Political Science for an INFJ | INFJ Forum

Political Science for an INFJ

Discussion in 'The INFJ Typology' started by HolyWave, Mar 11, 2009.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
More threads by HolyWave
  1. HolyWave

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I have been thinking of studying political science in future for an undergraduate degree. But I have heard it is unsuitable for INFJs because it is a subject for highly extroverted people(unlike me!!). I am actually interested in studying and researching in political theory.

What do you guys think?

2. Satya

Satya C'est la vie
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INXP
    I've always loved political science. It may be a good degree in this day and age considering they need idea men and creative problem solvers in the political arena.

3. OP
    HolyWave

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    yeah.......but many people say that, you need to be extroverted to enjoy the course.

4. Satya

Satya C'est la vie
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INXP
    If you are planning on becoming a politician, then you probably want to be extroverted. However, working behind the scenes in the political theater doesn't necessarily mean you need to be extroverted. If you are serious about it, why not job shadow some people who work in the political science field and see what it is like and what personality traits would be best put where?

5. Faye

Faye ^_^
    Staff Member Administrator

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    You don't need to be extroverted. Most people in government or government related jobs don't give speeches every other day. You have to work with people usually, but that is not so bad.

6. Stephanie

Stephanie Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I am taking a basic poli-sci class this semester, and I find it really interesting, but I can't form opinions when I see both (or multiple) sides of the arguments. I couldn't be a politician, but INFJs tend to be able to do many things, we are suited for many jobs. Did you know there has never been an INFJ president in the US? But first lady Eleanor Roosevelt probably had INFJ prefs. . . :)

7. Faye

Faye ^_^

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Martin Van Buren and Jimmy Carter were both INFJs if I remember correctly and the information I received is accurate. There may have been others, but those are the only two that come off the top of my head.

8. Liv

Liv Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    I'm studying politics(also psychology,sociology and philosophy)in college and I think it's really interesting.There's a lot more to it than just government. At the moment we're doing international relations which is really interesting.I also found the course in political philosophy gave me a lot of questions to ponder on.I don't think one has to be extroverted to study politics as many of the debates require a lot of introverted thinking...It's also obviously incredibly relevant to the daily life we lead so anybody who's interested in people can work well at it.
    In saying that I've a test Wed. and i could be singing a very different tune after it lol!

9. Faye

Faye ^_^

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Wow, you are interested in the same things that I am, though I haven't taken any politics courses in college yet. I'm focusing mostly on sociology and philosophy with some psychology. In any case, they are my top 4 areas.

10. Liv

Liv Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    excellent!finding it interesting?i have to choose two out of four at the end of the term and i have no idea which to keep on!

11. arbygil

arbygil Passing through

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    I loved political science, especially political theory. I almost decided to go back to it, but I discovered my love for it later in my academic career. My favorite was when we studied Machiavelli. Man, I loved that lesson.

12. EloquentBohemian

EloquentBohemian Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INxx
    I would think that speechwriters, interpreters, and positions requiring mediaton could be some possible occupations for INFJ's interested in Political Science.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. Creon

Creon Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Lawful Evil
    Strange. I would consider that INFJs would despise political realism. In fact, that's one of the reasons I think I am an INTJ.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...