Political Science for an INFJ | INFJ Forum

Political Science for an INFJ

HolyWave

Two
Feb 14, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
I have been thinking of studying political science in future for an undergraduate degree. But I have heard it is unsuitable for INFJs because it is a subject for highly extroverted people(unlike me!!). I am actually interested in studying and researching in political theory.

What do you guys think?

I've always loved political science. It may be a good degree in this day and age considering they need idea men and creative problem solvers in the political arena.

yeah.......but many people say that, you need to be extroverted to enjoy the course.

If you are planning on becoming a politician, then you probably want to be extroverted. However, working behind the scenes in the political theater doesn't necessarily mean you need to be extroverted. If you are serious about it, why not job shadow some people who work in the political science field and see what it is like and what personality traits would be best put where?

You don't need to be extroverted. Most people in government or government related jobs don't give speeches every other day. You have to work with people usually, but that is not so bad.

I am taking a basic poli-sci class this semester, and I find it really interesting, but I can't form opinions when I see both (or multiple) sides of the arguments. I couldn't be a politician, but INFJs tend to be able to do many things, we are suited for many jobs. Did you know there has never been an INFJ president in the US? But first lady Eleanor Roosevelt probably had INFJ prefs. . . :)

Martin Van Buren and Jimmy Carter were both INFJs if I remember correctly and the information I received is accurate. There may have been others, but those are the only two that come off the top of my head.

I'm studying politics(also psychology,sociology and philosophy)in college and I think it's really interesting.There's a lot more to it than just government. At the moment we're doing international relations which is really interesting.I also found the course in political philosophy gave me a lot of questions to ponder on.I don't think one has to be extroverted to study politics as many of the debates require a lot of introverted thinking...It's also obviously incredibly relevant to the daily life we lead so anybody who's interested in people can work well at it.
In saying that I've a test Wed. and i could be singing a very different tune after it lol!

I'm studying politics(also psychology,sociology and philosophy)in college and I think it's really interesting.There's a lot more to it than just government. At the moment we're doing international relations which is really interesting.I also found the course in political philosophy gave me a lot of questions to ponder on.I don't think one has to be extroverted to study politics as many of the debates require a lot of introverted thinking...It's also obviously incredibly relevant to the daily life we lead so anybody who's interested in people can work well at it.
In saying that I've a test Wed. and i could be singing a very different tune after it lol!

Wow, you are interested in the same things that I am, though I haven't taken any politics courses in college yet. I'm focusing mostly on sociology and philosophy with some psychology. In any case, they are my top 4 areas.

excellent!finding it interesting?i have to choose two out of four at the end of the term and i have no idea which to keep on!

I loved political science, especially political theory. I almost decided to go back to it, but I discovered my love for it later in my academic career. My favorite was when we studied Machiavelli. Man, I loved that lesson.

I would think that speechwriters, interpreters, and positions requiring mediaton could be some possible occupations for INFJ's interested in Political Science.

I loved political science, especially political theory. I almost decided to go back to it, but I discovered my love for it later in my academic career. My favorite was when we studied Machiavelli. Man, I loved that lesson.

Strange. I would consider that INFJs would despise political realism. In fact, that's one of the reasons I think I am an INTJ.