Premonitions, Callings, Intuition, Gut Feelings | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Premonitions, Callings, Intuition, Gut Feelings

It's great to "go with it". Leanne Payne, for example, reinforces the idea that the "heart" is underappreciated in its ability to understand things beyond logic and analyzable facts (cf. The Broken Image). I think it's also fun to think about the ways our subconscious can receive information.

I believe that vibes are a part of INJ communication, for example. They do this through the eyes. But everything about a person's subtlest movements produce vibes. Just think of the subtlety of noticing a person's breathing patterns, for example, as a vibe. A face slightly lower than "usual". The vibes communicate that there's something not right, but you might not be able to identity what that thing is.... or that something is very different about someone today, etc.

E.g., I sense sometimes that I am feeling much different in some aspect of myself even up to the recent past--as if I have achieved some nebulous milestone in life. But I can't pinpoint what it is exactly, just some new sense of maturity in some aspect of my humanness, ability to communicate with others, etc.

You're right all of those subtleties are communicating all kinds of things, and how in tune we are to them can tell us a lot. Very good point. "Nebulous milestone", that's a great phrase - I love that. That sounds better to me than older, wiser, or all the other words we use to describe growth. I have reached yet another nebulous milestone :D

Maybe you INFJs can listen to this for inspiration of your unexplainable mystical Ni

[video=youtube;O9Y-mtihWiI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9Y-mtihWiI[/video]

Reactions: #@&5&49
I have intuitive premonitions like these, but I don't tend to think of them as mysterious. As I understand, INFJ's are good at noticing not just how things are, but why they are. We see why people are doing things, and thus we can sometimes predict what they will do in the future.

My goodness, I could walk a thousand miles and not encounter another person who would even consider the fact that I am not crazy when I start talking about these things. Yet here on this forum, it's an everyday experience for people who don't even think about it as anything except ordinary life experiences.

My goodness, I could walk a thousand miles and not encounter another person who would even consider the fact that I am not crazy when I start talking about these things. Yet here on this forum, it's an everyday experience for people who don't even think about it as anything except ordinary life experiences.

Oh the Irony. :m066:

I bet if you put enough intelligent INFJs in the same place they would end up rediscovering magic or summoning spirits or something.

All I know is. If I don't follow my intuition or gut feeelings, they will more often than not be true.

I tend to be very skeptical about accepting when other people say they have these "feelings," but I have come to realize that these things can and DO exist because I have experienced strange, strong feelings as well. I've had an experience where one moment I was absolutely fine being in a specific person's presence, and all of a sudden my entire being became repulsed at the mere sight of him. For months, my body would convulse when I thought of this person. My heart had no peace until he left the picture. Things like this leave an impression on me because I will explain it away until I can no longer fight it.

Have any of you tuned in to what I call "universe parallels?" I always make note of things that simply cannot be coincidence. For example, you have a strong feeling about someone in your past and the next day they attempt to contact you (for the first time in years). Or you hear extremely specific phrases in multiple, unrelated situations all in the course of a couple days. These things happen to me on a weekly basis, and I am always sure to make note of them (aloud).

I believe in truth. I believe in a Designer. Religion has had such a damning role in removing all understanding from these realities, but I have experienced far too much to deny it.

I get them all the time, and they vary greatly in magnitude. It could be something as simple as my gut telling me to take a different way to school because there was going to be a bad accident, should I have taken my normal route, to me changing half my course schedule for a semester.

