowflakes | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Snowflakes

Are you a snowflake given this definition?

• Yes, I am a snowflake

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • No, I am not a snowflake

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • I just love people, and prefer not to arbitrarily negatively label my fellow human beings

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's almost as if people of similar beliefs want to agree with E.H. but they just can't quite do it because they don't want to be publically associated with all the craziness that goes along with it. Like there are conservatives on this site who aren't completely inflexible and divorced from reality who agree with parts of what E.H. says but can't get over how unfair he's being to everyone.

I think your being unfair, no one agrees with everyone 100% all of the time. By saying stuff like this you are reinforcing his view of things. I don't see an argument presented, I see you commenting on a person and not in a nice way.

They want the world to be a safe place.

tattly_mike_lowery_boo_who_web_design_01_grande-480x480.jpg

I think your being unfair, no one agrees with everyone 100% all of the time. By saying stuff like this you are reinforcing his view of things. I don't see an argument presented, I see you commenting on a person and not in a nice way.
Oh I had my fun, you might have missed it but I didn't start out like this with him, he drove me to it by being totally impervious to information.

Oh I had my fun, you might have missed it but I didn't start out like this with him, he drove me to it by being totally impervious to information.
Now you see! Lolol when you tried to discuss things in earnest with him and reprimanded others for their impatience when you first joined I was like, "Oh, he's goona learn!"

Thus the cycle begins anew. /David Attenborough narration.

Any other forum, he'd be banned as a troll by now.

Last edited:
but if he really is a troll, then I'd kiss his feet

Now you see! Lolol when you tried to discuss things in earnest with him and reprimanded others for their impatience when you first joined I was like, "Oh, he's goona learn!"
In retrospect everyone's impatience and insults make a lot more sense now. But I regret nothing, I gave it a fair try but there just isn't any intellect there. It's like arguing with a pre-recorded message nothing can or will ever change in all likelihood.

Just take a look at the threads created by him...sure free speech is great, he can start any thread he wants...but the majority of his own are to anger, discriminate, spread hate and be insulting needlessly.

... but yet by being here you are giving him a voice. I see an uncomfortable subject brought the fore to encourage discussion and debate, but again you attacking a person, not his beliefs. EH got you and 14 others to come to the table... more people then came to my thread, personally I think he has a gift. Controversy always draws a crowd.

Reactions: Skarekrow and Wyote
... but yet by being here you are giving him a voice. I see an uncomfortable subject brought the fore to encourage discussion and debate, but again you attacking a person, not his beliefs. EH got you and 14 others to come to the table... more people then came to my thread, personally I think he has a gift. Controversy always draws a crowd.
u wot

No, that is physical sex. Gender is a mental characteristic. And I guarantee you that gender fluidity does exist, as my oldest child has struggled with it for years. You don't know what goes on inside other people's minds, so you can not tell them that the way their mind functions "doesn't exist". That's similar to telling someone with depression that it doesn't exist because it's "all in their head", (not that I consider questioning ones gender identity as a mental illness, because it's not) instead of a change in the chemical pathways in the brain. Just because you personally don't experience it, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

Funny, you did make the comparison... and if, using your words.

"You don't know what goes on inside other people's minds, so you can not tell them that the way their mind functions "doesn't exist". "

How can you tell the difference between mental illness and "the way their mind functions"?

To use an extreme example, what if the mental faculties associated with being a serial killer is just the way their mind functions? Do we have a right to label it a mental illness?

P.S. Good explanation between sex and gender, In Thailand, they recognize a 3rd gender in ladyboys, they have specific name for it in thai, can't remember it offhand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote

"You don't know what goes on inside other people's minds, so you can not tell them that the way their mind functions "doesn't exist". "

How can you tell the difference between mental illness and "the way their mind functions"?

To use an extreme example, what if the mental faculties associated with being a serial killer is just the way their mind functions? Do we have a right to label it a mental illness?
Serial killers kill people, LGBT people make some other people FEEL uncomfortable it is an unacceptable deviation to go around stabbing other people, but fuck peoples' comfort level it's not anyone's job to manage that.

If you're debating whether or not they should be in the funny farm, I vote they go to prison.

Reactions: James

I think you're trying to make that into something it clearly wasn't. As for the serial killer part. That's really not even debatable, is it ?

Sorry if that isn't fair to serial killers. Or you.

Reactions: Free, Wyote and acd
Serial killers kill people, LGBT people make some other people FEEL uncomfortable it is an unacceptable deviation to go around stabbing other people, but fuck peoples' comfort level it's not anyone's job to manage that.

That is irrelevant, I asked if we have the right to label it a mental illness and you justified your answer with bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.