Should we go to war with Russia to save the economy? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Should we go to war with Russia to save the economy?

I know about the US military-industrial complex and the hegemony of political ideology they have spent decades promoting and enforcing, basically the US are world bullies. Do Ukraine want Russia to invade them? No. Can we take anything Putin says as honest or truthful? No. If we let him take Ukraine, which country will be next? I'd rather live in USA (with all it's problems) than China or Russia. USA don't kill political opponents at home and abroad.

Reactions: Jexocuha
I know about the US military-industrial complex and the hegemony of political ideology they have spent decades promoting and enforcing, basically the US are world bullies. Do Ukraine want Russia to invade them? No. Can we take anything Putin says as honest or truthful? No. If we let him take Ukraine, which country will be next? I'd rather live in USA (with all it's problems) than China or Russia. USA don't kill political opponents at home and abroad.

There will be no one next, lol. He'd already be entering the NATO area. He cannot do anything. He won't be invading Baltics or Romania/Bulgaria anytime soon.

This is not about Ukraine. It's about Russia and NATO. Would US be happy if Russia was encouraging anti US sentiment in Canada...

Putin would rather destroy Ukraine than let it join NATO. And NATO promised to Russia that Ukraine will remain a buffer zone.

That's how I see it anyway.

Reactions: Jexocuha and Wyote
He won't be invading Baltics or Romania/Bulgaria anytime soon.

That's what Hitler said when he entered the Sudetenland in Czeckoslovakia. You might be right, who knows. He's already taken Crimea quite easily. We'll all suffer whatever, prices are all going up, as they were anyway.
Anyhow Boris Johnson models himself on his hero Churchill, so likely he'll put on some strong rhetoric to emulate his hero.

Reactions: Jexocuha and Wyote
Last edited:
Well, I don't know about war "saving the economy" being a realistic outcome of the current Eastern European conflict; however, I do know that cybersecurity stocks are hot right now out of fear of cyberattacks. This directly correlates with the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Reactions: aeon
I think the fallout, no pun intended, from the current situation is going to be big. In general, it seems the world is just going from one crisis to the next, and I can’t see this altering.
It’s like the genesis song, land of confusion…

“too many men
Too many people
Making too many problems
And not much love to go round
Can’t you see this is a land of confusion

Comparing the Russian government as the aggressor with Thanos from the Marvel cartoon universe will have its results. The Avengers also tried to fight back and won, but billions of people suffered, just like you said.
Yes, I know there are no superpowers in this world, but there are different kinds of weapons that can kill an entire country in one second. And that makes situations even scarier. I worry for those people who happen to fall under the capricious temper of the Ruler of Russia. It turns out that he considers everyone around him pawns on the chessboard, but it's not a game...

What is worse is that the west is going to do nothing and Putin as well whoever else is pulling the strings has already reasoned that the losses are acceptable meaning the sanctions are not going to do much of anything while the Russian people are left to pay the toll. For Europe as an whole this is just the tip of the iceberg that in time Putin will do the same to other former eastern block nations like Poland as the US is in decline and he has an huge advantage over nations like Germany and France as they are dependent on Russian gas to keep the lights on.

Mark my words that the next big flair up in the coming years will be in the middle east between Israel and Iran for which the US will get pulled into then later Russia as this will cause the next great oil crises for which would benefit Russia. In that time while the US is dealing with Iran China will invade Taiwan as the US will be stretched too thin to handle multiple crises of this scale at once. My guess that this could happen over the next couple of years or less and Putin only aided Iran up to this point with the expectation of there being conflict in the region only to invade at a later time when the US is at a huge loss.

What is worse is that the west is going to do nothing and Putin as well whoever else is pulling the strings has already reasoned that the losses are acceptable meaning the sanctions are not going to do much of anything while the Russian people are left to pay the toll. For Europe as an whole this is just the tip of the iceberg that in time Putin will do the same to other former eastern block nations like Poland as the US is in decline and he has an huge advantage over nations like Germany and France as they are dependent on Russian gas to keep the lights on.

Mark my words that the next big flair up in the coming years will be in the middle east between Israel and Iran for which the US will get pulled into then later Russia as this will cause the next great oil crises for which would benefit Russia. In that time while the US is dealing with Iran China will invade Taiwan as the US will be stretched too thin to handle multiple crises of this scale at once. My guess that this could happen over the next couple of years or less and Putin only aided Iran up to this point with the expectation of there being conflict in the region only to invade at a later time when the US is at a huge loss.
I think you greatly underestimate the firepower of the US. They are still a lot stronger than Russia. They could cripple Russia now if they wanted, although the spectre of nuclear weapons is always now the greatest fear.