Self-Care: What have you done for you lately? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Self-Care: What have you done for you lately?

UK accents vary massively. Mines a mix of Manchester and Liverpool (scouse) because I live in a town between the two cities. “Wuh-tah” sounds like cockney (London).

So is "scouse" the mixture of Manchester and Liverpool, or just Liverpool? Yes, cockney - it's like that really pompous and "proh-pah".

You've probably seen this - it went viral around the holidays, but talking about British accents got me thinking about it again.

I’ve just said “water” to myself about 10 times and the closest I can get In text is “war-tuh”

I’m fact saying “war-tah” in an American accent is probably wrong you would probably have to say “wor-tah”. You pronounce war differently lol

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: The American accent would mostly be "wah-ter". Actually, we don't even pronounce the "T" like a "T" so it would probably be more like wadder.

*Edit because some of my message went missing after I posted. Weird.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: The American accent would mostly be "wah-ter". Actually, we don't even pronounce the "T" like a "T" so it would probably be more like wadder.

Hahaha yes this! It’s definitely more wah-ter or wah-tur.

Our r’s are more defined towards the end too.

Waaahhhh-turrrrrr :D

So is "scouse" the mixture of Manchester and Liverpool, or just Liverpool? Yes, cockney - it's like that really pompous and "proh-pah".

You've probably seen this - it went viral around the holidays, but talking about British accents got me thinking about it again.

*Edit because some of my message went missing after I posted. Weird.

Scouse is just Liverpool. It’s a very very strong accent.

I will try and find someone on YouTube who has a similar accent to me.

The kid in the video is what is call “posh” English he will be from down south somewhere. They guy is southern but slightly more cockney but not full on cockney

I sound like Kyle Clark

That seems like a pretty good example of how most Americans sound. Over yonder in my neck of the woods, people sound more like:

Mine isn't nearly that bad though. :sweatsmile:

Yes! That's exactly how it's done in America! :tearsofjoy: Now I'm going to have to watch more videos by him. That was intense...I actually jumped back in my chair at 0:06.

Of course! :blush: Even if you can't see it right now, know that others can. I know that only helps so much because self-worth, as implied, must come from the self. Believe me, I too have ghosts of the past so I think I understand how you must be feeling. It was only in the last couple of years or so that I've gotten far enough along in my trauma recovery to find my own self-worth, -love, and -care. I won't claim to know exactly what your experience is, but I do know my own and I know that it's an extremely painful feeling.

Something that helped me that may or may not be so for you was when a mentor prompted me to make a list of all the negative beliefs I held about myself. I remember writing things like unlovable, unattractive, damaged/broken, useless, unworthy, lacking inherent value, stupid, untalented; the list could go on and on. Once done though, she asked me if I would say any of those things to someone I love, say a friend or family member. I looked at her like she was crazy and said something along the lines of "No never!" She asked me why not and I said, "Because those are just awful, cruel things to say to anyone, let alone someone you love and care about". The response she gave me was so simple, yet so revolutionary: "Then why on earth would you say those things to yourself?" That was a huge turning point in my own realization that a lot of the ongoing victimization I was experiencing at the time was being perpetuated by me. Indeed, you're a magnificent creature no less deserving of love and care than anyone else you hold dear. When you truly believe this, you'll forgive yourself for having been so hard on you, you'll throw away the Old Tapes of Negative Self-Talk and rewrite your truth, and you'll feel your heart breathe a sigh of relief and thank you for being its friend. It's not easy, no, not by a mile. But it is possible. If I can crawl out of the hole I was in, I believe most anyone can. Only I can know how oppressive it was, but suffice it to say getting out of that loop is by far one of the most rewarding and loving things I've ever done for myself. And I wish the same for you, I really do.:<3yellow:

Sorry for answering a bit late to this (tired, eh lol). ♥ I don't think about the bullying anymore (trauma from the past), but it's kinda like the bullies would still be here and whispering to my ear bad things about myself, anything bad. How horrible, unlovable, weak or stupid I am. Even if getting a compliment from someone, I can't trust it's a real compliment, that someone really means it. Like they (bullies) would still be there next to me, it's just crazy. >< Every good thing that ever happens to me... I think ''No, this must be some kind of weird luck'' not really believing in myself, that I'm actually worth it and deserve it (like my current job for example).

Aww yeah. I could never speak so negatively to someone I love, but I do it to myself constantly. I'm sooo glad you've gotten out of that dark and lonely hole. :hug: Maybe someday I can too...

