Relationship questions... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Relationship questions...

I would say you are ready for sex when you can answer and talk about the first question. I would tread carefully about meeting someone from the internet. While it can be freeing for many people to be more honest and open about themselves there is a much more common element of deception. I would meet in a public place.

How many dates should you go on before you officially start a relationship with someone?
How many dates before you have sex?
Where would be the best places to meet someone you found on the internet in real life for the first time?

More questions to come...

I don't know why you would have to have a certain number of dates before labeling it a relationship? Why label?

Basically - the answer to all of those questions is "When you trust them"...
And to have trust means you have to be vulnerable and honest.

I'm asking these questions since I've taken up meeting people on the internet in order to make friends. Even though I am now in a city roughly 4 times the size of the one I was in before, three are no gay bars or clubs. There is a student LGBT group but it only meets when I am in class. There is also an LGBT resource center, but the only group they have is for gays and lesbians over 30. Finally there is a bowling league for gays, but only senior gays.

As such, I have exhausted all my other options and I am down to using a hook up site to meet people. Surprisingly, a lot of other people around my age have found the same problem and are using the same site. I've set up a lunch date with a guy on Wednesday and a coffee date with a guy on Friday and collected about a half dozen additional cell numbers. Both of these individuals know that I'm mostly looking for friends. I'm curious how it is going to work out and if it progressed beyond friendship I was curious how I would handle dating since it has been awhile and I'm not very good at it.

Also, I tend to have sex with people once physical attraction sets in, and contrary to all the "its relative" Nancies who answered this thread, I do believe there to be a logically determinable number of dates that a person should have before hitting the sack with someone.

Well - If you believe there is a logical number of dates before sex - then I hope you meet up with people who have the same value system. It would make it easier on you. :nod:

Will you/have you introduced the mbti concept and test to them?

Oh - and I sincerely wish you success in making genuine friendships - regardless of the romantic end results.

Last edited:
Best of luck with this. Meeting people in person that you have talked to online is really not that scary, contrary to what people think. I use to do it all the time. I know there is chance you could meet some ax murderer, but is that chance any greater than meeting one at a bar? :m075: I honestly find the online dating scene or just any online site; not dating, fun. This reason is because I have a solid ground to start a conversation with when I meet them. It's not like a blind date or something like that. I at least know a little bit about them going forward and it is pretty easy to tell when somebody is faking online because when you meet them in person it is dang obvious. I would suggest meeting somewhere public like the places you are meeting but most people do that for a first date; online or not, anyways, so I don't see the big deal here. Just have fun. You will find some real tools and such, but you might find a gem now and again. No different than normal dating really.

Reactions: Kgal