Punk Rock for Dummies | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Punk Rock for Dummies

Last one...
Friends in San Fransisco...gotta promote...

Hmmmm...

Here @Pin ...suits and ties.

I can't exactly tell you why but there's something wonderful about discovering that you're a punk fan, Skare.

A welcome respite from our esoteric explorations ;)

Also: this thread cannot be legit without "Search and Destroy". And The Meat Sluts is a great punk band name lol! So punk...

Do you guys know when the word "punk" was first used to describe music? It was in 1970, for a concert of the seminal and extremely ahead of their time electropunk band Suicide. I recommend their eponymous first album to anybody who hasn't listened to it. It all happened on 20 November 1970 for that show:

VR20_Nov_70.jpg

Imagine a random music fan in 1970 playing this:

And then, 28 years later, coming across who's perhaps the last legendary punk band:

Quite a journey!

I might as well go ahead and rep The Misfits like I did in the listening thread!

Their sense of social commentary was obtuse as best, their lyrical content was subtle as a sledgehammer and they endured the unintentional comedy of having Glenn Danzig for a singer. Regardless, to me (speaking as an affirmed metalhead, not a punk of any kind) they were and still are an incredibly entertaining and provocative listen.

YAS. Don't forget...

As a sidenote, Where Eagles Dare totally reminds me of that WoW Serenity Now funeral crash.

I can't exactly tell you why but there's something wonderful about discovering that you're a punk fan, Skare.

I assumed Skarecrow was into punk, at least to some extent, because his avatar reminded me of Jeremy Hush. Hush became popular because of his Slug & Lettuce (NYC zine) illustrations. I <3 his work. It brings a softness to punk.

HUSH.jpg

And of course the queen of punk art, Gee Vaucher of Crass, who illustrated all their covers in her hyper realist style. They look like photo collages.

acd4de9ecc6b81334161887d0b0e94aa.jpg

And Nick Blinko, singer of Rudimentary Peni, who illustrated all their albums. He also penned a book about his experiences with mental illness that is an interesting read.

BOO04.jpeg

This is a 10/10 thread. Here are a few of my favorites:

And a very special tribute to America on its very special birthday:

Punk rock is trap
Jrock is the only good rock

Reactions: Wyote and Ren
Hahaha. It has nothing to do with whether or not the music is actually "good".

ok so punk rock is trap, both musically suck and ascribe to the same lifestyle

Discussion on an old school punk zine editor's page.

Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 9.25.35 AM.png

Different page. They're talking about an actress:

Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 10.01.36 AM.png

A great hardcore punk band:

And the marvellously named Coneheads:

Reactions: Skarekrow and Asa
@Ren - I wish I could love that post. :m032:

Last time I saw Negative Approach was with 'Sick Of It All' in Rhode Island. What a fantastic show. So positive, so much fun, and the bands sounded awesome.
(I do not live in Rhode Island.)