President Donald Trump | Page 33 | INFJ Forum

President Donald Trump

Muslims are the most frequent victims of terrorist attracts. Believing that there is more that can done in the Muslim communities is in fact blaming the victims and by that rational more harmful than helpful.

Reactions: Skarekrow and acd
Muslims are the most frequent victims of terrorist attracts. Believing that there is more that can done in the Muslim communities is in fact blaming the victims and by that rational more harmful than helpful.
That's not reason. That's not even slightly rational. Smoke and mirrors. You are really good at it.

@Stu. I need to ask you how you come to the conclusion Muslims are the most frequent victims of terrorists attacks. Where is your data coming from on This? Please if you dont mind because this just seems so far out there.

@Stu. I need to ask you how you come to the conclusion Muslims are the most frequent victims of terrorists attacks. Where is your data coming from on This? Please if you dont mind because this just seems so far out there.

https://www.state.gov/j/ct/rls/crt/2011/195555.a

Victims of Attacks

Over 12,000 people were killed by terrorist attacks in 2011. The overall number of victims killed, however, decreased 5 percent from 2010. More than half of the people killed in 2011 were civilians and 755 were children. Although terrorism deaths decreased, the number of government representative and security force fatalities increased significantly. Muslims continued to bear the brunt of terrorism , while attacks targeting Christians dropped nearly 45 percent from a five-year high in 2010.

• Although civilians were the largest single group of victims killed in terrorist attacks, their numbers over the past five years in proportion to the total number of deaths have gone down by 13 percent, decreasing from a 2007 high of 64 percent.
  • The number of government employees and contractors killed in 2011 increased by over 60 percent from 2010, while the number of government officials killed in 2011 increased by over 13 percent. The number of police killed in 2011 also increased by over 15 percent.
  • In cases where the religious affiliation of terrorism casualties could be determined, Muslims suffered between 82 and 97 percent of terrorism-related fatalities over the past five years.
  • Muslim majority countries bore the greatest number of attacks involving 10 or more deaths, with Afghanistan sustaining the highest number (47), followed by Iraq (44), Pakistan (37), Somalia (28), and Nigeria (12).
  • Afghans also suffered the largest number of fatalities overall with 3,245 deaths, followed by Iraqis (2,958), Pakistanis (2,038), Somalis (1,013), and Nigerians (590).

Last edited:
Reactions: acd
So sorry, I forgot you only count terrorism committed by Muslims against Non Muslims.

Reactions: Skarekrow
I need to ask if this is a reasonable way to think about this. Are Muslims at the receiving end of terror receiving it because they are Muslim or because of their geographical location? In other words if a nonmuslim were to pronounce to an entity like ISIS in a group of people about to be beheaded "I am Christian" would they be let go and apologized to?
@Stu @acd

That is a great question!
Clearly those killed in terrorist attacks are targets, not collateral damage.

That is a great question!
Clearly those killed in terrorist attacks are targets, not collateral damage.
I think of this as avoiding an answer. So I will say I am attempting to have a serious conversation and a more descriptive answer would be helpful to me in that regard.

I suggest you read a bit about what is going on in Syria, Iraq,Turkey, Afghanistan,Pakistan,India, Yemen, Somalia,Chechenia.....But most importantly Saudi Arabia.

I suggest you read a bit about what is going on in Syria, Iraq,Turkey, Afghanistan,Pakistan,India, Yemen, Somalia,Chechenia.....But most importantly Saudi Arabia.
Good.
I have read, watched and listened. Maybe you know something I don't and have something to add. Or maybe you just want to avoid questions like normal.
The more time goes on the more I realize it's probably never been about actually solving problems.

what religion are the Iranians?
Who are the Kurds?
Who is fighting in Yemen?
What is a Madras?
What is the difference between a Shiite, A Sunni, and a Sufi?
How much of the US economy is owned by the Saudi Royal Family?
What is the Muslim Brotherhood?
Why do we continue to support a Fossil Fuel Economy?
What is Aramco?
Who are the Alawites?