Thank you, I appreciate it a lot. ♥

@flower you are a beautiful flower I’m here for you too, if you ever need a shoulder to cry on. I don’t judge anyone :hug:

Aw thank you. :hug:

This is full on scouse:

This is like me (actually a guy who went to my school and now plays rugby ):

I understood about 93% of that...and what I didn't exactly understand by the accent, I figured out by context. Not saying we wouldn't still ask you to repeat yourself just so we can hear you talk more. :laughing:

For me it is allowance to pursue those things that bring more joy in my life. It can be a weekend with Netflix maraton, a trip to visit a friend or going to a raveparty. What ever it is that I feel I would love to do or to step out of my ordinary comfort zone, I allow myself to truly experience it without any regrets or self-limits.

When it comes to the basics, I maintain a regular exercise routine, eat as healthy as I can but also allow myself to enjoy some poison and junk food every now and then. But the most important thing is to set clear boundaries where me ends and others begin. I am not responsible for anyone else’s happiness and contenment. I avoid gossip like a plague and spend my time with people who are open and self-aware. If there is something that can fuck you up, it is trying to be too nice for everyone and sacrificing your own needs for others.

Life as a single is a blessing once you learn to know yourself and enjoy aloneness. All that energy you now have can be used to reinforce your own well-being and harmony in anyanner you please without having to worry to hurt someone else’s feelings.

Eat, sleep, exercise and have a blast! You are here for the ride so make sure that you make the best of your precious time. We regret the most those things we did not do. Not those which we did. :)

For me it is allowance to pursue those things that bring more joy in my life. It can be a weekend with Netflix maraton, a trip to visit a friend or going to a raveparty. What ever it is that I feel I would love to do or to step out of my ordinary comfort zone, I allow myself to truly experience it without any regrets or self-limits.

When it comes to the basics, I maintain a regular exercise routine, eat as healthy as I can but also allow myself to enjoy some poison and junk food every now and then. But the most important thing is to set clear boundaries where me ends and others begin. I am not responsible for anyone else’s happiness and contenment. I avoid gossip like a plague and spend my time with people who are open and self-aware. If there is something that can fuck you up, it is trying to be too nice for everyone and sacrificing your own needs for others.

Life as a single is a blessing once you learn to know yourself and enjoy aloneness. All that energy you now have can be used to reinforce your own well-being and harmony in anyanner you please without having to worry to hurt someone else’s feelings.

Eat, sleep, exercise and have a blast! You are here for the ride so make sure that you make the best of your precious time. We regret the most those things we did not do. Not those which we did. :)

Preach, brother!

giphy.gif

Reactions: TheFool
You should definitely do it! I have a good feeling about you :wink:

Hey Jamie, idk if you remember this or not, buuuuut....I DID IT! As soon as I got my certificate in the mail, I knew I had to share it here because believe it or not, your words gave me the push I needed. Thank you, Jamie! This has been helping me grow in ways you can't even imagine.
:<3blue:

InkedReiki Certificate_LI.jpg

Hey Jamie, idk if you remember this or not, buuuuut....I DID IT! As soon as I got my certificate in the mail, I knew I had to share it here because believe it or not, your words gave me the push I needed. Thank you, Jamie! This has been helping me grow in ways you can't even imagine.
:<3blue:

View attachment 57324

Ahhhh! Congrats soul!! This is amazing news!

Also it’s great to see you again! :) *hugs* :<3::<3:

Yayyyy!!! Congratulations @soulareclipse! Way to go!

:relaxed::relaxed::relaxed: Thank you so much, Asa! It's so much more rewarding than I thought possible. I had been entertaining the challenge of taking the Hero's Journey - MY Hero's Journey - so as to integrate my Shadow, then my Animus, through both of which I would reach, discover, and individuate my Authentic Self. A few weeks ago, I woke up one morning with "Forty Six & 2" by Tool stuck in my head so to cure it, I listened to it while getting ready for work. I've been listening to this song for 23 years and it's always been in the top 3 Tool songs, for me. Anyway, so I'm listening to this song like it's the first time I've ever heard it and tears were just streaming down my face and it hit me then - I was ready. Like Maynard loudly sings "NOW IS MY TIME", the fact that Reiki was the thing that was going to help me through my Shadow came sharply and urgently into focus, and I knew I was ready. Fear and uncertainty had been holding me back from stepping into my Shadow, but going into battle knowing you have a medic with you at all times goes a long way in terms of feeling courageous and protected, even in a war zone. Reiki would be my medic and I told my sensei about this during our first phone conversation later the same day, before I registered for her class.