You're right all of those subtleties are communicating all kinds of things, and how in tune we are to them can tell us a lot. Very good point. "Nebulous milestone", that's a great phrase - I love that. That sounds better to me than older, wiser, or all the other words we use to describe growth. I have reached yet another nebulous milestone :D
My phrasings are only premonitions of what phrases I will invent next :w:

Or you hear extremely specific phrases in multiple, unrelated situations all in the course of a couple days.
That happens to me and if I don't listen to them some will continue until I do listen, sometimes almost screaming at me. I'm not looking at that as intuition or empathy, cause it just doesn't feel like those. It seriously is like a form of communication that I have no words for, but I am learning to trust it. I mean seriously, hearing voices, that's pretty serious stuff. But there's a difference between hearing a voice that tells you to go out and hurt someone vs. hearing a voice that says your brother is in a lot of pain you need to call him. For a long time I couldn't listen to these because they just freaked me out too much, but now I can't ignore them. Now I'm like, what was that, what did you say, I'M LISTENING! But like [MENTION=5206]Oros Ull[/MENTION] was saying when reality is thick, it's hard for me to hear. Like when I'm caught up in some heavy emotional thing in my life, those things become really dulled for me.

[MENTION=5224]Sadie[/MENTION] Here are few doodles of some of my "Imaginary friends".

They seem to personify my perspectives mostly and arise when faced with certain aspects of thought.

I don’t have a working scanner at home so I can’t post any of my real artwork of them. But I just doodled some of them at work and used their photocopier.

New Picture (2).pngNew Picture (3).pngNew Picture (4).png

The First one doesn’t have a name but he represents Time and Infinity. He is a constant echo of himself and looks like a tesseract almost but continues as a line everywhere he goes, and he is made up of a series of multi colored lines that constantly connect disconnect on his face making new geometric designs. So as his tesseract body constantly turns itself inside out all the patterns on his faces reach out to form temporary realities. It’s hard to explain and even harder to draw. But there is a doodle none the less.

The 2nd is Oro (one of the guys I got my name from) and he represents observation. His body is made up of static in a vaguely humanoid shape. His face is a giant eye which is the only thing on him that appears real in any way. Usually he is static but as opinions form he becomes denser until his body looks more like orbiting blocks of liquid. But he still always maintains the humanoid shape. He is not so much an individual as a race of a kind. Should I make a new observation a new Oro is born and then he slowly solidifies making himself more and more concrete becoming a new perspective. My mind is full of these guys.

The 3rd is Ullul (the other guy I got my name from) and he represents transcendence and the knowledge that there is always far more than what I perceive. He is a tall blue flame and he moves like one of those “wacky waving inflatable tube men” but he can fly. (Well there is no gravity so everything can fly) His eyes are like sunspots and his arms and the long parts of his body look like solar flares. But he feels cool to the touch.

As you can see they are all very abstract as is the realm of my imagination that they manifest in. There are literally thousands of characters floating around in my mind many I have forgot and many I have yet to really meet. But nothing in my mind resembles reality but rather reflects its connotations and personifies them into a new design. It’s a weird way to think but it works and has allowed me to see and understand lots of strange things.

Last edited:
[MENTION=5206]Oros Ull[/MENTION],

Those are amazing, not only the drawings, but the way you explain them. A fantastic blend of reality and fiction. I could see those as many things; visual art, fantastic and enlightening sci-fi short stories, movies, illustrated children's books, etc.. You have an array of talents. Your ability to draw and describe those guys gave me goosebumps. Those are really cool. I love their names too. I hope you continue to draw and write about those guys in your life, and maybe entertain the possibility of doing some of that professionally. Cool stuff.

[MENTION=5206]Oros Ull[/MENTION],

Those are amazing, not only the drawings, but the way you explain them. A fantastic blend of reality and fiction. I could see those as many things; visual art, fantastic and enlightening sci-fi short stories, movies, illustrated children's books, etc.. You have an array of talents. Your ability to draw and describe those guys gave me goosebumps. Those are really cool. I love their names too. I hope you continue to draw and write about those guys in your life, and maybe entertain the possibility of doing some of that professionally. Cool stuff.

Thanks :). When I was a kid I used them for a homemade D&D game. Lol.

I do draw and paint them a lot and have a bunch of stories based off of them. But I wasn’t planning on doing anything monetary. I had considered making a website or something though with a bunch of web comics and the like.

