Please list the MB types we are compatible with | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Please list the MB types we are compatible with

All points well taken......and perhaps, its a matter of whether these folks we seek out WANT to be compatible with us, then. I dunno about the "we are compatible with all types" thingy, though....maybe it's because at heart, we quite naturally want to get along and have everything go along meaninfully and with depth. Thank you, though. :)

Thing is, depends on where you are in your life. What are you looking for? One type may be the most compatible today, but not years from now. But then, two types who seem incompatible may grow together to be the best partners for each other in the long term. Sometimes, what feels or seems right isn't, and vice versa.

All points well taken......and perhaps, its a matter of whether these folks we seek out WANT to be compatible with us, then. I dunno about the "we are compatible with all types" thingy, though....maybe it's because at heart, we quite naturally want to get along and have everything go along meaninfully and with depth. Thank you, though. :)

Just saw this before i posted, but agree that not all types are compatible.

Last edited:
My boyfriend is an INFJ and while we do have silence, it isn't awkward. It might be awkward for Es who are nearby but for us it is comfortable enough and works fine.

Agreed. The trick to avoiding awkward silence as an introvert with another one is to not care about silence.

Many times it's just me and my BF driving somewhere with the music going and no one talking. With the wrong person, this feels awkward. My old ISTP ex was like this - I'd just feel intimidated and awkard when driving in silence with him.

With my INFJ one though, it's casual and comfortable. I love it. And the best part about it is that if something crosses my mind, I can say it without fear of it being ignored, judged, thought bad of, etc (unlike my ex).

I think the awkward silences with introverts really only happen when there's a lot more different personality wise between the two of you, not weither the person is introverted or not.

On the note of the topic: the trick to finding love is to love yourself and not care about finding love. Don't read that sentence in an egotistical light and it's really not all that bad. They say it's when you aren't even looking that love finds you - and it really is true.

Once you free yourself from feeling like you need to be in a realtionship, then things just come naturally. You are able to better judge what kind of people are good for you in a relationship, not trying to grab some kind of forbidden fruit out of the false idea that you need X person. When you earnestly start thinking with the mindset that you CAN turn down someone that likes you, when you feel he/she wouldn't make a good relationship but a good friendship.

And interests/jobs don't really matter as much as people think they do. My ex is the only other person I've known on earth in person that had just about every interest I did. Too bad his values and character were utterly immature. What matters is common values, thought processes and the ability to tolerate the other person's mistakes. Being able to think about the other person and appreciate them for who they are, not who you want them to be.

Reactions: z523x4gr98j
Actually most E/I combinations are good because of how much each party feels they need to talk, two Es will typically be fighting for conversation time and two Is will typically have a relationship filled with awkward silence. at least that's my assumption, when I heard about how this actually happens it was in the context of "Conversational types" so I could be wrong about them correlating to the introverted and extroverted personalities but it seems like the should correspond.

You can be an extrovert and have horrible introversion and vice versa for the introvert- this is the most important factor to consider; how developed the Ji is in the EXXP type and how well developed the Pi is in the EXXJ type.

I see what you mean, but the amount one talks cannot be easily attributed to one's dominant attitude preference, I find that such generalizations clouds the true complexity of the two. In my own experience the introversion/extroversion contrast is the least important factor in regards to how different people and types get on.

...and two Is will typically have a relationship filled with awkward silence.

My INFJ wife and I have a relationship filled with comfortable silence (interspersed with great conversation).

My INFJ brother-in-law is married to an ENTP (my sister), and my INTJ son's girlfriend is an INFJ. I think that for us, the N has turned out to be most important.

Honestly, I don't see myself with an XSFP at all. No offence to Chaz or anyone. I just prefer an S, to be an ST. And an XSTP at that. If it were to be an N, I'd have to say a legitimate INFJ is what I would go for. Not a isfj who wants to be an infj when they grow up.

Does type define a person? Absolutely not. However, people tend to want to be defined by their types. Could I be an Istj? I absolutely could, but I would feel very comfortable with it. Peoples preference of cognitive functions does not change. I enjoy a Se dominant, or Se auxiliary, however I don't really like Fi. Does Fi manifest in a certain way every time? No. But it tends to. This is what I dislike. Could I meet an XSFP man I absolutely love? I absolutely can. (And perhaps in a fate filled twist of irony my husband will XSFP) but I really would be kind of met headway with resistance in being me.

Again, I have a feeling this post will come across as convoluted to many, perhaps due to my sleep deprived stupor, so let me reiterate:

If someone is a certain type will I scratch them off my list? No. But will I most likely run into a lot of issues? Yeah, I probably will.

