Slavic Cultural Stuff & THings | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Slavic Cultural Stuff & THings

Aw c’mon man stick around. This thread is awesome and a couple political posts are not going to dent the slav swag.

Exactly. And besides, that's American politics. European politics are... well, ok not that much better either. :unhappy:

Let's focus on what brings people together in a positive way.

Can we get real for a second amid all the folk dancing? I know what you're here for.

The Polish Winged Hussars
View attachment 56532

(The armour here featured as a design element in some sci-fi miniatures I sculpted at one time. They're too cool.)

Like cool looking but terribly heavy and impractical armor. :sweatsmile:

It is bad ass, though!

And churches made out of human skulls

Kudowa_Zdr%C3%B3j_kaplicaczaszek.JPG

Outside of the Skull Chapel

Skull-Chapel-Kaplica-Czaszek-Poland-main-alter-963.jpg

Inside the freaky deaky chapel

I actually find slavic myths quite fascinating, as well as different folk medicines. Although pharmaceutical use is on the rise, you still get people relying on the old school remedies. You got a cough or a sore throat? Boil some hyssop tea. Stress? Lemon balm tea or valerian root. Got a cold? Garlic, garlic, garlic.

I feel like that might be non-American culture in general, though...

Last edited:
I actually find slavic myths quite fascinating, as well as different folk medicines.
I think because it never got codified in quite the same way as the Norse, &c., it carries a greater sense of mystery, which in addition to it seeming to originate from much nearer the Indo-European urheimat (original home), feels more primordial and elemental somehow.

Fuk :flushed:

Hold on, wait. Are you disappointed?

What were you expecting? More deliberately 'Slavic' design elements?

Yep. I thought they'd lean a little more into the books. It's a creepier vibe.

But I'm not disappointed, I expected as much. I'm in it for the story more. I'm curious to see what they tell!

The number of apologies I deserve and have yet to receive is insurmountable lol
Good luck to you. I hope Stu shows his kind heart in this case.

In philosophy of law and politics, we have the concept of an actor. The complaint here is that it is both contextually inappropriate and offencive for the office in question.
Now, you are a moderator here, and seem to take things personally. This complaint have very solid grounds, here are my sincerest appoligies, but I agree that this is too far.
The political actor may not have wanted this particular focus while dealing with conflicts in the middles east, irrespective of potential gains for anyone involved.
My spelling errors set aside, I hope you get the point, this is actually impersonal as the complain is valid given political circumstance.

Where the point is that there is valid grounds to take personal offence just for the office involved.

Not that you remark isn't valid, but in this case, I think the complain is as well.

Last edited:
Now, you are a moderator here, and seem to take things personally.

Yea I am definitely a person. Thanks for noticing.
As for the rest of the stuff you've written, I have no idea what you're talking about.

As for the rest of the stuff you've written, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Edited in a few more details and nuances, and great that you answered quickly, but in this case it didn't benefit me.
It's strictly speaking the Trump and Stu and whaynot complain, all else being equal, it is funny, just not in this thread.
So perhaps a minimum would be to fork it to a seperate one?

I've cooled off (did the ol' IT kickback), and I'm glad that there is still discussion on the matter.

I did not know that there was different rules applied to Threads and Blogs, and that's why I assumed that placing a thread under the subfolder for Culture and Travel, was the right choice.

I also need to explain why the messages are so disgusting. I get it, that people have their opinions about politics, but in this case especially, it is offensive. It is offensive in its implications of Bigotry, Racism, Child Abuse, and so on. Anybody would have been fired from their job having made such comments.

I don't know where everyone is from, but I am from the United States. And what people from other places may not realize, is that we have been inundated with this rhetoric for over a decade. We have had to endure this 24/7 where we cannot even turn on a radio, tv, or internet without this stuff being crammed down our throats. And the American people are sick of it. Anybody Right of Karl Marx has had it. I've had it, and will not allow it in my life.

I also need to explain why the messages are so disgusting. I get it, that people have their opinions about politics, but in this case especially, it is offensive. It is offensive in its implications of Bigotry, Racism, Child Abuse, and so on. Anybody would have been fired from their job having made such comments.

I don't know where everyone is from, but I am from the United States. And what people from other places may not realize, is that we have been inundated with this rhetoric for over a decade. We have had to endure this 24/7 where we cannot even turn on a radio, tv, or internet without this stuff being crammed down our throats. And the American people are sick of it. Anybody Right of Karl Marx has had it. I've had it, and will not allow it in my life.

I don't know what you're referring to or why you are quoting me speaking to Ifur

I don't know what you're referring to or why you are quoting me speaking to Ifur
@Wyote I've contacted @Stu to remove offensive and inapropriate material from this cultural thread. @Stu has decided to make it political

"Its not a blog, its history and culture, The Russians are targeting our culture everyday. You clearly stated your belief that the president was being maligned by the MSM when in fact he is lying about his motivations and actions.
So deal with it."

I would like the content removed so that the thread can move on as intended.