It’s weird. I keep in contact with it but unless I’m completely off my rocker from trauma then the imagery becomes dull. And I don’t want to keep abusing myself to gain more ideas. That’s sort of been why I haven’t done it already.

If I started doing it professionally and wound up trying to meet a quota I would end up forcing myself into emotional masochism out of necessity. :p

But something freelance would be a fun way to express this stuff.

I was just sent a note suggesting what we are discussing here are spirit guides. What do you all think about spirit guides? Do you think they exist? What are they?

Last edited:
Thanks :). When I was a kid I used them for a homemade D&D game. Lol.

I do draw and paint them a lot and have a bunch of stories based off of them. But I wasn’t planning on doing anything monetary. I had considered making a website or something though with a bunch of web comics and the like.

It’s weird. I keep in contact with it but unless I’m completely off my rocker from trauma then the imagery becomes dull. And I don’t want to keep abusing myself to gain more ideas. That’s sort of been why I haven’t done it already.

If I started doing it professionally and wound up trying to meet a quota I would end up forcing myself into emotional masochism out of necessity. :p

But something freelance would be a fun way to express this stuff.

Comic books - yeah. I can totally see that. That's something that can be done on a once and awhile basis too. You just create them when you want to, no pressure. There are probably publishers who specialize in those. Yeah, creating art (visual, music, writing, etc) becomes a job when you do it for a living. It can start to lose it's enjoyment when you're thinking I need to sell this to pay my rent.

The one thing I'm quite sure is that I'm not insane (yet.), as far as these voices are concerned.
Although I noticed the moment I went less sane, the louder; varied; noisy the voices become. Everything become surefire, all premonitions become certain. Hated it when that happen-- not to mention the lessening of my sanity.

I'm not really sure what it is; I'm quite sure in my case it's not supernatural-- maybe. My biggest guess is, it's an overcondensation of what I learned, known, thought, and believed, put into one simple, general verdict. ; "Oh, dear; it's not going to work." "This is good." "DO THIS ASAP."

And that makes the voice hard to listen, isn't it? Especially if you're trying to tell it to anyone...so..yeah, Cassandra Syndrome happened. It's quite fun, schadenfreude aside.

I am fascinated by all of this. How it works, when it works, why it works, etc. I was just doing a little research about spirit guides, and what I was reading is that they are a form of intuition that can be accessed through lucid dreaming as [MENTION=5206]Oros Ull[/MENTION] was stating, through an inner voice, as [MENTION=4982]Reverie[/MENTION] was saying, or can possibly be a spirit that has crossed over, as I was saying. All things we have mentioned in this thread. This is stuff I found on the net, so the validity of this, well, who knows. It also seems different people seem to have different beliefs about what spirit guides are. I have very little information about it right now, but am definitely interested in learning more about this concept. Specifically how to access this as opposed to it being something that happens to me.

Someone had told me about the concept of spirit guides years and years ago. I forgot all about it until we started having this discussion. Then I recalled that conversation from some 20 years ago, then someone from this forum sent me a note about spirit guides. I think someone is trying to tell me something :D

Like I said, I'M LISTENING. If anybody has some information, theories, knowledge, or experience about spirit guides I would love to hear them.

[MENTION=5224]Sadie[/MENTION]

also consider it as something not so spiritual; I might have to say.

Putting it as something mystic / spiritual tend to give those voices some heavier form of 'validity'. Because you essentially put weight on some 'other supernatural being'. It's essentially telling something that comes from the voice of others.

Which....
.............when it bites, it bites.

A sort of doomsaying. :)

[MENTION=2172]Trifoilum[/MENTION],

That's a good point to remember - thanks. I have no actual words or even a definition to describe these things, so I'm reaching here for something...what that is I'm not entirely sure, but definitely curious and open to just about any kind of definition or suggestion. Perhaps it is a variety of things, explained in a variety of ways through a variety of perspectives or belief systems. I'm open to that - it doesn't need to look a specific way, at least at this point in time anyway :becky:

Reactions: Trifoilum