Punk Rock for Dummies | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Punk Rock for Dummies

I might as well go ahead and rep The Misfits like I did in the listening thread!

Their sense of social commentary was obtuse as best, their lyrical content was subtle as a sledgehammer and they endured the unintentional comedy of having Glenn Danzig for a singer. Regardless, to me (speaking as an affirmed metalhead, not a punk of any kind) they were and still are an incredibly entertaining and provocative listen.

No wonder it's so tough being admin here. You're all a bunch of fucking punks!

Just like me

I've seen some different documentaries around this era. I was gonna share this in my blog because Green Day :<3green: but here will do just fine.

The day I popped my punk rock cherry was when my older cousin gave me his Ramones Rocket to Russia album because he didn’t like it and of course I LOVED it! My second album was probably The Great Rock ‘n’ Roll Swindle, which I liked at the time but can’t stand John Lydon now, so blech. I hate his face.

The next album that really caught my attention was Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables. Classic US punk rock!! Jello was actually trying to make people think! I mean what a fucking idiot! Who does that?!

Tbc...

Punk songs without a hint of self-awareness are as stupid-funny as this screamo song I heard today (late).

BUT Veggie Punk!

"Dairy is rape." ~ band

"Cats and Dogs" by Gorilla Biscuits

"Under the table he'll eat your dinner like the veggies we can't stand. "What kind of meal would he make? "We don't want to ask it. "Tradition is all that keeps him alive. "Listen up, I gotta ask how can we be so cruel? "You say you care, that's a lie. "My true compassion is for all living things "And not just the ones who are cute "So I do what I can, I wanna save lives and I've got a plan."

Pussy punk

Punk songs without a hint of self-awareness are as stupid-funny as this screamo song I heard today (late).

This... is not screamo! :fearscream: Is it? I need to save screamo's reputation now.

Now this is an excellent screamo song.

Hmmmm...

Here @Pin ...suits and ties.