Rape prevention and female self-defense | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Rape prevention and female self-defense

Originally Posted by BenW
And exactly why the fuck should boys be taught to respect women?
This statement is guilty of the same sexism feminism stands against (on paper).

Men commit more violent crime against eachother than they do against women...(source)
So, following the same logic, shouldn't there be some grand campaign urging the teaching of boys to respect men?

How about trying to teach people to respect other people?
I'm pretty perplexed as to why this sort of thing isn't the conclusion people supposedly striving for "equality" reach automatically.
Why do we have "feminism" rather than "anti-sexism"?

So much agreement my head might bob off.

Note: the starter of the thread.
The constant stirrer of emotion.
The feeder upon negativity and conflict.
Appearing again and again when things get too pleasant.
A victim, perhaps, of pc brainwashing?

I may be wrong, but I fancy I see a pattern.
Is conflict the desired result?
Am I entering this forum expecting something unreasonable?
Like reason?

I am here to investigate interacting with people I may have something in common with.
People that do not - like Pavlov's dog - take every viewpoint as a direct attack upon their whole value-system, and strike back in retaliation.

2. All persons will take things personally at some point in their life. It may be immature, but it happens. Don't take it personally that people take your viewpoints personally.

Last edited:
Don't take it personally that people take your viewpoints personally.

What made you think I was taking it personally?
I was illuminating a point that some may have missed.
And that was my point.

Crows do this. It is their nature.
"Look! See what I see? Is that not an interesting thing?"
It may or may not be, but if a crow sees it, you can bet a crow finds it interesting.

If I was reacting emotionally at all, it was to the developing mob-mentality that I noticed, at the time. Emotion swept uninvolved readers into a frenzy of side-choosing, before accumulating enough information for reason to have its say.

And I think you will agree: only a dead-man would not be cautious of a mob, if it looked like it might be coming after him.

What made you think I was taking it personally?
I was illuminating a point that some may have missed.
And that was my point.

Crows do this. It is their nature.
"Look! See what I see? Is that not an interesting thing?"
It may or may not be, but if a crow sees it, you can bet a crow finds it interesting.

If I was reacting emotionally at all, it was to the developing mob-mentality that I noticed, at the time. Emotion swept uninvolved readers into a frenzy of side-choosing, before accumulating enough information for reason to have its say.

And I think you will agree: only a dead-man would not be cautious of a mob, if it looked like it might be coming after him.

Alright, but I find it hard to believe you adopted a surface emotion reaction solely to avoid a "mob"
I will leave it at that and agree to disagree on that point.

...to believe you adopted a surface emotion reaction...

I didn't adopt an emotion: the emotion was real.
It was not "surface" either. It consumed me briefly.
I am never keen on being mobbed.
I had a real adrenaline dump, and that is a normal reaction for me, under any perceived threat.
Fight or flight is something I have always had enormous difficulty with.
Fight is all I know.
Flight is something I am learning, day by day, from crow.

Wow.
Returning from a brief contemplation in my porch/temple,
I am trying to recover from a major revelation.

Here I am: The Crow.
Having known a crow intimately.
Having adopted it as my Totem.
Having learned so much from that association.
And yet managing to miss the most blindingly obvious thing about crows...

They can fly.

Fight or Flight.
Finally, I have a choice.

Good for you...
And to think, it took this thread for you to figure that out! But indeed, that was the purpose all along. Oh the Universe can be a befuddling teacher can it not?

Reactions: sassafras and bamf
Don't forget that quite often women CAN'T defend themselves. My lady friend who was raped last spring has Cerebral Palsy and uses an electric wheelchair to get around, there was no way to defend herself, she was with a friend at the friend's house and the friend raped her. And her rape, like the majority of rapes, are Acquaintance Rapes, aka "Date Rape", NOT the "abduct a woman off the street" stereotype of rape that in the minority of cases, and in such acquaintance rape cases self-defense skills are significantly less effective.

I agree with the OP that the message should be to us guys to not rape, instead of putting up with misogynistic excuses for BS behavior.

Last edited:
That is not dangerous, installing programs that emasculate boys is, and thats the end goal of this conversation and people who want to "defend women". It always is. It involves some willful bending of gender norms for boys who are already impressionable and confused, and making them more impressionable and more confused.
Oh geez, not this BS right-wing "feminists hate men and want to make boys into sissies" meme. I'm sick of it. Teaching young men to respect the opposite sex and not treat them like a piece of meat to be used is NOT "emasculating boys", it's called RASING OUR BOYS TO BE GENTLEMEN!

masculinity.

Masculinity does not mean acting like a misogynistic asshole. Christ, I am both a man AND a feminist and I don't feel one bit "emasculated". What is so unmanly about being a respectful gentleman?

TaylorS;221723[B said:
]Don't forget that quite often women CAN'T defend themselves.[/B] My lady friend who was raped last spring has Cerebral Palsy and uses an electric wheelchair to get around, there was no way to defend herself, she was with a friend at the friend's house and the friend raped her. And her rape, like the majority of rapes, are Acquaintance Rapes, aka "Date Rape", NOT the "abduct a woman off the street" stereotype of rape that in the minority of cases, and in such acquaintance rape cases self-defense skills are significantly less effective.

I agree with the OP that the message should be to us guys to not rape, instead of putting up with misogynistic excuses for BS behavior.

Self defense would still help the common woman, unless I mistaken, most women who are raped are physically disabled. I may be wrong though.

Oh geez, not this BS right-wing "feminists hate men and want to make boys into sissies" meme. I'm sick of it. Teaching young men to respect the opposite sex and not treat them like a piece of meat to be used is NOT "emasculating boys", it's called RASING OUR BOYS TO BE GENTLEMEN!

Depending on how men are taught to be "gentleman" they could very well be emasculated. I don't think courses will stop rapists from being rapist, though.