what religion are the Iranians?
Who are the Kurds?
Who is fighting in Yemen?
What is a Madras?
What is the difference between a Shiite, A Sunni, and a Sufi?
How much of the US economy is owned by the Saudi Royal Family?
What is the Muslim Brotherhood?
What is Aramco?
Who are the Alawites?
Ok Stu. You don't want a real discussion so be it. Can't say it surprises me. I dont have any problem answering those questions for you but I suspect I dont need to. I'm not sure what your angle is as a result other than to try and get out of answering a question that can make you look foolish in the process.

Are Muslims at the receiving end of terror receiving it because they are Muslim or because of their geographical location? In other words if a nonmuslim were to pronounce to an entity like ISIS in a group of people about to be beheaded "I am Christian" would they be let go and apologized to?
@Stu @acd
you want me to answer this ?

I would like your opinion on the reasoning, if it is sound and if it is not, why not.

OMG Facts!
“Real” Facts....shit...hmmm...

Did you hear about Bowling Green? Terrible.

Because it is profitable. A TV series and several films have had that name "black gold".

Blackgoldlogo.jpg

I absolutely loved seeing Trump pull the plug of TPP. That monstrous trade deal was negotiated by multinational companies for the benefit of the owners of such companies. Politicians were asked to read it and sign it. The public was never meant to have a voice in shaping the text or the signing of the treaty.

TPP is only one out of three recent trade deals, the other being TTIP, CETA and TISA. TPP covers East Asia and the Pacific; TTIP covers the EU and the US; CETA covers Canada and the EU. TISA is the sum of all the other countries. TTIP was derailed. CETA was signed recently. TISA is the only remaining trade deal still being negotiated.

If Trump has the gut to ditch TISA too, I will go yodeling in the streets in the early hours. :m124:

The Global Terrorism Database defines a terrorist attack as the threatened or actual use of illegal force and violence by a non‐state actor to attain a political, economic, religious, or social goal through fear, coercion, or intimidation.
@Eventhorizon you ask
Are Muslims at the receiving end of terror receiving it because they are Muslim or because of their geographical location?
Sometimes yes and sometimes no, in those countries with the highest incidents of lethal terrorism politics is the leading motivation.

In other words if a nonmuslim were to pronounce to an entity like ISIS in a group of people about to be beheaded "I am Christian" would they be let go and apologized to?
Really? who truly believes there are no stupid questions?

It seems that your question is how are victims of terror,in western countries,are being selected. To think about that means we are not interested in terrorism globally but as it pertains to the US and other western nations. And it would seem even more specifically it asks about terrorism that is projected from those areas of the world with high incidents of terrorism.

From that narrow perspective the victims of the terrorism of which you are interested are not Muslims.

The assumption that the terrorism label imbues a more sinister connotation .... is logically flawed. Yes, many terrorist attacks have been deadly, devastating, heartbreaking.... However, the same can be said for many acts of violence that do not constitute acts of terrorism, including mass shootings in schools, movie theaters, office buildings; airline disasters; and serial killings.
http://www.start.umd.edu/news/terrorism-why-does-it-matter
As an aside, the rates of deadly and devastating incidents resulting from undocumented individuals not confiding in police officers investigating violent crimes or of traffic accidents resulting from those fleeing traffic cops will far exceed any terrorist incidents.

On the other hand, definitions of terrorism typically require some degree of violence, but not lethality. In fact, more than half (53%) of all terrorist attacks recorded in the GTD between 1970 and 2014 did not result in any fatalities.
http://www.start.umd.edu/news/terrorism-why-does-it-matter

Capture.JPG

Reactions: Eventhorizon
@Stu. All of that is good information. I see where you are coming from now. Having said that I think you are correct I am mostly concerned with terrorism as it pertains to the US