[PUG] Why the bias? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[PUG] Why the bias?

Every time people mention the "obvious mistypes on this forum" I'm paranoid they're thinking about me. >_>

90% of the people mentioning the "obvious mistypes on this forum" are obviously mistyped.

He wasn't being serious.

You can have some of the most revealing, interesting and enlightening discussions by peeling back the elaborate and intrinsic layers of assumptions that underlay humour.

Reactions: barbad0s
I'm an ISFP who used to think he was INFJ so I know a lot about this topic, wait, what was the topic again?

I had no idea people didn't like to be considered INFPs....

All of everything discussed above, comes from lack of understanding.

They don't fully understand or appreciate what the cognitive functions, psychological types, the psyche, etc etc. really mean.

If the level of knowledge on the subject is low, then what do you expect? Analytical psychology is depth psychology, understanding the human mind from the deepest most fundamental level possible.

This was what my "let's make this place better" thread was about. Improving the knowledge base will improve the community by improving respect and understanding. That's what this is all supposed to be about isn't it?

Shoot, I was just happy to finally figure out who I *was.* I didn't think I was any MBTI type to be honest for many years, and then I went to an Enneagram website and there was a small MBTI discussion on there. I at first thought I was an INFP because I shared similar insights with an INFP on the board, but I didn't quite. Then the INFP suggested INFJ and I investigated that type further. Still wasn't sold on INFJ, but I officially tested INTJ - except INTJ didn't quite fit either.

Before all that I thought I was a Sensor, because I thought I liked details and I thought I was good at specifics. I didn't like the idea of "being in the clouds" and I wanted to believe I was more "down to earth."

It took a long time for me to connect with who I was, and to understand what made me me. I welcomed all possibilities, and that was the only way I could come to an understanding of INFJ for me.

If you don't accept all possibilities for yourself and try them out, (rather than either deifying one or denigrating the other) I don't think you can ever come full circle with your type. But, that's from an INFJ perspective. Everyone must do what's right for them to come full circle with their own type.

Reactions: Morgain and Jana
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1yhczZDfQk"]YouTube - ‪Dub FX - Love Me Or Not‬‏[/ame]

You can have some of the most revealing, interesting and enlightening discussions by peeling back the elaborate and intrinsic layers of assumptions that underlay humour.
Yeah, but it ruins the joke.

He wasn't being serious.

I was exaggerating but the sentiment was serious.

As you've said yourself, MBTI is a self typing instrument. You cannot presume to know someone's type better than they do, perhaps you might be able to help someone figuring out their type, but you can't figure it out for them. Most people questioning someone's type on this forum tend to state "you're an xxxx" or "you can't be an xxxx" without any reasoning to back up such a statement. Anyone who does this isn't knowlegeable, or at least doesn't let themselves appear knowlegable, enough in MBTI to even be able to type themselves.

Yes, it was a massive hypocritical statement, which is a personal joke to me, but there was some truth to the matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: This