Self-Care: What have you done for you lately? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Self-Care: What have you done for you lately?

Fair enough. Self-care means different things from one person to another so maybe this is your version of it. Just curious - do you ever worry that you'll spend all these years getting your life lined out just so, only to look back and feel you missed out on some of the more charming things in life?
Will I look back with regret because I didn't have enough fun as a young man?

Well... The way I see it lots of fun (that isn't professionally-related) could never be an option for me right now. I'm too poor, I have to work & study hard if I want to enjoy dating, beach trips, and museums.

YOUTOLDMEISHOULDHATEMYSELF!

Aww I just now saw this :laughing:! I'm sorry, Milkboat Tits, c'mere!

giphy.gif

Will I look back with regret because I didn't have enough fun as a young man?

Well... The way I see it lots of fun (that isn't professionally-related) could never be an option for me right now. I'm too poor, I have to work & study hard if I want to enjoy dating, beach trips, and museums.

Okay, that makes sense, although it feels a bit...cerebral. Then again, ENTJ. That's interesting because it sounds like you're not bored with it or anything, which is great! I tend to be more visceral, but then again, INFJ. Thankfully I'm a shit-ton more responsible than I was in my 20s, and I try to give reason and rationale more airtime in my decision-making process these days. I find that I'm actually happier and more content now that I'm more grounded and stable (professionally, financially, personally, in all the ways actually) so I suppose there's something to be said for taking an approach more similar to yours. All things in moderation, though.

Okay, that makes sense, although it feels a bit...cerebral. Then again, ENTJ. That's interesting because it sounds like you're not bored with it or anything, which is great! I tend to be more visceral, but then again, INFJ. Thankfully I'm a shit-ton more responsible than I was in my 20s, and I try to give reason and rationale more airtime in my decision-making process these days. I find that I'm actually happier and more content now that I'm more grounded and stable (professionally, financially, personally, in all the ways actually) so I suppose there's something to be said for taking an approach more similar to yours. All things in moderation, though.
Oh believe me, I'm bored now but I won't be bored for much longer. I've got brighter days ahead of me.

Where is your ideal place to live?

FLOWER.
you deserve love and care now. you're already worthy of love and care.
please take care of yourself.

I second this. @flower, why don't you think you're worthy of love and care now? My heart goes out to you.

Reactions: flower and Wyote
Oh believe me, I'm bored now but I won't be bored for much longer. I've got brighter days ahead of me.

Where is your ideal place to live?

Hmm...several places come to mind...
I don't think my true ideal exists in the here and now, honestly. Perfection aside though, I'm inclined to say somewhere in Europe - Italy, Ireland, UK, Germany, or maybe Japan or Hawaii. Also, Canada seems appealing too because I feel like I'd fit right in with the culture/society there. Of all the places Stateside, though, I'd have to go with the Greater Nashville area since it's closest to home. :relieved: Wbu?

Reactions: flower and Pin
Hmm...several places come to mind...
I don't think my true ideal exists in the here and now, honestly. Perfection aside though, I'm inclined to say somewhere in Europe - Italy, Ireland, UK, Germany, or maybe Japan or Hawaii. Also, Canada seems appealing too because I feel like I'd fit right in with the culture/society there. Of all the places Stateside, though, I'd have to go with the Greater Nashville area since it's closest to home. :relieved: Wbu?
Hawaii or Alaska- I like seeing wildlife.

Hawaii or Alaska- I like seeing wildlife.

Ooh, I'd love to visit Alaska at some point. It seems like a really beautiful place, but too cold to live there. My southern girl blood is too thin for that lol. To see the Aurora Borealis with a Milky Way backdrop tho...:hearteyes:

What are you studying/working towards, professionally speaking?

Reactions: flower and Pin
Ooh, I'd love to visit Alaska at some point. It seems like a really beautiful place, but too cold to live there. My southern girl blood is too thin for that lol. To see the Aurora Borealis with a Milky Way backdrop tho...:hearteyes:

What are you studying/working towards, professionally speaking?
I would rather not say but I assure you not the liberal arts.

Reactions: soulareclipse
Fair enough. Self-care means different things from one person to another so maybe this is your version of it. Just curious - do you ever worry that you'll spend all these years getting your life lined out just so, only to look back and feel you missed out on some of the more charming things in life?

I'm curious to know what sorts of charming things you imagine I might be missing. Serious question, of course, and thank you for asking. If I'm missing such things, I don't know it, and it would be interesting to hear what they might be.

I've spent many years flying by the seat of my pants in various uncomfortable ways. To me, relief from that feeling is one of my goals in self-care. I feel like I'm missing some stability and security that would be healthy for me. I make those things possible for others in my life, but not as much for myself.

I'm curious to know what sorts of charming things you imagine I might be missing. Serious question, of course, and thank you for asking. If I'm missing such things, I don't know it, and it would be interesting to hear what they might be.

I've spent many years flying by the seat of my pants in various uncomfortable ways. To me, relief from that feeling is one of my goals in self-care. I feel like I'm missing some stability and security that would be healthy for me. I make those things possible for others in my life, but not as much for myself.

Oh, that question was directed at Pin in response to something he said. I said something along the same lines:

Thankfully I'm a shit-ton more responsible than I was in my 20s, and I try to give reason and rationale more airtime in my decision-making process these days. I find that I'm actually happier and more content now that I'm more grounded and stable (professionally, financially, personally, in all the ways actually) so I suppose there's something to be said for taking an approach more similar to yours. All things in moderation, though.

Having one's shit together is definitely a valid form of self-care. :blush:

Reactions: Wyote
FLOWER.
you deserve love and care now. you're already worthy of love and care.
please take care of yourself.

Thank you, too sweet of you. ♥ :sob:

I second this. @flower, why don't you think you're worthy of love and care now? My heart goes out to you.

Some ghosts of the past... They still make me feel like I'm worth of nothing. :/ Aw thanks.