Snowflakes | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Snowflakes

Are you a snowflake given this definition?

• Yes, I am a snowflake

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • No, I am not a snowflake

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • I just love people, and prefer not to arbitrarily negatively label my fellow human beings

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're debating whether or not they should be in the funny farm, I vote they go to prison.

Actually, isn't a question of fault? It's a question of whether or not it's the way they are or a mental illness, but it seems people are getting sidetracked by the fact he is a serial killer.

If people are affected by their bias to such a degree how can they possibly know what is right for someone with gender issues if they are biased.

Reactions: Wyote
but if he really is a troll, then I'd kiss his feet

In retrospect everyone's impatience and insults make a lot more sense now. But I regret nothing, I gave it a fair try but there just isn't any intellect there. It's like arguing with a pre-recorded message nothing can or will ever change in all likelihood.

It's a hell of a schtick. Perhaps on par with KenM in terms of dedication to acting so oblivious and certain.

See Heel as it applies to pro wrestling.

"To gain heat (with boos and jeers from the audience), heels are often portrayed as behaving in an immoral manner by breaking rules or otherwise taking advantage of their opponents outside the bounds of the standards of the match. Others do not (or rarely) break rules, but instead exhibit unlikeable, appalling and deliberately offensive and demoralizing personality traits such as arrogance, cowardice or contempt for the audience. Many heels do both, cheating as well as behaving nastily. No matter the type of heel, the most important job is that of the antagonist role, as heels exist to provide a foil to the face wrestlers. If a given heel is cheered over the face, a promoter may opt to turn that heel to face or the other way around, or to make the wrestler do something even more despicable to encourage heel heat.

Common heel behavior includes cheating to win (e.g. using the ropes for leverage while pinning or attacking with foreign objects while the referee is looking away), employing dirty tactics such as blatant chokes or raking the eyes, attacking other wrestlers backstage, interfering with other wrestlers' matches, insulting the fans or city they are in (referred to as "cheap heat") and acting in a haughty or superior manner.[4]

More theatrical heels would feature dramatic outfits giving off a nasty or otherwise dangerous look, such as wearing corpse paint over their faces, putting on demonic masks, covering themselves in dark leather and the like. Gorgeous George is regarded as the father of the wrestling gimmick and by extension the heel gimmick. Starting in the 1940s, he invented an extravagant, flamboyant "pretty boy" gimmick who wore wavy blonde hair, colorful robes and ritzy outfits and was accompanied by beautiful valets to the ring for his matches. The crowd widely jeered his persona and came out to his matches in hopes of seeing him defeated. He in turn relished in it and exploded in to the one of the most famous (and hated) heels not only of his era, but of all time."

20a3dfd6a0c2fe832c0e063bf838fbaa--personal-history-aft.jpg

Guys, hold on.

Goldstein, what is it you're actually asking here? I think we may be misunderstanding each other here.
Pssst @Emanuel Goldstein , this is where you explain your position so we can actually have a conversation instead of making fun of each other.

Conservatives have a much stronger response to threatening stimuli (actual or perceived). They want the world to be a safe place. Safety is at the top of the list for them. It's why they have no prob spending billions on military without a thought on healthcare or education until those two areas directly start to impact their lives. They need familiarity and order. Anyone deviating from their norm is a perceived threat in some way. They do everything they can to avoid feeling uncomfortable. It used to be homosexuals that terrified them. Now, it's transgendered individuals. There isn't a lot of room in the conservative worldview for those deviating from conventions to coexist with dignity.
But ironically they don't seem to value "safe spaces". You must face the danger of disagreement, or else!!!

They demand society is one big safe space.
Seems both sides are craving safety. I think there must be more nuance to it.

Reactions: Wyote
Status
Not open for further replies.