I don't want to bore you with too many details or history about Reiki, but Holy Fire Reiki was just "discovered" in 2014. One major difference, among others, is that up to this point, Reiju (or the attunement process) was a ceremony performed by a Reiki Master to bring his/her student into alignment with, or attunement to, Ki - Life Force Energy. This required Reiki to flow through the Master first, then to the student. With Holy Fire III it became possible for a student to be attuned directly, no middle-man required. Now it's considered a "placement" rather than "attunement" because Reiki comes from Source directly to the student. The Master just provides the environment along with a guided meditation for the first half of the ceremony - then the other half is with no talking at all, just meditation. I've received 2 placements now, but after leaving the first one I felt...just fucking weird. Really strange feeling. "Good" and "bad" at the same time??? - completely drained and exhausted, yet energized and powerful at once. I took a shower thinking maybe I'd picked up some bad juju, but I just told myself to 'lean into the discomfort...stop trying to name it and just sit with it'. Afterwards I was sitting on the bed in my hotel watching Joe Rogan Experience (with Maynard on of all people) and realized I felt a presence - nothing around or outside of myself, but within me. I recognized it as the source of power I'd been feeling and knew it was a part of me that had always been there.

Shit this is long. Okay so next day in class, we're all talking about how we felt after the first day and I told my sensei about all that. As I did, she drew this:

thumbnail_IMG_5938.jpg

The "X" in the middle of the horizontal line is actually the point at which the arrows representing "good" and "bad" meet. Tears, man. Tears. I leaned forward, choking up, and said to her "Do you remember why I told you I'm here, why I wanted Reiki in my life?" She just smiled and nodded and told me that THAT is what Holy Fire Reiki does. It goes straight from Source and cuts clear through the Ego and the Shadow, directly to the "Highest Self", or Carl Jung's "Authentic Self". I thought shadow work was going to be a painful struggle that would take months, if not longer. I was scared of it. Now I'm not. I own my fear and therefore it no longer holds sway over me. Three days later, on 8.7, Tool released their first new song in 13 years - "Fear Inoculum". I listened to it and again, I cried. I went from "NOW IS MY TIME" to "Bless This Immunity" in a matter of days. I know for a fact that this is what I'm here for...I'm a healer. Always have been, but it had to start with me. Now, abundance. Gratitude of the highest order. This has become my mantra:

Metaphysician, Heal Thyself.

Mind: Blown. I'm never going to be the same again.

So when you say "congratulations", you're congratulating me for far more than you know. :relieved: Thank you for that, Asa.
:<3:

Last edited:
Ahhhh! Congrats soul!! This is amazing news!

Also it’s great to see you again! :) *hugs* :<3::<3:

Lol thank you Jenny! Mmmmmmwah I love you! I think of everyone here sooooo often! Give Jamie a little nudge for me so he sees this lol. Wouldn't want him to miss it. It really does mean a lot to me.
:<3:

@soulareclipse Soular!!! Long time no speak :openmouth::blush:

First off, a massive congratulations as that is a massive achievement! I think the biggest achievement though is the self-realisation and fulfilment of what I believe is your true destiny. I tend to be a very, very good judge of character and can usually tell very quickly when someone fits a certain bill. You most certainly screamed ‘healer’ to me straight away and I was correct (taking some credit here :tearsofjoy:).

It’s funny you talk about the synchronicity with the Tool songs playing. I tend to have that kind of thing happen to me a lot. Sometimes, it’s something that you wouldn’t think anything of but it’s when you feel something forcing your attention to it as something important. I remember a month before I signed up for this forum. I was sat in front of my TV but not really watching it because I was sat wondering if I’d ever find my soulmate and was a little upset that I’d been hurt by a previous ‘fling’ with a coworker. Anyhow, something suddenly made me focus intently on the TV and it was as if time had suddenly stood still. There was an advert playing and all I can remember is the women on the advert saying “Something amazing is coming soon”. It felt a little surreal and I knew straight away that ‘something’ wanted me to focus on those words and that my soulmate was close. A month later is when I signed up here and met @JennyDaniella, who I believe to be my soulmate and life partner.

Sorry, long story but this is just an example of these weird synchronistic moments that I also experience frequently.

Anyways, it’s great to see you again soular and I have no doubt you are going to go on to do amazing things as a healer! Keep us all informed of how things are working out ok? :blush: