Shanghai lockdown | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Shanghai lockdown

If you want to get vaxxed and boosted then go for it, but thats not your place to push it with fear of insurance not covering your med bills that could be 900k - million if your not vaxxed. Thats manipulation.

Well, I was never actually pushing in earnest, but I get your point. At the same time, that’s not my carrot and stick—it is one that’s out there. I don’t like it, but the healthcare system in the US doesn’t owe me jack, lol.

People might look up to you and use your opinion to be the deciding factor.

Yep, same as anyone else really. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What if it hurts them Ian?

That would be unfortunate, but as with all things in life, there’s no guarantees.

The side effects being documented and reported about those effected is a horror show.

Of course they are, because that’s what you get with mass use of any medication or vaccine. That’s the nature of biological response—it is varied. Does everyone experience a significant side-effect? No...in fact, most do not. Some have, and will, and this is to be expected across a wide cohort. That’s how things work.

So use becomes a question of willingness to bear risk and the numbers behind risk of given consequences, one way or the other. It’s always been that way. In all things in life, really. There’s the typical outcome, yet some have remarkable outcomes.

I just wonder what your stance is at this point, considering the data that has come since and how it is all playing out. Are you still of the lab rat mentality?

For myself, yes, absolutely. I’ve always been that way, since I was a child, and I don’t see my curiosity changing in this lifetime.

For others, having looked at the data that has come since, my stance has not changed, because while the odds have shifted, their positions have not. The end calculation remains the same.

For what it is worth, I’ve never had COVID, nor has any member of my immediate family, or my roommate. The only people I know who got COVID, and the only people (3) I know who died—none of them were vaccinated. No one I know that has been vaccinated has experienced any significant side effect. Some of the people I know who got COVID have experienced long-term side effects, some of them significant enough to be life-changing.

And yes, I am also aware anecdotes ≠ data, so do with that last paragraph what you like. To be fair, I likely know less people than most, or so it would seem.

Cheers,
Ian

Well, I was never actually pushing in earnest, but I get your point. At the same time, that’s not my carrot and stick—it is one that’s out there. I don’t like it, but the healthcare system in the US doesn’t owe me jack, lol.

Yep, same as anyone else really. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That would be unfortunate, but as with all things in life, there’s no guarantees.

Of course they are, because that’s what you get with mass use of any medication or vaccine. That’s the nature of biological response—it is varied. Does everyone experience a significant side-effect? No...in fact, most do not. Some have, and will, and this is to be expected across a wide cohort. That’s how things work.

So use becomes a question of willingness to bear risk and the numbers behind risk of given consequences, one way or the other. It’s always been that way. In all things in life, really. There’s the typical outcome, yet some have remarkable outcomes.

For myself, yes, absolutely. I’ve always been that way, since I was a child, and I don’t see my curiosity changing in this lifetime.

For others, having looked at the data that has come since, my stance has not changed, because while the odds have shifted, their positions have not. The end calculation remains the same.

For what it is worth, I’ve never had COVID, nor has any member of my immediate family, or my roommate. The only people I know who got COVID, and the only people (3) I know who died—none of them were vaccinated. No one I know that has been vaccinated has experienced any significant side effect. Some of the people I know who got COVID have experienced long-term side effects, some of them significant enough to be life-changing.

And yes, I am also aware anecdotes ≠ data, so do with that last paragraph what you like. To be fair, I likely know less people than most, or so it would seem.

Cheers,
Ian
Fair enough, I respect your right to choose what best for you Ian.

Reactions: aeon
Pretty wild they are still doing this, imagine drenching all of NYC or London in disinfectant.

Ominous

May as well give it a theme.

The bamboo blooming feels like a genuine bad indicator. I feel that those from long ago paid close attention to the signals in nature because they are reliable.

btw @Moranga if you wanna throw down in some MK you'd be facing off against this dynamic duo.
They're both Chinese so probably a bit preoccupied at the moment :thonking:
Also haven't played in years though and have always been pretty mediocre at it.
Big fan of Scorpion and Erron Black too though.
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Moranga and aeon
btw @Moranga if you wanna throw down in some MK you'd be facing off against this dynamic duo.
They're both Chinese so probably a bit preoccupied at the moment :thonking:
Also haven't played in years though and have always been pretty mediocre at it.
Big fan of Scorpion and Erron Black too though.
hqdefault.jpg
I would man, but I dont play video games anymore. the main video game I actually learned and played to any extent was Call Of Duty. It was the Human vs Human aspect. You used to be able to play in a lobby with the same people until you choose to leave. This mattered to me because you need time in figuring out how the others styles and patterns and coming up with ways to beat them. It was fun b/c allowed for a deeper gaming experience, but now it auto shuffles the lobbies with new players each game. I quit playing much 3-4 releases back b/c the main things I liked about it are no longer part of it.

Reactions: aeon and Wyote
I hate to think what it will be like should this be the US

In polite company, it will be described as “a complete fucking shitstorm.”

And like the 1%er who will say it, it will speak to 1% of it.

Buckle Up,
Ian

You make baby jesus cry

:grinning:There is a new "game" I am just learning to play but very new to it. It caught my interest after stumbling across this Documentary about it.

Reactions: Wyote and aeon

On May 22 Covid Treaty vote will take place. This will give the WHO authority over those 192 nations in the event of a new pandemic. Who is the Chosen One who will be voting for our sovereignty? Nobody knows and they weren't elected.

This comes at a time where there has been rumors going around that cancer has Putin and knowing the nature of dictators the behavior for the past couple of months should explain a lot.