Psychopath being an INFJ | Page 11 | INFJ Forum

Is it possible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think it's unfortunate that Psychopaths get such a bad rap, which I know sounds totally ridiculous considering the amount of casualties a prolific psychopath can rack up. I'm sure, however, there are plenty of us committed to being as harmless as possible, but I do understand how it can be unsettling to interact with someone so removed and lacking in sentimentality. Like viewing a beautiful painting, I do take a genuine interest in some people and strive to behave gently so they don't act up or react irrationally.

Causing trouble is hardly worth the trouble.

How about sadness? How deeply have you ever felt it? @SimVicious @Obsidian

Reactions: Infjente and April
Do you like what you see? ;)

There are already a couple Banes here. You're gonna have to fight them if you want to be the only one.

giphy.gif

okay....here’s the deal.

Being in the anti-social cluster b categories involves way more than being physically cruel to other life forms. Systematically standing up for another (viewed) weaker does not equate goodness in and of itself. It’s an impossibility.

Now, it seems one would want to be commended for not hurting another, or standing up for a perceived weaker being. It’s not fucking commendable for shit! Because we’re supposed to be that way naturally as lifeforms and knowing, weather, emphatically, logically, or through sympathy.

I mean, Stallin had a purpose for the “good”, yet millions died. Many other examples which I’ll just leave out.

What’s more, deeper and worse than physical harm? Mental and emotional harm. Long after being removed from the situation, the brain is physically changed, neuron pathways re-routed. Fundamental thinking and reality is altered.

All this, through regular interaction with the dark triad types. These are the bruises which never go away and reach out like tentacles of black ague octopi. Seeping, stewing, growing like fungus into the deepest regions of the soul never to be reached and cleaned.

I’ve recently become aware of some of my own manipulative and controlling behavior. Humans are prone to such depending on mental or emotional health.

What strikes me so wrong here is one word. Intention. While on this path of self discovery, I rationalized. Intention.....I didn’t have desire, plans, or need to control, manipulate, or any of that. Well, I sure as shit did!

It’s all 100% my responsibility, and, using intention is not note worthy. Self reflection, growth and change matter. Intention matters when you have the wellbeing and harmony of another in mid. Maybe it’s not always a physical feeling, we’re all whirlwinds, super computer goo shoved into a meat case with limited experience and information.

Now that said. Where intention doesn’t matter, at least not any farther than ideals or gain. The inherent nature of cluster b/dark triads, is selfish gain. Gaslighting, manipulation for even the smallest of gains, including curiosity or humor is the sorriest dogshit ever. Even in little things, the disturbed brain continues to fuck, and, fuck, and fuck like mosquitoes trying to repopulate the earth with their kind.

It can’t be helped, and the damage is far and ever reaching.

One thing, which makes me glad these sick fucks exist, is learning, through insanity, craziness, to love, develop empathy, sympathy and genuine care for all who are gifted with breath.

Once more. If, there is a commendation fir intention. And this will make me seem psycho. I’m no, just crazy.

I stave off wishing every fucking evil sack if shit, regardless of intention, would die in a horrible fire screaming like the evil banshies they are to the core.

What causes, cognitive dissonance is empathy. Because, you were created, not born this way. What bothers me the most is trying to fathom the hurtful painful hell that did this to you. Which becomes unfair to me.

During all the abuse, manipulation, no matter how horrific or painful to me. I see you as a hurt child. While you hit me in the face, I cry for you more than me.

Reactions: April and Infjente
How about sadness? How deeply have you ever felt it? @SimVicious @Obsidian

I feel an almost consistent emptiness, neither happy nor sad, and this has been the case for as long as I can remember. I see "sadness" as an unsustainable state, perhaps one I unconsciously avoid as a realist who tries to err on the side of optimism for productivity's sake.

I feel an almost consistent emptiness, neither happy nor sad, and this has been the case for as long as I can remember. I see "sadness" as an unsustainable state, perhaps one I unconsciously avoid as a realist who tries to err on the side of optimism for productivity's sake.

An undercurrent? Such that nothing that ever happens solicits enough reaction? I mean there is reaction, but it doesn't hit you at the pit of your entity? That?

Anhedonia....

What do you consider productivty?

Reactions: Infjente
Threads like this one give me the chills.
How can anyone just only care for themselves?
No, I personally don't believe an INFJ can be a psychopath as psychopaths (and sociopaths) don't give a damn how others feel.

It must be pretty lonely in that shell after all the bridges are burnt with family and former friends.

Cognitive function preferences are the result of personal levels of activity in the executive centers.

Mental illness, conditions, and disorders - while sometimes correlated to type due to prevalence within any given type over others mostly due to the disorders causing similar self assessment preferences - are distinct from cognitive function preferences.

Therefore, any cognitive function set can suffer from any mental illness, condition, or disorder. Some are just less common than others.

In the case of OP, it is definitely possible that their cognitive function preferences align with INFJ while suffering from a cluster B disorder. These things aren't mutually exclusive.

Last edited:
I came here to learn more about myself and perhaps find more people like myself.

Believe it or not, i'm mixture between the impossible, Psychopath and INFJ.

Excellent reading skills, i notice most details, faces, hands, feet and gestures, i'm creative deep thinker with an inner voice full of ambition and often have the need to be alone, to recharge myself, when i'm alone and i feel determined, to achieve something, first i need to visualise everything before i turn it into reality and once i start doing something i like, something i'm good at, i literally can't stop until i make it perfect, i don't like special attention because i'm introverted and my energy shines from within.

Also very quiet, observed and extremely manipulative, and i don't enjoy small talks, my reading skills are a curse, those details pop up straight to my eyes and i have a stong sense of awareness which often is right to follow, when someone is trying to manipulate me, sometimes i let them and in the end it's still them who are manipulated.

