Should we become selfish in our life? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Should we become selfish in our life?

I am able to grasp good ideas from here. Thank you sookie. :)

This thread was filtering of idea for me and you are filtering my ideas. Great, isn't it? :D

It is a beautiful thing! :m177:

Knee Crisis??? Oh no!! Are you hurt??? My mom broke both her knee caps three years ago...ifn ya need to talk about it...I know lots!:m123:
Entyqua., i think we should help SOOKIE. It is not good thing to hurt by knee hurt. Let's go to help her if she wanted. :m044:

I noticed.
I'm sorry. :hug:
Don't believe all that garbage.
Just be yourself. :hug:
Thanks! Roger was very kind and got me right back out of it! :D :m177:

that is why I LOVE THIS PLACE!!

Oh yeah...
I seen one of those discussions...
It made me so depressed I wanted to die.
I think there is such a thing as being over-analytical.
I'm not even going there again.

wow. i've had the same discussion and felt like it vindicated being a moral person even more.

Love this place and i will be back after some time, i have many important questions, i think i can share with forum's honest and loyal people. :D

wow. i've had the same discussion and felt like it vindicated being a moral person even more.
Doesn't sound like the same discussion. It goes like this: You are not a moral person. Everything you do is selfish because you benefit from it in some way. I don't remember the rest. I can't function remembering the rest.

Doesn't sound like the same discussion. It goes like this: You are not a moral person. Everything you do is selfish because you benefit from it in some way. I don't remember the rest. I can't function remembering the rest.
You do good things in your life, you get good feelings from it, therefore you are inherently a selfish person because your giving ultimately makes you feel good. :m097:

I was reading one book. I found something interesting and it is following:

Don't try to save this world, just try to save yourself. (it sounded like being little selfish for oneself, it is making me more confused)

Example i am thinking:
We never hear any of you say,

yes, but think about it, if true it means everything we do is mutually beneficial. it's a win win, no matter how much we sacrifice, because we get something at least psychologically valuable back from it. it advocates being a moral person because every "good" action you do would increase the overall amount of happiness in the world; no matter how much you were personally taxed, overall it would produce a net gain.
maybe I am looking at it wrong..

Reactions: Roger
How can we be anything but selfish? I don't see how it's possible.

Sorry i don't understand. Please can you tell me your question with more clarity?

Everything that we do, we do for some kind of gratification of ourselves. The world is evil. Humans only care about each other because we were programmed that way by biology because we are social animals.

Everything that we do, we do for some kind of gratification of ourselves. The world is evil. Humans only care about each other because we were programmed that way by biology because we are social animals.

Agree with you dragon. No doubt world is evil. But i want to say something to you, it depends on our insight, How we are watching this world, if we try to see them as evil, we will get them as evil. That's why i am thinking on that don't try to save this world, just save yourself.

I liked your second thing, we should take care of each other, because it gives us a lot of strength and sense of living on earth. Actually people take caring of others, they take this thing as selfless work. But it is actually we are doing for ourselves whether you believe it or no.

Today i was thinking on this subject: SELFISH.

I think, we should become selfish, a bit, selfish in such a way that doesn't harm anyone's feelings or expectations. If we are looking at others, taking care of them, nurturing relationship with them, then i think, there is a need to do these things to us. We should also look at ourselves.

I have seen, sometimes people try to give pleasure to others, and then after sometime they do complain about themselves, their friends are paying attention or not making them happy. What do you think what may be the reason behind this feeling?? Don't you think we should try to give pleasure to ourselves?

think about this, and tell me you are selfish in your life or no?

I have seen, sometimes people try to give pleasure to others, and then after sometime they do complain about themselves, their friends are paying attention or not making them happy. What do you think what may be the reason behind this feeling??

in my opinion the reason of that is the differences of personal understanding.

Don't you think we should try to give pleasure to ourselves?

I think we should.

Hmm, talking about close relations, I am not selfish, I always try to give the clearest understanding of myself and I am honestly want that other person would share him with me like I do. But sometimes it is very difficult to do, if it reaches more deep beliefs, which are a part of different thinking.

Yes, because if you don't care about your life; who will?

Selfish has a very bad connotation in our society and in my opinion, makes a lot of passive-aggressive people out there.

Selfish can be a very good thing because if you're doing things because you want to then imagine that in all other areas of life? Helping others because you want to? loving someone because you want to? donating because you want to? going to school because you want to? becoming a doctor because you want to? etc.

The worst thing is when people do things when they don't want to, so they submit and later on become resentful; doing things they really don't want to do.

I am very selfish and I treat myself good! That doesn't mean I neglect the world or people around me, it means I give more priority to me because after all, I am only in control of me. :)

Look i am responding to your questions in bold letters.

I have seen, sometimes people try to give pleasure to others, and then after sometime they do complain about themselves, their friends are paying attention or not making them happy. What do you think what may be the reason behind this feeling??
This is complaint. They are dependent on others for their happiness. They can't recognize this small things because their focus is totally on others, not on themselves. Lack of focus on themselves makes them unhappy. True happiness lies within themselves, they should try to understand this.

in my opinion the reason of that is the differences of personal understanding.
Agree

Don't you think we should try to give pleasure to ourselves?
Yes, we should, but remember count yourself too. Don't miss yourself.

I think we should.

I can't say i am 100% selfless, i am somewhat. But now majority errors related to selfish, i have corrected them. I replace those hurtful selfish thoughts with selfless thought. I will remain selfish for myself, it is guaranteed it will not hurt anyone or myself. Living life with detached manner, no attachment which can make me feel bad or sad.

Hmm, talking about close relations, I am not selfish, I always try to give the clearest understanding of myself and I am honestly want that other person would share him with me like I do. But sometimes it is very difficult to do, if it reaches more deep beliefs, which are a part of different thinking.
Personally, i appreciate your thinking and your try for your close relations. Just my experience is saying you, stay on the course, Don't give up. This will lead you to true happiness.

Yes, because if you don't care about your life; who will?

Selfish has a very bad connotation in our society and in my opinion, makes a lot of passive-aggressive people out there.

Selfish can be a very good thing because if you're doing things because you want to then imagine that in all other areas of life? Helping others because you want to? loving someone because you want to? donating because you want to? going to school because you want to? becoming a doctor because you want to? etc.

The worst thing is when people do things when they don't want to, so they submit and later on become resentful; doing things they really don't want to do.

I am very selfish and I treat myself good! That doesn't mean I neglect the world or people around me, it means I give more priority to me because after all, I am only in control of me. :)

Similar thoughts. :)

I think it is less about needing to be selfish.

The simple fact of the matter is that we do not respect ourselves at times.

Consider that you are a completely different person, just another friend of yours, you KNOW that you will never be able to give this friend up, no matter how much they hurt you. So... Why not take care of your friend, give them the respect they deserve, and give them something nice every once in a while? And of course, take care of them when they need it.

You don't have to be self centered to achieve this in my opinion.

Words I need to hear. Often.