recognising an ENTP | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

recognising an ENTP

For example, if I'm talking to someone that I like, I'll playfully tease them about things (not in a negative way) and carry on several themes throughout the conversation. Then I'll bring it all to a climax at the end, when I bring all of my teasing and themes together into a cohesive whole, as if I'd planned the entire conversation before hand, culminating in a hilarious/witty interrelation of all of the ideas.

At which point I'd need a cigarette.

I don't think you often see that from other types.

Also, we're all effing hot.

Tru dat.

You can tell an underdeveloped ENTP because they DON'T think. The patron pagan god of the underdeveloped ENTP is Loki, the Norse god of chaos. The girl that's stalking gloomy-optimist? Well, what kind of Ti would allow a person to do that.

gloomy-optimist = girl
ENTP stalker = boy

;)
It's hard to tell sometimes, I know

But you guys do bring about some good points. I do enjoy being around xNTPs, but I find in this environment that the quick verbal responses and excessive use of Ti to be exhausting in my present environment...I live in a very logical and often pushy place though, with many, many other gifted students, so I think that might factor in with that...

gloomy-optimist = girl
ENTP stalker = boy

;)
It's hard to tell sometimes, I know

Ahh... why do I always assume stalkers are women.

I wish I had a stalker.

I've also been told that I can be intimidating in person because of how... extremely fast my verbal responses are. An ENTP is likely to find something funny in a situation, and then play with the idea throughout the conversation. For example, if I'm talking to someone that I like, I'll playfully tease them about things (not in a negative way) and carry on several themes throughout the conversation. Then I'll bring it all to a climax at the end, when I bring all of my teasing and themes together into a cohesive whole, as if I'd planned the entire conversation before hand, culminating in a hilarious/witty interrelation of all of the ideas.

My brother does that all the time. It's particularly annoying when he feels like bothering me -- as an INTJ, I take my time to organize my thoughts and come up with something. But he's ridiculously fast at coming up with comebacks and insults, until he finally angers me enough that I just get physical. Luckily I'm stronger than him (now that we're both out of puberty), so that ends up working.

And I know he picks on me because he recognizes that I AM smart enough to fight back. But he can be way too competitive at times, and I just want him to shut up, at which point he gets confused as to why I'm being so aggressive. GAH.

Last edited:
Don't get too stuck in type relationship stipulations ;) I've had an ENTP stalking me for some time, and I could tell you right now that relationship wouldn't work between us. But I have great friendships with ENFJs, ESTPs, ESFPs....it's more about you than just your type

But yeah; ENTPs tend to be more...out there, or at least more so than some other types. They're weird because they are interested in many things (although a lot of times they jump around so much between their interests that they don't seem to have a single, deeply rooted strength like their ENTJ cousins).
Look for some rambunctious, a bit impulsive, and a little left of center. That might lead you to a ENxP type.

I have a friend like that. Close friend. I fell for her hard, and her for me. Except she lives in Minnesota and me in California. There was this summer program reunion a few days ago, and this other guy kissed her and she didn't stop it. And after talking about it, she just really expressed how bad she felt about it and we talked it out, and somehow I like her just the same? Gah. The curse of the INFJ. I wish she would just go away, but even years from now I'd feel just the same...:( We plan on going to the same college, so that doesn't make it any better.

are ENTPs inclined to have a gregarious way of dressing sometimes; a unique and seemingly shocking way of matching accessories and colour combinations? this is in reference to a female that i suspect to be ENTP

These are an INFJ's perfect match, no?
Where would I find one? How would I know they are an ENTP without administering a test???

is this girl still around?

are ENTPs inclined to have a gregarious way of dressing sometimes; a unique and seemingly shocking way of matching accessories and colour combinations? this is in reference to a female that i suspect to be ENTP

OrangeShaicCollage.JPG

ENTP woman here! :m105:

I wouldn't pay too much attention to that. I actually wear a lot of black.

I'd pay more attention to what excites her.

Is she a chameleon? People who don't know me well could mistype me pretty easily because different people bring out different sides of my personality (I try to avoid being around people who bring out the sides I dislike).

Does she make connections rapidly? Does she (mistakenly) ask questions that an F could consider boundary-crossing? Is she extremely frank? Do you always feel like she's ready to pull a little prank? Is she unconcerned with strangers' opinions of her?

If yes, you could be spotting an ENTP! :m024:

Still I swear to bebe jeebus if you get good at typing your likely to spot an entp.

Usually I use a combo of the typing systems to make a guess.

I am unuasually good at it if I don't say so meself.

Like first I'd fill in your basic letters. Usually I can spot one right off the bat.

Then I move top the functions then Keirsey.

Dammit I am too lazy to explain this.

ENTPs often have a sense of humor that is morbid or deliberately politically incorrect.

[YOUTUBE]C5yntzmvJak[/YOUTUBE]

ENTPs often have a sense of humor that is morbid or deliberately politically incorrect.

[youtube]C5yntzmvJak[/youtube]

I laughed at that pretty hard. But I could see an xNTJ laughing at that too. :p

And you're wearing the orange suit too!

... ENTP's and INFJ's can be great together, but in my last relationship I discovered that there were things we just couldn't provide for each other. I was never going to be the emotional warm fuzzy bunny he desired (I'm Fe tertiary - the only emotion I'm comfortable showing is happy). And he was just never going to want to spend the amount of time speculating on the matrix of the universe for as long as I wanted to (he's Ti tertiary - it's fun at first, then he hits critical mass). ...

I have a reasonable amount of Fe, so I don't have any of these problems.

I'm never going to go nuts with the emotion, but I'm more than capable of warmth, sympathy, etc. I think kindness/an inclination toward civility is one of the most important qualities to have. If everyone looked out for each other, we wouldn't have many of the social issues we do. Imagine how safe it would be to know that, when you try and fail, someone will always be there to care for you. I don't think any concept is more valuable than that.

I've seen it mentioned that the success of ENTP+INFJ depends on the maturity of both. There is absolutely no reason why a mature ENTP couldn't have a successful relationship with a mature INFJ. We fit together just like puzzle pieces.

Last edited: