Slavic Cultural Stuff & THings | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Slavic Cultural Stuff & THings

Depends on the length of the stick shoved up your жопа. lol

Perogies are a nice peace offering, though.
images

I am Polish and Czech by heritage. My Babushka could speak Polish. She would make me some good slavic dinners. Don't ask me what they were called, but they often had a lot of cabbage.

Nice! :D

I love cabbage. My curse in life is that cabbage doesn't love me back. I adore bigos.

Last edited:
I make a mean bigos. :sunglasses:
When I moved to Arizona from Ohio, I thought I was never going to see this food ever again. But Luckily, where I moved, there is a traditional Polish bakery and restaurant, just a few blocks away. The bakery comes complete with a bunch of smiling round-faced babushkas.

Thank you, Lord.

If people haven't noticed in the music, there has been an explosion in Slavic Culturalism over the last decade or so. This of course, is directly related to the effects of certain EU policies. I don't want this thread to go negative, so I'll keep it at that.

Culture is beautiful, and even funny at times. I cherish these things, and find comfort in its exploration.

That would be a big fat Zero. Slavs usually are the ones who joke about their own culture. Who do you think invented the Polish Joke?
Depends on the length of the stick shoved up your жопа. lol

Perogies are a nice peace offering, though.

I'm glad we're on the same page here

Ahhh okay.

People are very sensitive about cultural appropriation nowadays so I wasn't entirely sure what the intended message of the image maker was.

As someone who grew up with those in the house I didn't see why the dress was offensive. :p

You can't be too careful. lol Did you have the curtains too?

Nah, all these memes are your pure ironic humor. I have a lot more but they lose when you have to translate or explain.

You can't be too careful. lol Did you have the firanki too?

Nah, all these memes are your pure ironic humor. I have a lot more but they lose when you have to translate or explain.

My grandma and aunt made them.

Here they're called šustikla or milje.

Still have some curtains made in the same style in the house.

People are very sensitive about cultural appropriation nowadays so I wasn't entirely sure what the intended message of the image maker was.
One of the main reasons I wanted to start a thread on this, is to dismiss the idea the "white people" do not have culture. I don't even know how that even got started, but this world is filled with all sorts of wonderful people and traditions.

One of the main reasons I wanted to start a thread on this, is to dismiss the idea the "white people" do not have culture. I don't even know how that even got started, but this world is filled with all sorts of wonderful people and traditions.

I think that's rather a New World thing where racial identity supersedes the cultural one.

The way Americans think about race, culture etc is very strange to me.

I think that's rather a New World thing where racial identity supersedes the cultural one.

The way Americans think about race, culture etc is very strange to me.
Agreed. I always joke that the American tourist likes to travel to other countries and tell the people there that they have very interesting accents.

That is a another good point as to why I wanted this thread.
Most American have lost their cultural heritage. It is in fact an entire continent of immigrants - barring the indigenous peoples. My mother grew up in Hamtramck Michigan, which was purely Polish at the time. But these communities are vanishing. It saddens me that it only seems that certain people are allowed to have culture in the US.

I don't want this thread to get dark so I will not dwell on this issue, but you made an excellent point.