They say it's when you aren't even looking that love finds you - and it really is true.

I spent a couple years not looking for love and I ended up alone and miserable, now that I'm going on dates and trying to make more connections and friends with women I'm a lot happier and think I'm closer to finding love than I ever have been in the past. Maybe love does come find some people but I think not looking at all is setting yourself up for misery.

I spent a couple years not looking for love and I ended up alone and miserable, now that I'm going on dates and trying to make more connections and friends with women I'm a lot happier and think I'm closer to finding love than I ever have been in the past. Maybe love does come find some people but I think not looking at all is setting yourself up for misery.

If you are alone and miserable, then you are still looking for love, even if its only internally.

If you aren't looking for love, then that means you aren't looking for it on both the outside and inside (and thus wouldn't be alone and miserable, assuming you literally were not 100% alone from family, friends, and co-workers).

I'm not saying being proactive doesn't work - but there's a very very fine line between being confident and proactive about your relationships with others (while still maintaining that self-worth), and being constantly on the lookout simply because you feel like you need to find "that perfect person" in order to make yourself feel full of worth... which is a lie. A lot of people who are desperate for a partner I feel jump onto dating websites and such blindingly because of them feeling like they need to be in a relationship, instead of looking into themselves first.

It's simply a fact that people who aren't comfortable or confident in their own skin (on average) don't make very good partners. The line "when you don't look for love, love will find you" is directly applicable to this scenario that many people go through because it implies that the person stops relying on others for self-fulfillment. In turn this ironically causes other people to be more attracted to your positive energy, and the time spent being "alone" doesn't feel lonely at all. I don't feel like the phrase applies in your case, as it sounds like you have a pretty sound idea of yourself and what you personally want out of your life.

Last edited:
If you are alone and miserable, then you are still looking for love, even if its only internally.

If you aren't looking for love, then that means you aren't looking for it on both the outside and inside (and thus wouldn't be alone and miserable, assuming you literally were not 100% alone from family, friends, and co-workers).

I'm not saying being proactive doesn't work - but there's a very very fine line between being confident and proactive about your relationships with others (while still maintaining that self-worth), and being constantly on the lookout simply because you feel like you need to find "that perfect person" in order to make yourself feel full of worth... which is a lie. A lot of people who are desperate for a partner I feel jump onto dating websites and such blindingly because of them feeling like they need to be in a relationship, instead of looking into themselves first.

It's simply a fact that people who aren't comfortable or confident in their own skin (on average) don't make very good partners. The line "when you don't look for love, love will find you" is directly applicable to this scenario that many people go through because it implies that the person stops relying on others for self-fulfillment. In turn this ironically causes other people to be more attracted to your positive energy, and the time spent being "alone" doesn't feel lonely at all. I don't feel like the phrase applies in your case, as it sounds like you have a pretty sound idea of yourself and what you personally want out of your life.

I do see what you're saying but I was actually alone and happy for a long time, although what I went through may not be applicable because I'm self-employed and LITERALLY isolated myself. but what happened to me was I was alone and happy for a couple years but after that I started seeing all my friends get girlfriends or boyfriends or get married and I started getting extreme feelings of inadequacy and that's when the misery started. I feel like I want romantic love so bad now but since I haven't had it in such a long time I don't even know where to begin. I almost feel like I missed an important part of the learning process in love and relationships.

I do see what you're saying but I was actually alone and happy for a long time, although what I went through may not be applicable because I'm self-employed and LITERALLY isolated myself. but what happened to me was I was alone and happy for a couple years but after that I started seeing all my friends get girlfriends or boyfriends or get married and I started getting extreme feelings of inadequacy and that's when the misery started. I feel like I want romantic love so bad now but since I haven't had it in such a long time I don't even know where to begin. I almost feel like I missed an important part of the learning process in love and relationships.

Nah if anything you did what most people need to do to really get a handle on their relationships, which is starting with the self first.

And the thing is, marriage doesn't mean they've "won" in the relationship sense, especially considering many people get married too young, and theres no such thing as getting married too old. Many people get married when they really shouldn't, when they really don't understand who they are or what they really like in people, etc. One of my friends got married to a guy she met at a drunk party about 6 months before marriage - and she was 20. I wouldn't exactly say they have had the most solid relationship.

When the divorce rate is 50%, then marriage isn't exactly the best thing on earth anymore even for relationship minded individuals. It's not about who "wins the race" when it comes to getting involved with someone, it's about the quality experiences one can get out of a truely fufilling relationship - whether it leads to marriage or not.