I don't have empathy towards people which led me to believe i'm a combination of an INFJ and a Psychopath with a switch on and off, it's unlikely but it's not impossible because i can show empathy but i don't really feel it, i'm calm even in the most stressful situations where most people panic into full chaos or become aggressive while i keep full control of myself.

I'm learnt to automatically show empathy, but it's all just an act, see few years before, i was thinking i was normal, i show empathy but at older age in life i realized i don't really feel it, i was at a funeral of a close family member and everybody's crying i cried too, but only because i was supposed to, seconds after i went away i realized i didn't really feel anything, it was just an act.

I don't like most people i see through them, often i feel alone in this world, questioning what my purpose is, i feel like i'm the only one real.

Since then i have been discovering more and more about myself and i match most INFJ traits and Psychopathic ones, believe it or not, perhaps any of you can prove me wrong, in any case i would appreciate learning more and more.

Think you should consider the Ne types with primary or secondary, and not so much Fe and Te.

There is also a history lesson to be had about many of the manuals conerning psychopathy and sociopathy, there is a sliding scale one a whole range of personality dimensions where disorders are considered if it impars social or personal functioning within society.

Another thing is a personal indifference towards others and even one self. Most psychopaths either find something to care about, an ideal (hi politics), laws and standards (hello enforcement), self worth (hello business), where I am wondering if perhaps there aren't enough that care about oaths and questions of reason in the execution of an office, (hello impeachment).

This personal emotional indifference is harder with Ni, Fi and Si actually. Small talk and many other things can be said to be driven by instincs and navigation around these things, which can be a sensory, intuitive or emotional excercise.
You say it's an impossible combination, and it really is, even if we agree that you may not be wrong as liking to think about similar things that relates to these cognitive processes, but using them in a way and orientation that is highly unusual.

This doesn't mean there aren't roles in society where this is useful, and seeking a position where you are largely immune personally to others opinions and feelings about yourself as long as you furfull that role exactly.

Consider for example child welfare and child protection agency, if your reptuation soley relies on the lives of the children getting better, and logically make sure of this irrespective of others feelings about it, you'd still be respected and admired no matter how fucked up a situation you are in to make the logically right call for whats important.

Can see if I recollect correctly:
You can't be a psychopathy and a sociopath at the same time and still have a either problem.
If you understand right from others, and see value for yourself and others in being used and using others, you aren't anti social. If you aren't narcissist enough or anti social enough, on the co-depence side of things.

There are no diagnosis to be made, and it's about as significant as a psycopath don't tend to react like other people do when seeing someone breaking an arm. To be specific about what emotional response that is turned extremely low or extremely high.

Now to do the right thing in for example a child protection agency role, in the face of lawyers and good intention for example rip the bandaid and make sure the kid as normal people or nurses at the hospital more so that those interested in understanding or manipulating. As to not make excuses like, well, parents really want to be there and the kid is hurt and might heal faster with support, while you pick up on abuse in close relations due to responses and reactions from the kid.

I'd struggle with anger if I understood a situation as such, wouldn't psycho the situation perfectly right as easily. And pop-psychology, given too introverted to be a sociopath due to anxiety perhaps, or neurotic traits somewhat, too creative and not dumb enough to struggle with it. I'm neither autistic or delusional. Popular psychology is a load of crap, perhaps psycho is sufficient, there re no signs of a pathology, perhaps you have loads of schadenfreud or whatnot, perhaps a bit viscious or ill-mannered with a mask of empathy to hide it? Would be interested in your brain anatomy, might be a slight reduction in somatosensory functions, (psycho somatic is anti psycho, or some such).
Pathologies aren't personality traits, but obviously it is psychological type relevant, another trait of psychopaths likely relevant to somatic responses is sleeping better and perhaps even dream less.

Assuming this is correct, perhaps consider emergency situations where psycho somatic and sympathetic responses are a serious a problem for almost everyone.

Pathologies are when things don't work, for example personal interactions and related things when not able to explain it in other ways, don't call yourself a psychopath just for these traits and honesty. If you call it empathi, it's recognised as empathi, is appreciated and works for normal and healthy relationships and interactions, isn't it empathy?
So, perhaps Fe doesn't add up here, as something more associated with sympathetic responses?

Best guess, traits among several types as MBTI doesn't cover sympathetic reponses and empathy at this level to cover this when so distinct.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skrimpshidy
How about sadness? How deeply have you ever felt it? @SimVicious

My experience with sadness is very different, the more sadness, the more ambition and i'm very ambitious because i was very sad when i was younger, all i wanted was everything to just end and to watch the world burn with everyone in it, there was no light, no sunshine nor reinbows only darkness, agony, hate and pain, and pain was the best thing ever because i started to like it at some point and now i still do, you know there are different types of pain.

Threads like this one give me the chills.
How can anyone just only care for themselves?
No, I personally don't believe an INFJ can be a psychopath as psychopaths (and sociopaths) don't give a damn how others feel.

It must be pretty lonely in that shell after all the bridges are burnt with family and former friends.

I'm pretty sure i'm a very dark INFJ, i can feel and i can not feel, i was thinking i was a psychopath because of my resilience to chaos, my reduced empathy towards people and my reading/deducing and manipulating abilities, but people in this forum helped me see that i'm not an actual psychopath, turns out life has just taught me a few lessons.

INFJ is the rarest personality type but nothing is really impossible, INFJ is a personality type and Psychopathy is an mental illness that you're born with, which makes it possible to be both in my opinion, it's rare but who knows?

I'm happy that i'm not the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.